Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > Engine / Power / Tuning

Notices

Old 09-23-2004, 04:30 PM   #1
skorpion317

w00t! new intake ducting on the way!

I'm getting new intake ducting to replace the HVAC ducting i used for the "Home Depot" intake. The HVAC ducting is not very good, it doesn't hold up well to heat and gets brittle, then it rips. i've had to replace the ducting about 5-6 times already. good thing i bought a 20' section.

i needed something flexible to compensate for the SLP airlid i have (which was designed for LS1's). the ducting worked to that end, but it wasn't durable. A contact of mine works at an Air Force base, and he also has an SLP airlid on his 3.8L camaro. he used a rubber flex hose that looks almost stock to connect the airlid and TB. the hose is used to divert F-16 Falcon exhaust during hangar maintenance checks, it's some heavy-duty stuff. if it's used for JET exhaust, it will hold up to a car's engine bay heat no problem. I should have it on Saturday, anyone who's going to Ewing will be able to see it.
skorpion317 is offline   Reply With Quote

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > Engine / Power / Tuning