Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > Appearance

Notices

View Poll Results: What Color Scheme?
No stripes Tint it and go 18 78.26%
Stripes with matching wheels 4 17.39%
Other 1 4.35%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-14-2008, 07:24 AM   #1
Rich189
NJFBOA Supporting Sponsor

Need Some Help

Alright well project rust bucket is coming along quite nicely i have it running great the interior is almost ready to be put back together (will be finishing that today and tommarow) after that it will finally be on the road even though it looks like crap.

Next comes the part i need the help with i am deciding what to do for paint. I will be painting it with a single stage Acrylic Urethane in the stock or near stock color. I am not using a base clear as the car will be taken apart put back together etc. over the next 2 years and when the motor tranny etc is finished i will then decide whether to scuff and reshoot the car with a base clear or have paul and jack do a complete custom job and possibly a color change.

But for the next 2-3 years i would like the car to look good not really a show stopper or anything but something nice and simple that looks excellent from 5 ft away so below are some pictures of other peoples cars I just need your help deciding what kind of stripes wheels etc. Remember this is a budget appearance thing over the next couple years the car will pretty much become a full out drag car that i can take to cruises etc. with a th350 s60 and a built nitrous 383 etc.

Anyway this is about what it will look like after paint - being lowered and the wheels...

Now the options are leave it as is put some nice chrome or polished wheels on it tint the tails and windows lower it an inch and go as is.... or do stripes similar to this in a gun metal gray with color matching z06 or zr1 wheels

Sorry for the long read but thanks for the input if anyone feels like photoshopping any of the images or any other ideas you may have for budget wheels different stripes etc let me know.

2002 Trans am ws6.. black on black bolt ons with a JS built trans, 3200 stall,TTM's w/315's, full umi adj rear suspension, strano springs/sways, and koni 4/4's

2015 Forester XT touring... STI Sway bars
Rich189 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 08:13 AM   #2
LTb1ow
Mongo the Meet Coordinator

How about a blacked out car? Tinted windows, black paint, black rims, etc..
LTb1ow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 12:38 PM   #3
Rich189

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shownomercy View Post
How about a blacked out car? Tinted windows, black paint, black rims, etc..
My ta is already pretty much blacked out... i need to keep the color similar for now so that i dont have to do the engine bay etc. when the motor is finished i will think about a color change this is just something to make it look good for the next couple years

2002 Trans am ws6.. black on black bolt ons with a JS built trans, 3200 stall,TTM's w/315's, full umi adj rear suspension, strano springs/sways, and koni 4/4's

Old 07-14-2008, 12:58 PM   #4
Mike
BadMod

no stripessss

Quote:
Originally Posted by 79CamaroDiva View Post
It started before I drove your car. I just have to look at it the wrong way and your car poops parts.
Mercerville MotorSports, LLC
Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 01:11 PM   #5
sweetbmxrider
Meet Coordinator

they both look good but i'm not a huge fan of stripes
Old 07-14-2008, 02:21 PM   #6
Knipps

both look good but i'd do without the stripes and please, no more z06's lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonzoHansen View Post
dumbass.
Knipps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 03:56 PM   #7
ar0ck
Resident Camera Guy

Social Networks:

Def don't go for Z06's. I say go for 18" Chrome ZR1's, lowered, solid color (or if you really need something to break it up, painted stripe on the cowl hood) tinted windows, and smoked lighting would look very good with that color.
Old 07-14-2008, 04:30 PM   #8
Tru2Chevy
Co-Founder / Site Admin

Social Networks:

Bah, just get some prostars to rock all the time. You said it's a drag car....don't both with other wheels.

- Justin

Tru2Chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 06:10 PM   #9
Rich189

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tru2Chevy View Post
Bah, just get some prostars to rock all the time. You said it's a drag car....don't both with other wheels.

- Justin
Its got awhile before the motor is done for now im just going to finish up bolt ons and a 100 shot and upgrade whatever i break first (rear or tranny)... so im probably going to go with street wheels in chrome or black chrome (easy to clean since for now it will be outside under a cover at least until the spring) with some nitto dr's until im about to do the motor and im going to pick up some greg welds or bogarts.

Old 07-15-2008, 11:53 AM   #10
90FormulaWS6

if you really want some stripes ghost them, and i dont think ive seen ghost hockey stripes IIRC on a third gen
90FormulaWS6 is offline   Reply With Quote

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > Appearance