Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge

Notices

Old 04-28-2009, 01:30 AM   #76
Mike
BadMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurninrubberGT View Post
g6/g6 coupe/g8/solstice/g5/trans am/bonneville/grand prix/gto just to name a few

im tired of this chevy/buick is the perfect car **** from people like you, i am and will continue to be a proud pontiac enthusiest, as well as my family will be, and why buy from a company that has destroyed your favorite brand? please tell me
the question was what new pontiacs draw you into a dealership, and you named cars that they dont make any more. you just explained why pontiac is dead.

so how many of those new cars does your family own? get over it man, if pontiac was outselling buick, BUICK WOULD BE GONE, you really ****ing think they just picked pontiac out of a hat?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 79CamaroDiva View Post
It started before I drove your car. I just have to look at it the wrong way and your car poops parts.
Mercerville MotorSports, LLC

Last edited by Mike; 04-28-2009 at 01:32 AM.
Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 11:53 AM   #77
Savage_Messiah
2007 Member of the Year

i feel the need to reiterate on what Mike said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurninrubberGT View Post
g6/g6 coupe/g8/solstice/g5/trans am/bonneville/grand prix/gto just to name a few
Congratulations, 4 out of 8 (I'mcounting g6 and g6 coupe as the same because.... they are) new cars you said you'd buy haven't been made in a little bit. And realistically someone would not be looking at the whole range of pontiacs... if you're shopping for a solstice you're gonna be also looking at other roadsters, not midsize 4 door cars.

Quote:
im tired of this chevy/buick is the perfect car **** from people like you, i am and will continue to be a proud pontiac enthusiest, as well as my family will be, and why buy from a company that has destroyed your favorite brand? please tell me
They've all been the same cars with different faces for years.

Kommandant
of the ACL (Anti Canadian League)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTb1ow View Post
Junk the pos, spend the money on beer, acquire headache.

Same result cept this headache doesnt last months.
Savage_Messiah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 12:31 PM   #78
Predator86

Real quick

I was considering buying a g8 sometime in the next few monthes....do u think will they still honor the warranty? And do u think this killing of pontiac will drive the g8 price up or down?

8/26/07 Just reached 160K and running great!
1/15/09 Just reached 180K and still running great!
Predator86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 12:34 PM   #79
Savage_Messiah
2007 Member of the Year

I'm pretty sure any GM dealer will honor the warranties, but not 100% on that

Kommandant
of the ACL (Anti Canadian League)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTb1ow View Post
Junk the pos, spend the money on beer, acquire headache.

Same result cept this headache doesnt last months.
Savage_Messiah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 01:26 PM   #80
dan

i honestly hope gm tanks, and tanks hard...the government needs to stop WASTING money to do nothing more then prolong the inevitable
gm got themselves into this mess and now they need to pay the price and if that means being disolved/broken up/parted out .however you wanna put it...so be it
same with chrysler
dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 05:00 PM   #81
BigAls87Z28

I dont agree 100% on that. I do agree that they have made mistakes, but why should people know pay for the mistakes of people in the past?
GM over just the last 8 years have done so much to improve the company in every single way. Everything from 2004 foward was a huge departure from what they had been doing.
And remember that what tehy are going through is not because GM is stupid. Toyota is also going though the same problems, as is just about every car company.

I understand you not wanting to go back to pontiac to a point, but to be honest, and this is coming form the biggest Gm fanboi on this site
The G6 is a hunk of ****, as is the G5.
Id rather get a G3.
Solstice and G8 was thier only hope. And both could be moved to somewhere else.
Old 04-28-2009, 06:38 PM   #82
Knipps

I'd totally buy the G8 with Chevy badges, ditching the kidney grill would be the best thing they could do for it

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonzoHansen View Post
dumbass.

