Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > NJFBOA Forums > Club and Website Support

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 04-13-2007, 12:22 AM   #1
V
Stalker

ok, i have to say something...

k...enough is enough.. i gotta put this out there...
lately in the past few weeks, some things have really been bothering me on the site.

I could go about it by PM'ing Justin and/or Tim, but i want this here to make it visable to all. I am not saying any users in specific... it is many that are guilty, so do not reply with user names, excuses, blame, etc. this is all IN GENERAL.

First off.. the topic of OLD THREADS... There is NO need, none whatsoever, to be bringing up threads that are several years old. In the past month i've seen many pop up. Those threads fell to the bottom for a reason, let them remain there. IF you must find out about whatever after the last post happened... PM the thread starter and ask that way. PMs are available for a reason, use them. Even threads several months old, use common sense before posting up something that will have absolutely no meaning to anyone else. I ask the admins and the mods to please lock any such revived threads as soon as they are spotted, and dont worry, I will be reporting them as i have been doing.

Second.. Postwhoring... Ok, so its not to the extreme that we had it in the buddy list thread, but IMO it is getting excessive. I do not feel the admins or mods should have to do anything about this problem though. It is YOU, the users, that need to stop it if you are guilty. I belive that a one smiley response in a thread should not be considered a valid post.(once in a while its fine, but some users only seem to know how to do that) Some cases maybe, but now all to often i see post after post of smileys... "werd", "im with stupid" etc etc, that alone gets kinda annoying, whatever, but it doesnt stop there. It needs to be made clear that a USER does NOT have to reply to every single post made. I often come on at night and see specific users names straight down the "last post" list for 7+ threads and practically all are pointless responses. One does not need to get a word in on every topic. If you have something worthy to add, go for it, but just to make a post?...come on now.

third.. classifieds.. A. lowball offers... dont do it, its disrespectful and a waste of time. 99% of the people selling items know the real value and hence why they have a price listed in the first place. Offering way less is an insult. Be fair so when it comes time you want to sell something, people will respect you and not play games.
B. Also, READ classified ads fully. i see way too many ads asking questions that were answered in the original post, i guess people just forget how to read. ie.-if price says firm, its firm. If an ad states obvious terms/trades/conditions etc, thats what the deal is.

there are a few other things i had thought of but right now dont come to mind. Those will be discussed with tim/justin next tiem i see them.

Overall, i believe these things can be remedied very easily, just think before you post... and itll be a better world. byt the way, yes i'm in kind of a bad mood currently, no i'm not pms'ing(in case you wanna try to be funny), and i'm not gonna boycott the site over this. If nothing changes, ill still live, but i believe even if some people read this and understand, then my point has been made.
Old 04-13-2007, 06:12 AM   #2
bobb1589

very well written i do agree in seeing that this does happen alot... especially with the smilies ; ie- "werd", "im with stupid" etc. it can get annoying especially when someone is trying to get real information from a topic and all there are is responses with smilies or useless information
Old 04-14-2007, 10:15 AM   #3
maroman88
12 Second Club

yea some specific newb comes to mind with the low ball offers IN EVERY CLASSIFIED ADD!
97 Trans Am WS6
98 Blazer ZR2
00 Corvette
04 CTS-V
07 Sublime Charger Daytona
10 Tahoe SSV
12 Tahoe LT
17 Malibu LT
Old 04-14-2007, 10:37 AM   #4
WayFast84

Quote:
Originally Posted by maroman88 View Post
yea some specific newb comes to mind with the low ball offers IN EVERY CLASSIFIED ADD!
Thats been pissing me off, and it shouldnt affect me. The others are true too, I my self do post smiley's some times, but I can think of way more people who do it more. I also agree with paul On people posting to post, I used to be like that, but not so much any more.

I think we should all take pauls comments as constructive cridisicm(sp?)! We can make all other big changes, like the language, we can make smaller changes, like re-reading a classified post, and posting more then to just post

Old 04-14-2007, 02:52 PM   #5
foff667
Keyboard Tough Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95 red slp View Post
very well written i do agree in seeing that this does happen alot... especially with the smilies ; ie- "werd", "im with stupid" etc. it can get annoying especially when someone is trying to get real information from a topic and all there are is responses with smilies or useless information
Old 04-14-2007, 06:02 PM   #6
Ian
Banned Camp Director Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by foff667 View Post

sorry, I just couldnt help myself.
Old 04-14-2007, 07:21 PM   #7
GP99GT
Mr Fantastic

i like pie

is this post also frowned upon?

B18B1 FTW
Old 04-14-2007, 08:38 PM   #8
BonzoHansen
Admin.

Well, there are 3 examples of what he's talking about. Saves me from searching.

The looser the waistband, the deeper the quicksand. Or so I have read.

Feather-light suspension, Konis just couldn't hold. I'm so glad I took a look inside your showroom doors.

Hey everybody, it's good to have you on the Baba-too-da-ba-too-ba-ba-buh-doo-ga-ga-bop-a-dop
Old 04-15-2007, 03:32 AM   #9
Ian

shut up scott, nobody likes you!

Old 04-15-2007, 09:35 AM   #10
BonzoHansen
Admin.

I least I'm no hater. Remind me to slap you in the side of the head when I get a chance.

Feather-light suspension, Konis just couldn't hold. I'm so glad I took a look inside your showroom doors.

Hey everybody, it's good to have you on the Baba-too-da-ba-too-ba-ba-buh-doo-ga-ga-bop-a-dop
Old 04-15-2007, 10:03 AM   #11
Fast92RS
Power Member

sounds like some people take things way too seriously....
Old 04-15-2007, 01:15 PM   #12
ar0ck
Resident Camera Guy

Social Networks:

The internet... serious business.
Old 04-15-2007, 03:10 PM   #13
Ian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonzoHansen View Post
I least I'm no hater. Remind me to slap you in the side of the head when I get a chance.
yes sir
Old 04-15-2007, 04:17 PM   #14
BonzoHansen
Admin.

/hijack over, point made.

Closed Thread

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > NJFBOA Forums > Club and Website Support