Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge

Notices

Old 06-30-2005, 02:49 PM   #1
Tru2Chevy
Co-Founder / Site Admin

Social Networks:

Motivation for V6 guys to go fast:

http://www.fullthrottlev6.com/forums...ead.php?t=6302

$100+ for the first 3.8L F-body to beat Shirl's time (11.864 @ 113.82).

- Justin

Tru2Chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2005, 02:54 PM   #2
Savage_Messiah
2007 Member of the Year

Give me some turbos and some bottles and ill hit the track in a few days

Kommandant
of the ACL (Anti Canadian League)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTb1ow View Post
Junk the pos, spend the money on beer, acquire headache.

Same result cept this headache doesnt last months.
Savage_Messiah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2005, 03:51 PM   #3
NJSPEEDER
NJFBOA Co-Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage_Messiah
anyone with a 100 shot can take her time down easily. james needs to get off his ass and collect, or we need to throw a little shot on craigs car and see how low teh record will go

later
tim

New Jersey F-Body Owners Association
NJSPEEDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2005, 03:55 PM   #4
Mike
BadMod

i have a kit sitting here and ready to be wired up.....craig could break it at atco TONIGHT

Quote:
Originally Posted by 79CamaroDiva View Post
It started before I drove your car. I just have to look at it the wrong way and your car poops parts.
Mercerville MotorSports, LLC
Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2005, 04:19 PM   #5
Tru2Chevy
Co-Founder / Site Admin

Social Networks:

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJSPEEDER
Quote:
anyone with a 100 shot can take her time down easily. james needs to get off his ass and collect, or we need to throw a little shot on craigs car and see how low teh record will go

later
tim
I dunno if James will collect or not....only other stipulation is that you must become a FTV6 member before you can have the money.....

- Justin

Old 06-30-2005, 08:08 PM   #6
foff667
Keyboard Tough Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tru2Chevy
Quote:
Quote:

later
tim
I dunno if James will collect or not....only other stipulation is that you must become a FTV6 member before you can have the money.....

- Justin
also james is already running like 100 shot on a stock block...not sure how much further he'd want to push it just for $100...and its gonna take more then a little shot on craigs car to run 11's id think...2 full seconds is hard to cut off one way or the other...especially when your talking trying to get into the 11's
foff667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2005, 08:46 PM   #7
Little G
Lifetime Power Member

Don't be hatin' on the nawz yo!!
Fear the Gear. 13.585 @ 100.05 1.827
Beater: 93 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Little G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2005, 09:02 PM   #8
Fasterthanyou

For $1000 I'd get HPTuners and build my own dual stage nitrous system. Leave on 100 then at the 330 or so hit it with a 150. Easy record to beat if these v6 guys knew a thing or 2 about cars . Instead they'll just piddle paddle around and waste more money paying shops in labor than on the parts :P . V6 f-body crowd = crap . Look at how fast the GN's have been going with a single turbo then look at the current turbo V6 f-body's. Like Tim said, they're records are weak.
\"If you can leave black marks on a straight from the time you exit a corner till the time you brake for the next turn.......Then, you have enough horsepower\" - Mark Donohue
Fasterthanyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2005, 09:02 PM   #9
NJSPEEDER
NJFBOA Co-Founder

craigs car is going to need more than just the 100 shot. but i don't really think he needs a ton more.
the exhaust needs to be done, headers and cat back, wide band tune, finish all weight reduction, install relo brackets, and step up to a little bigger tire so he can come out of the hole on the sauce(a 275/50 M/T DR would do the trick). adding front adn rear coil overs would definately make things easier, but i don't think it woudl be a requirement to get teh job done.

later
tim

Old 06-30-2005, 09:41 PM   #10
Little G
Lifetime Power Member

Quote:
craigs car is going to need more than just the 100 shot. but i don't really think he needs a ton more.
the exhaust needs to be done, headers and cat back, wide band tune, finish all weight reduction, install relo brackets, and step up to a little bigger tire so he can come out of the hole on the sauce(a 275/50 M/T DR would do the trick). adding front adn rear coil overs would definately make things easier, but i don't think it woudl be a requirement to get teh job done.

