Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Classified Forums > Classifieds Forums > For Sale - Automotive Parts

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 06-17-2007, 06:31 PM   #1
damon_Z

'88 Oxford White Mustang GT with 151,000 miles for sale - SOLD

Relevant info:

1988 Oxford White Ford Mustang GT

I'm the third owner of this car. I bought it when it had 75,000 miles in January, 1999. According to the second owner who was a mechanic, the first owner was an old lady who drove the car for around 50,000 miles. Now, the car has around 150,000 miles. It passed New Jersey state inspection in January 2006. The relevant information about the car is the following:

- It has the AOD 4-speed transmission. However, the shifter position is 1 lower than the actual shifter engagement. For example, you need to engage the shifter on Drive to put the car in Overdrive. You need to engage the shifter on Overdrive to put the car in 1 and so on.
- It has the Ford 302 with no internal engine modifications.
- It's still a speed density car.
- The color is the original oxford white paint.
- It has a gray, cloth interior.
- This car was daily driven.

Current mofifications include the following:

- 225/55/VR16 Continental ContiExtreme tires mounted on 16 x 8 ROH ZS wheels--one tire does have a puncture that's been repaired and sealed. These tires were mounted when the car was at 121,213 miles so they have
around 30,000 miles on them. The wheels were installed at 91,254 miles.
- Kenny Brown Super Double Cross Subframe Connectors;
- Recall 95S28 (ignition switch replacement) was performed;
- The headlight switch was replaced;
- The factory plastic door handles were replaced with black, metal ones--a reinstallation is suggested since you have to pull up hard on the handles to open the doors;
- New body side moldings were installed;
- The power steering pump was replaced;
- Valve cover gaskets and the intake manifold gasket were replaced;
- KYB front struts and rear struts with the quad shocks were installed;
- Eibach springs were installed with an alignment performed;
- The starter was replaced twice;
- The pinion seal was replaced;
- The rear hatch was replaced since the original hatch was dented before the car was purchased;
- The rear hatch glass has 10% window tints;
- The passenger-side rear tail lamp lense was replaced;
- The door weather strips were replaced;
- The sound system includes a Panasonic single CD headunit, two Profile amps, a Pioneer amp, a Q-Logic dual 12" subwoofer box with JBL Grand Touring subwoofers, Blaupunkt tweeters, and Blaupunkt speakers all around;
- The ashtray door fix was performed with the ceramic lid painted to match the interior;
- A scuff plate was replaced;
- A rear speaker grille (LH) was replaced;
- The left and right hand plastic door handles were replaced with metal ones;
- The Ford nose emblem was replaced with a new one;
- The alternator was replaced twice. The current alternator is from PA Performance and is a 130-amp alternator.
- IAC valve was replaced;
- The rear axle bearings were replaced;
- The passenger side view mirror was replaced--the mirror has actually gotten loose and feels like it's about to fall off. Not to mention, a wasp's nest has been made between the mirror and the housing;
- BBK underdrive pulleys were installed;
- The front headlamps and parking lamps were replaced with a 6-piece headlamp kit;
- The door lock actuator for the passenger-side door was replaced;
- The battery tray, retainer plate bolt, and retainer plate were replaced;
- The EGR valve, the EGR Position sensor, the throttle position sensor, and thermostat were replaced;
- The factory steering wheel was replaced with a Grant GT steering wheel;
- The low coolant sensor was replaced;
- The foglamp lenses were replaced;
- The low note and high note horns were replaced;
- The heater core and the gas tank seal were replaced;
- A 190 LPH fuel pump was installed;
- A hatch striker was replaced;
- A new speedometer cable was installed;
- A pair of Dynomax Ultra-Flo 2.5" mufflers were installed with 2.25 inch pipes;
- The PCV valve was replaced;
- The IAC motor was replaced;
- The passenger-side window motor was replaced;
- The factory steering wheel was replaced with a Grant GT steering wheel--the Grant steering wheel squeeks when turning;
- The plugs, wires, cap, and fuel filter were last replaced at 145,000 miles;
- The last oil change with Mobil-1 full synthetic was done at 145,000 miles

NOTE: ALL PARTS INSTALLED WERE BRAND-NEW!

The car has not been driven since July 2006, because of an electrical problem that caused it to completely die on the highway. I'm assuming that it's either a bad fusible link and/or a bad distributor since they are the only replaceable electrical parts that haven't been replaced yet.

The car has been started periodically. The last time it was started was eight months ago, but the last attempt failed 7 months ago, because of a dead battery.

Here are the most recent pictures of the car:

Please note that the pictures above do a poor job of showing the car's actual condition. The car's factory, non-clear coat paint has aged significantly since then. There are now small areas of superficial rust and small areas where the paint has come off leaving only the primer visible. The car has not been washed for over 1 year and has been braving all of the weather elements without a car cover or garage. As a result, there are grass stains on the car from the summer lawn mowing; there are bird drops on the car; and a wasp's nest has been made in the passenger-side mirror. The ROH ZS wheels have become pitted probably from driving through road salt.

I formed a website for the car a long, long time ago and haven't updated it in years. The website is http://home.att.net/~five.o_ho_lover. You'll find much older pics of the car (when it was in its hey day) and more information as of May 2004.

My asking price is $1,000 or best offer. I have the title on hand. I have a relatively new Noah custom car cover and car cover bag for this car. I will include that in the price for free. The car's location is 10 miles west of Atlantic City, NJ. To reiterate, the car does not start, because of a dead battery. I strongly recommend that the buyer tows this car and diagnose and repair the electrical problem before driving it. I just purchased the AAA premium coverage so I can actually get this car flat-bedded, without charge, for up to 100 miles. Please PM me if you're interested.

2015 Deep Black Pearl DSG GTI. For My Wife.
2006 Quicksilver Metallic M6 GTO. Holden Hybrid.
2002 Sunset Orange Metallic A4 Z28. 1SC-Stripper.

Last edited by damon_Z; 11-25-2007 at 04:33 PM.
Old 11-25-2007, 04:33 PM   #2
damon_Z

updated

Old 12-02-2007, 10:53 AM   #3
bcgetfresh

pm sent..
Old 12-08-2007, 10:20 PM   #4
damon_Z

Sorry, guys, it's sold.

Closed Thread

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Classified Forums > Classifieds Forums > For Sale - Automotive Parts