Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > General Tech

Notices

Old 03-27-2015, 08:35 AM   #1
redsoxsstink

Social Networks:

cruise control troubleshooting

a few wheel ago while driving on the partway in a rain/snow storm back from AC my cruise control shut off randomly and will not turn back on. check fuse and that is good, brake lights also work, and there are no current or pending codes from what i can see. this is in my 02 3.8l 5spd

i really dont like electricity and wires, so im not sure where to start with diagnosing the issue. i have purchased a stop lamp switch (p/n 10424858 ) and cruise control release switch (p/n 10426455) just because they were cheap and i figured it could be either one of those two of the stalk which is expensive.. i plan on changing out those switches as they come in over the next few days but am looking for some guidance if they do not fix the issue
2002 Camaro Sunset Orange Mettalic, V6, 5spd, bilstein HD shocks and struts, eibach pro lowering kit, eibach f/r sway bars, lakewood PHB, UMI 2 point subframe connectors, energy suspensions poly master bushing kit
daily econobox and first car

1986 IROC-Z, T56, MGW shifter, Heads, Cam, Holley Stealth Ram 350, t-top, tubular LCA with relo brackets, adjustable PHB, belltech sway bars, ground control weight jacks, SLP mid length headers, 3in w/borla XR1, RIP 3 10 bolts, 12.7 @ 109 so far.. atleast its faster than stock SOLD

1971 Camaro LS3/T56/9in, cam only and still carbed, RIP 2 10 bolts, 11.62@121

03 Blazer 2 door - salt sponge
redsoxsstink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 08:50 AM   #2
sweetbmxrider
Meet Coordinator

I would ohm the on/off switch. Its a pink feed and then a gray wire to the Throttle Actuator Control Module. The switches you are replacing are normally closed so if you ohm them out and they in fact, ohm out, they are good. Note that they are more than likely depressed when the brake and clutch pedal are up so be certain to test this way.
Old 03-27-2015, 09:20 AM   #3
xrelapse13

check the clutch switch as well. Do you have any brake or abs lights on?

2000 ws6
xrelapse13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 04:05 PM   #4
redsoxsstink

Social Networks:

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrelapse13 View Post
check the clutch switch as well. Do you have any brake or abs lights on?
no lights other than a security light that has been on for the past 4yrs and didnt affect cruise function. ABS and TCS still work i have tested both.
2002 Camaro Sunset Orange Mettalic, V6, 5spd, bilstein HD shocks and struts, eibach pro lowering kit, eibach f/r sway bars, lakewood PHB, UMI 2 point subframe connectors, energy suspensions poly master bushing kit
daily econobox and first car

1986 IROC-Z, T56, MGW shifter, Heads, Cam, Holley Stealth Ram 350, t-top, tubular LCA with relo brackets, adjustable PHB, belltech sway bars, ground control weight jacks, SLP mid length headers, 3in w/borla XR1, RIP 3 10 bolts, 12.7 @ 109 so far.. atleast its faster than stock SOLD

1971 Camaro LS3/T56/9in, cam only and still carbed, RIP 2 10 bolts, 11.62@121

03 Blazer 2 door - salt sponge
redsoxsstink is offline   Reply With Quote

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > General Tech