later
tim
Who stole Tim's signon? Did he just suggest more tire?
Fear the Gear. 13.585 @ 100.05 1.827
Beater: 93 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Little G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2005, 09:43 PM   #11
skorpion317

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fasterthanyou
For $1000 I'd get HPTuners and build my own dual stage nitrous system. Leave on 100 then at the 330 or so hit it with a 150. Easy record to beat if these v6 guys knew a thing or 2 about cars . Instead they'll just piddle paddle around and waste more money paying shops in labor than on the parts :P . V6 f-body crowd = crap . Look at how fast the GN's have been going with a single turbo then look at the current turbo V6 f-body's. Like Tim said, they're records are weak.
the Turbo Buicks are completely different from the V6 F-bodies. the only thing similar between the two is that they're RWD, and they have 3.8L V6's. The LC2 is specifically designed to take boost, and have the potential for more power. the L36 was never designed for forced induction or nitrous.

The REAL V6 F-body crowd is a good community. when i say real, i mean the people who are really interested in working on their cars and tuning them. There's a separate crowd within the community that only cares about having the "look," so to speak.

don't hate on the guys (or girls, in Shirl's case) who have done some pretty good things with an ancient engine design.
skorpion317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2005, 10:58 PM   #12
foff667
Keyboard Tough Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by skorpion317
Quote:
the Turbo Buicks are completely different from the V6 F-bodies. the only thing similar between the two is that they're RWD, and they have 3.8L V6's. The LC2 is specifically designed to take boost, and have the potential for more power. the L36 was never designed for forced induction or nitrous.

The REAL V6 F-body crowd is a good community. when i say real, i mean the people who are really interested in working on their cars and tuning them. There's a separate crowd within the community that only cares about having the "look," so to speak.

don't hate on the guys (or girls, in Shirl's case) who have done some pretty good things with an ancient engine design.
i have to admit its a little more complicated then how jon puts it...because of the maf being the TB as well it compicates things...ive seen people maxing out their maf with like 7psi of boost and having to do all kinda weird **** to get it to run right...dont get me wrong i think there is alot of untapped potential but few have had good luck with turbo setups for sure and just as many with nitrous...SD tuning the stock computer is a complete pita with the programming that is out there...its possible but just a pita. And again for $100 who wants to risk their motor?
foff667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2005, 11:08 PM   #13
Mike
BadMod

Quote:

last i checked the the lsx motors are still using pushrods, if you want to talk about ancient, and doing good things

Quote:
Originally Posted by 79CamaroDiva View Post
It started before I drove your car. I just have to look at it the wrong way and your car poops parts.
Mercerville MotorSports, LLC
Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2005, 11:43 PM   #14
skorpion317

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbrrmike
Quote:

last i checked the the lsx motors are still using pushrods, if you want to talk about ancient, and doing good things
the LSx motors are far more technologically advanced than the 3.8L V6. the design of that engine dates back to the '50s, if i'm not mistaken. just because an engine uses pushrods doesn't mean it's old.
skorpion317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 06:06 AM   #15
Batman
11 Second Club

Re: Motivation for V6 guys to go fast:

Quote:
Shirl's time (11.864 @ 113.82).
She have a 93-97 Camaro RS, supercharged with a shot? I think I raced her at Island when she ran that time. She beat me too. We split 50/50 for runs that day, it was frigid and windy. Pretty cool car though. Our last race of the day I beat her by .002, closest race I've ever run. I have it on video, not a good day for racing. She ran between high 11's and mid 12's all day and Iwas all over the chart. (best was 12.0 worst was 20.75 ). We were all embarrased by Mikey though as he ripped off consecytive 9.7X's in the crappy weather, wish I had that kind of cash.
Chasing 10's
469RWH/437RWTQ
11.05 @ 123
Batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 08:52 AM   #16
12secondv6
Token v6 Guy

Batman, please find the video of you vs her.....

Can you post it?

