Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > Electrical and Wiring

Notices

Old 05-19-2010, 03:13 PM   #1
fmybody

Monsoon killed my battery?

So I was listenting to a CD last week when it just spit it out inbetween tracks and said "Err" and keeps trying to eject the CD (which it already did) and it keeps trying to eject CDs and say "Err" even when i turn the car off and open the door...

i parked the car on sat and went to drive it yesterday and it was dead... i havent jumped it yet cause i havent had time and i also dont know if it will die or if thats what caused it to die in the first place.. so I'm pretty sure the CD player just took a dump ive read up on it and they say its pretty much just broken

Questions:

1. Do you think thats could have killed my battery ... trying to eject a cd for like 3 days straight every 2 seconds?

2. Should i replace the HU?

3. If i replace the head unit... is it going to run me big bucks for like rewireing and all that craP?

4. What do you think is the best solution and what do you think is most economical?
fmybody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 04:55 PM   #2
V
Stalker

yes, a radio trying to eject that whole time would kill the battery.

your best bet it just to replace the whole head unit.

doing a radio swap... just get a dash kit, and adapter harness, it will cost you a total of maybe 25 bucks(not including whichever radio you desire) and maybe 15 min max of doign some simple wiring which i could fully wxplain to you. (a matter uf connecting the radio harness to the adapter harness and like thats 8 or 9 wires)

If you are interested in selling the old one let me know. i need one for my SS and ive done internal work on many radios. id just disconnect the cd player components and use it only for the radio.

Last edited by V; 05-19-2010 at 04:56 PM.
V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 06:51 PM   #3
fmybody

Quote:
Originally Posted by V View Post
yes, a radio trying to eject that whole time would kill the battery.

your best bet it just to replace the whole head unit.

doing a radio swap... just get a dash kit, and adapter harness, it will cost you a total of maybe 25 bucks(not including whichever radio you desire) and maybe 15 min max of doign some simple wiring which i could fully wxplain to you. (a matter uf connecting the radio harness to the adapter harness and like thats 8 or 9 wires)

If you are interested in selling the old one let me know. i need one for my SS and ive done internal work on many radios. id just disconnect the cd player components and use it only for the radio.
cool thats pretty much exactly the info i was looking for (and hoping for lol) but im not sure what im going to do with the stock... i will deff keep you updated i plan on taking care of this tomorrow morning
Old 06-05-2010, 11:00 AM   #4
greenformula92

yeah every now and again mine spits a cd out to and tries to eject for a few minutes but then it stops and shove the cd back in lol

2018 Silverado 1500
greenformula92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 03:41 PM   #5
fmybody

Quote:
Originally Posted by blk95formula View Post
yeah every now and again mine spits a cd out to and tries to eject for a few minutes but then it stops and shove the cd back in lol
yeah mine used eject them as soon as i put them in and after maybe 3 or 4 tries it would play.. then it started doing what i said..

after it kiilled the battery it reset itself and i havent tried to use it since im saving for a nice HU now
Old 06-08-2010, 10:24 PM   #6
greenformula92

mine will only do it once and a while, and only when i first start the car

2018 Silverado 1500
greenformula92 is offline   Reply With Quote

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > Electrical and Wiring