Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > Engine / Power / Tuning

Notices

Old 10-14-2004, 02:08 AM   #1
bad64chevelle
I will beat you with a toaster!

Question about computer

OK say i powerbrake my A4 94 Z and do a nice burnout...how come my car wont keep the power up, it tends to die down while smokin them up, and if i let off and get back it, it still is missing power. The car has ALWAYS done this, is it something to do with the computer? After a little while the car will regain the power. I havent tried it after the tune up, maybe itll fix it? Whats the deal?
Old 10-14-2004, 09:36 AM   #2
Tru2Chevy
Co-Founder / Site Admin

Social Networks:

I've never heard of something like that. How long did it take for power to come back?

I say go try it now that the car is running right again and see if it makes a difference.

- Justin

Tru2Chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2004, 09:52 AM   #3
bad64chevelle

yeah i may do it today since its wet and i wont F* up my tires as bad hopefully i can keep it on the road though

*By the way i dont get any Low Traction lights or ABS Lights, it just cuts the power out.. Would bad 02's cause that also? i changed them maybe thatll fix it
Old 10-14-2004, 10:28 AM   #4
ar0ck
Resident Camera Guy

Social Networks:

I had a similar sounding problem at the track once in the 85' During a burn out, It seemed to use up vacume and made the brakes mushy, and the car struggled to keep the idle up. I think it turned out to be it was lacking vacume, because a hose was loose.
Old 10-14-2004, 04:24 PM   #5
bad64chevelle

OK heres the scoop....i just went out and took er for a ride...and it still does it! No difference, except the car really gets squirly in the rain now . It feels like the engine is pulling timing, the thing doesnt run rough or anything it just looses ALOT of power once i get into a burnout. and getting out of it...its like the motor tries to conserve the power or limit wheel spin somehow...is there an "computer-aided" traction control on these vehicles? its not equiped with it or anything. Who knows...the car just doesnt seem to be making alot of power anymore...almost like something is holding it back....

**Would me having my low coolant sensor unplugged effect anything? the light was on and i didnt feel like replacing the sensor so i unplugged it...thanks**

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > Engine / Power / Tuning