Last edited by Knipps; 04-28-2009 at 06:39 PM.
Knipps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 07:21 PM   #83
dan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAls87Z28 View Post
I dont agree 100% on that. I do agree that they have made mistakes, but why should people know pay for the mistakes of people in the past?
GM over just the last 8 years have done so much to improve the company in every single way. Everything from 2004 foward was a huge departure from what they had been doing.
And remember that what tehy are going through is not because GM is stupid. Toyota is also going though the same problems, as is just about every car company.
toyota isn't about to tank hard though..gm is..
and everything 2004 forward may be huge improvements..but the old saying "too little too late" comes strongly to mind
dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 07:24 PM   #84
BigAls87Z28

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan View Post
toyota isn't about to tank hard though..gm is..
and everything 2004 forward may be huge improvements..but the old saying "too little too late" comes strongly to mind
Eh....if the reports are true, Toyota has about 18 billion in reserves, and is burning money 2x faster then GM was.
When GM went to Congress in late 08, they had about 12 billion and burned about 2 billion a month.
Toyota is burning through so much cash, that the Toyoda family forced the CEO Wantabe out a few months ago to but one of the Toyoda sons in so that they can control costs.
They have spent BILLIONS in trying to make themselves American, build thier truck plants and pour tons of cash into the SUVs.
Oh yeah, and they lose money on every Prius. Remember that.
Old 04-28-2009, 07:33 PM   #85
transmaro93

it is sad to sit back and watch an american company as large and as prestigious ( at least years ago thought to be) as general motors just implode... at least i can tell my kids if i ever have them i was alive to watch the demise of America... THE END HAS JUST BEGUN FELLAS.... just sit back grab a beer and watch... because there is nothing that any of you can do about it... sorry to make this political but it really is being GM's controlling stock holder is the federal government...
Old 04-28-2009, 11:32 PM   #86
LS1Hawk

I don't feel sorry for GM. I feel sorry for guys like Bunkie Knudsen and DeLorean who brought Pontiac to prominence when they transformed it from its jalopy image to the high performance brand that it will be remembered for. Or Jim Wangers who poured his heart and soul into marketing the wide-tracks, GTO and Firebird only to see these dumbasses throw out storied models and replace them with "G" cars and stupid ad campaigns like "Pontiac is CAR." I wonder how many brain cells GM wasted coming up with that.
Old 04-29-2009, 07:47 AM   #87
BigAls87Z28

You know, outside of the current Pontiac is CAR, Pontiac has had some of the best commercials for GM.
Old 04-29-2009, 09:38 AM   #88
Untamed

I read the reason for Pontiac's demise was for profitability, not lack of sales. There are lots of G6's on the road, but apparently the decision to "shutter" Pontiac was because it was too expensive to maintain.

Why?

I guess I don't have insight into the costs associated with... what? Salaries, marketing, R&D, etc? Was it really that expensive to make the vehicles, that their margins were paper thin?
I USED TO HAVE an 85 Camaro 305 4bbl, 90 Firebird V6, 97 Firebird V6 (10 speakers!). Despite the two family vehicles, 3 kids, wife and mortgage, I can finally realize the dream - 88 TA almost all stock... for now.

http://www.cardomain.com/id/untameddave

Wanted this - , but ended up with this - for free. Can't argue with free.
Untamed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 09:50 AM   #89
WildBillyT
Ayatollah of Rock N Rolla / Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS1Hawk View Post
I don't feel sorry for GM. I feel sorry for guys like Bunkie Knudsen and DeLorean who brought Pontiac to prominence when they transformed it from its jalopy image to the high performance brand that it will be remembered for. Or Jim Wangers who poured his heart and soul into marketing the wide-tracks, GTO and Firebird only to see these dumbasses throw out storied models and replace them with "G" cars and stupid ad campaigns like "Pontiac is CAR." I wonder how many brain cells GM wasted coming up with that.
I work for a marketing research firm and we are pretty much all in agreement that GM's marketing strategies suck balls. For every division.
WildBillyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 09:54 AM   #90
LTb1ow
Mongo the Meet Coordinator

So how big will the repercussions be if GM falls?
LTb1ow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 10:30 AM   #91
sweetbmxrider
Meet Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by transmaro93 View Post
... sorry to make this political but it really is all i do...
Old 04-29-2009, 10:59 AM   #92
WildBillyT
Ayatollah of Rock N Rolla / Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shownomercy View Post
So how big will the repercussions be if GM falls?
Enough to make millions of people do a collective facepalm, shouting "Why didn't I buy American."
WildBillyT is offline   Reply With Quote

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge