Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > Appearance

Notices

Old 03-29-2008, 06:19 PM   #1
Oddball

Good shops / people for severe detail work?

In addition to wanting rear seat belts, I am also looking for someone or a shop that is good at exterior detailing. My 86 GM paint job is starting to look not-so-new, including some deep scratches by #2 kid last summer. Compunding / waxing got a little back but I am not a professional and it looks like ass. Bringing it to the local White Glove (well used to be a WG and is now "Raceway wash") left wax on my IROC hood inserts.

Do any of you know good detail shops in South Jersey or do detailing work yourself? My car will need at minimum a good compounding, if not a wet-sanding. Some areas are beyond hope, such as the awful aftermarket spoiler a previous owner put on, but I'd like to have the body itself look as good as possible.

Wheels are also hazing over, so anyone who is good with them would appreciated too.

The interior is flawless. I only need a professional for the exterior.

Daily Driver: 2011 Ford Expedition EL (4 very tall kids means suck it up for a while)
Crisis Car: 1986 Chevy Camaro IROC: 5.0L 4BBL Carb, 5-speed, T-tops, "Good afternoon officer how fast was I going" red.
Oddball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 08:36 PM   #2
Mike
BadMod

pm rich189.......and do a search for some of the work he has done in the multimedia section

Quote:
Originally Posted by 79CamaroDiva View Post
It started before I drove your car. I just have to look at it the wrong way and your car poops parts.
Mercerville MotorSports, LLC
Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 12:06 PM   #3
Rich189
NJFBOA Supporting Sponsor

I do detailing on the side (used to do it full time before i started working NJDOC) I'll be a sponsor soon so pm me for prices etc. until then heres a few links with some of my recent work... or if you dont want to travel i may be able to find someone reputable in your area.

http://www.njfboa.org/forums/showthread.php?t=33006
http://www.njfboa.org/forums/showthread.php?t=32923

2002 Trans am ws6.. black on black bolt ons with a JS built trans, 3200 stall,TTM's w/315's, full umi adj rear suspension, strano springs/sways, and koni 4/4's

2015 Forester XT touring... STI Sway bars
Rich189 is offline   Reply With Quote

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > Appearance