8 days....
Old 07-01-2005, 03:19 PM   #17
Batman
11 Second Club

I have it on my PC but nowhere to post it and it is a BIG file (12.MB from 1 angle, 21 MB from another). I also don't have any conversion software to shrink it . If you want it mailed to you I can burn itonto a CD. Also the only one I have on tape was when we ran neck and neck to the line, I don't have her 11 but I can vouch she did it.
Chasing 10's
469RWH/437RWTQ
11.05 @ 123
Old 07-01-2005, 06:29 PM   #18
Tru2Chevy
Co-Founder / Site Admin

Social Networks:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman
I have it on my PC but nowhere to post it and it is a BIG file (12.MB from 1 angle, 21 MB from another). I also don't have any conversion software to shrink it . If you want it mailed to you I can burn itonto a CD. Also the only one I have on tape was when we ran neck and neck to the line, I don't have her 11 but I can vouch she did it.
Do you have a gmail account? If so, e-mail it to me at Tru2Chevy@gmail.com

If you don't have one, I'll send you an invite. Easy to join, and you can e-mail large attachments. I'll host the videos for all to see.

- Justin

Old 07-01-2005, 06:31 PM   #19
NJSPEEDER
NJFBOA Co-Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little G
Quote:

later
tim
Who stole Tim's signon? Did he just suggest more tire?
i blame you. yer the one drag racing with a damn stick shift!!!! :P lol

later
tim

Old 07-01-2005, 08:05 PM   #20
Batman
11 Second Club

Quote:

Do you have a gmail account? If so, e-mail it to me at Tru2Chevy@gmail.com

If you don't have one, I'll send you an invite. Easy to join, and you can e-mail large attachments. I'll host the videos for all to see.

- Justin
send it to me and I'll get it out to you.
Chasing 10's
469RWH/437RWTQ
11.05 @ 123
Old 07-01-2005, 10:51 PM   #21
Fasterthanyou

Quote:
Originally Posted by foff667
Quote:
Quote:

i have to admit its a little more complicated then how jon puts it...because of the maf being the TB as well it compicates things...ive seen people maxing out their maf with like 7psi of boost and having to do all kinda weird **** to get it to run right...dont get me wrong i think there is alot of untapped potential but few have had good luck with turbo setups for sure and just as many with nitrous...SD tuning the stock computer is a complete pita with the programming that is out there...its possible but just a pita. And again for $100 who wants to risk their motor?
The internals might not be as strong as the GN but the MAF in TB isn't a problem. Unplug it, install LSx MAF (preferably the f-body or vette version) and update the tables using HPTuners. Wow, what a hard thing to do . There's your fuel corrections if you run turbo. HPTuners and take out a little timing to stay safe, badda bing badda boom.
So what IS the difference between the LC2 and the L36? Seem more alike than not. The block might not be as strong..
\"If you can leave black marks on a straight from the time you exit a corner till the time you brake for the next turn.......Then, you have enough horsepower\" - Mark Donohue
Fasterthanyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2005, 06:10 AM   #22
Batman
11 Second Club

Quote:
V6 f-body crowd = crap
I know a few 10 sec 1989 V6's.......
Chasing 10's
469RWH/437RWTQ
11.05 @ 123
Old 07-02-2005, 02:22 PM   #23
Ian
Banned Camp Director Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman
Quote:
V6 f-body crowd = crap
I know a few 10 sec 1989 V6's.......
Yeah, but we all know that their in a league of their own. those 89 V6's were running LS1 times back then and still are, they are a little more serious than whats around today.
Ian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2005, 06:16 AM   #24
Batman
11 Second Club

It helps the weigh som e500 poundsless then an LS1 car also, not sure with all the plastic and aluminum where they got so heavy but the curb weight onmy T/A is 496 pounds more then my Formula.
Chasing 10's
469RWH/437RWTQ
11.05 @ 123
Old 07-03-2005, 10:53 AM   #25
bokey

Quote:
Just because that aesthetics are done first, doesn't mean that they aren't part of the REAL V6 F-body crowd. The first thing I got done was a paint job. That was because my grandma wanted me to get it done, and pay for it 8). Now that I have a little more money, I'm working on getting the engine. I do agree though with everybody, the V6's do have a lot of potential. You see some of the four bangers coming out 200 HP stock; just think what you can do with a 6
bokey is offline   Reply With Quote

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge