Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Regional Forums > West Central Jersey

Notices

Old 09-07-2009, 04:58 PM   #1
unstable bob gable
American Road Warrior

Angry At least Wild Billy T came to visit me today...

RANT MODE.....Whatta day at the Auto Bone! Since we were about the only auto store open due to Auto Bone's Nazi policy of being open for full days on the holidays, we got hammered from piller to post. I got there at 7:45, and there were already people waiting to get in. And of course we were undermanned, so I was talking outa both sides of my mouth, was ringing up customers with my feet, and had a phone or 2 shoved up my azz. And for the first couple of hours all the calls were "Oh, you're open today?" Nah, I'm just a homeless guy who's squatting at Auto Zone and decided to answer the phone. And it only takes a few idiots to ruin the whole day, like those that can't understand that you don't have their parts in stock, and since it's a holiday everything is gonna be delayed an extra day. I had one clown drop a smelly leaf blower on the counter and ask for a spark plug for it, when he hadn't even removed the old one. He actually had the ballz to expect us to remove the dayum thing for him. Luckily one of my co-workers knew him and took care of the situation, 'cause I was ready to clothesline the guy. And I had one lady cop a 'tude with me because I wouldn't go outside in the middle of the rush and change a taillight bulb for her. Like it's my fault she got a ticket yesterday. And as a usual run of the day I changed out 5 sets of wipers for people, and not one of them offered me a tip. And the clincher was I actually stayed an extra hour to help out, and a guy got huffy with me when he saw me punch out and take off my Auto Bone shirt. He actually had the ballz to ask me if I'd look something up for him before I left. I just laughed at him and walked out.

The only good thing about the day was I drove the AMX in, and I got tons of attention and props. And Wild Billy T stopped by to say "hi," and I was able to take a minute to BS with him outside.

And people can say whatever they want about service at Auto Bone, but I work with a dayum good bunch of people, and they deserve a lot better than want Auto Bone gives 'em. They are def under paid and over worked. You think the f'n company would have some consideration for their employees and be closed on the holidays, or at least have shortened hours. They are scum bags for expecting people to work until after 8:00 PM on a holiday, when the rest of the f'n country is BBQing, hitting the beach, partying, etc. I only worked 8AM-1PM today, and I was ready to chew my leg off to get the f outa there. And on top of it I didn't even get time and a half or anything. I don't know how I'm surviving there...

1991 Dodge Spirit R/T: Gran'pa lookin' 150+ mph turbo rocket.

2013 Dodge Avenger RT: Wastelands cruiser.

2008 Crown Vic Police Interceptor: 'Nuff said!

THE ONLY THING THAT SUCKS WORSE THEN IMPORTS ARE RICED OUT IMPORTS!!!
unstable bob gable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 05:00 PM   #2
LTb1ow
Mongo the Meet Coordinator

People are stupid, having to work for them is never good. Sucks man.
LTb1ow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 05:16 PM   #3
sweetbmxrider
Meet Coordinator

wow, that was rough
Old 09-07-2009, 05:27 PM   #4
WildBillyT
Ayatollah of Rock N Rolla / Admin

Yeah, I had to grab a serpentine belt and thought I'd make the run to H-boro instead of Raritan since I heard Bob and the AMX would be there.

When I got there it was a damn madhouse. 7 or 8 customers running around and one guy who was bitching about some radiator issue for the better part of 15-20 minutes. It took a while for somebody to roll over and help me out but it was all good. Sucks I couldn't hang longer to BS but I had to get this all done early today.

AMX looks awesome, Bob!

Last edited by WildBillyT; 09-07-2009 at 05:30 PM.
WildBillyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 05:39 PM   #5
Draven94blackbird

Yeah I used to work at autozone so I know exactly what your talking about. glad I left and never looked back
Draven94blackbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 07:31 PM   #6
edpontiac91

I feel sorry for you to have to swallow all the bulls**t people throw at employees behind a counter. Having worked in management at SEARS (left several months ago) it seems like the entire day is doing nothing but dealing with customer complaints and having to kiss their ass and even if you know their wrong and disagree with them, then GOD FORBID you have to give them the dreaded SEARS CUSTOMER SERVICE 800 NUMBER. You finally started to learn it was easier to give them what they wanted in the store, because once they called in their problem, the home office told you to give it to them anyway. By the time you get home from dealing with this CRAP all day long, all you want to do is sit down and be left alone for about several hours until your blood pressure comes down. Then you realize you have to do it all OVER AGAIN the next day, and you start to HATE to put the key in the door and wait for the next bunch of LOONS to come in!!

1994 25th ANNIVERSARY TRANS AM GT -1
of ONLY 2,000 made/ Only 128 made with a HURST 6-Speed Manual and 91 with T-Tops and Compact Disc/ K & N Filtercharger/Magnaflow Performance Muffler/Air Foil- ORIGINAL MINT Arctic White Ultra Rare SURVIVOR. DAYTONA 500 PACE CAR Decal Kit!

SOLD: 1989 Turbo T/A in 1991 it ran 12:18@115 mph
edpontiac91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 08:50 PM   #7
unstable bob gable
American Road Warrior

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildBillyT View Post
Yeah, I had to grab a serpentine belt and thought I'd make the run to H-boro instead of Raritan since I heard Bob and the AMX would be there.

When I got there it was a damn madhouse. 7 or 8 customers running around and one guy who was bitching about some radiator issue for the better part of 15-20 minutes. It took a while for somebody to roll over and help me out but it was all good. Sucks I couldn't hang longer to BS but I had to get this all done early today.

AMX looks awesome, Bob!
Thanks, man. It was def good to see a smiling, friendly mug for a change.
BTW: my celly is 732.816.5445, in case you don't still have it. Always feel free to call me if ya need anything looked up or put aside.

Old 09-07-2009, 08:53 PM   #8
unstable bob gable
American Road Warrior

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by edpontiac91 View Post
I feel sorry for you to have to swallow all the bulls**t people throw at employees behind a counter. Having worked in management at SEARS (left several months ago) it seems like the entire day is doing nothing but dealing with customer complaints and having to kiss their ass and even if you know their wrong and disagree with them, then GOD FORBID you have to give them the dreaded SEARS CUSTOMER SERVICE 800 NUMBER. You finally started to learn it was easier to give them what they wanted in the store, because once they called in their problem, the home office told you to give it to them anyway. By the time you get home from dealing with this CRAP all day long, all you want to do is sit down and be left alone for about several hours until your blood pressure comes down. Then you realize you have to do it all OVER AGAIN the next day, and you start to HATE to put the key in the door and wait for the next bunch of LOONS to come in!!
You nailed it straight up, broh! I've been in the parts biz for over 20 years, but only as a part timer. I'm border line nutz just from doing it 15-20 hrs a week.

Old 09-07-2009, 08:53 PM   #9
bubba428

welcome to parts sales, from a man who did his time behind the counter, I feel your rage. just be glad you don't have 30-40 dirka dirka bastards that come in talkin all dirka dirka, tryin to get an alternator
bubba428 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 08:57 PM   #10
unstable bob gable
American Road Warrior

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubba428 View Post
welcome to parts sales, from a man who did his time behind the counter, I feel your rage. just be glad you don't have 30-40 dirka dirka bastards that come in talkin all dirka dirka, tryin to get an alternator
Ali Baba and his 40 thieves came in today for brake pads, but I din't have to deal with 'em.

Old 09-07-2009, 08:59 PM   #11
bubba428

we used to have this guy at the absecon advance auto that would come in and only say, "I mechanic, I have house, you give me deal" wouldn't tell me what part just "I mechanic" in a kinda down syndrome dirka dirka kinda way. Blacdout96 knows who I mean.

Last edited by bubba428; 09-07-2009 at 09:00 PM.
bubba428 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 09:12 PM   #12
unstable bob gable
American Road Warrior

Angry

Heh, I just got a call from my mgr. from Da Bone. I thought he was calling me to tell me I'm cooked for my 'tude [lol], but he wanted to know if I can fill in tomorrow morning. Turns out he fired a guy today, and now they need somebody to help open. I wish I could help, but I have a drs appointment. Plus I'm already working an extra day this week. This pt time job has more drama than a bus load of teenage girls...

Old 09-09-2009, 09:35 PM   #13
lt14mla

UGB, I didn't know you were working there now, just thought u were doing the roofing there or something (i remember seeing a thread awhile back). Anyway, I suppose I never see you because you work in the mornings right? Good luck, I know when i walk in there, I usually hear some clueless idiot arguing with one of the store people haha.

However, I do have a pretty recent gripe with the Bone. I walked in to rent a torque wrench and asked if it was calibrated correctly or recently and a young employee said "man I wouldn't use that, who knows when the last time it was calibrated." Then the manager proceeded to tell me it would be fine and not to worry about it. I then returned it because it because it started at 25 ft/lbs and I needed something smaller too. The young guy proceeded to tell me that it would be fine as long as I hand tightened. If i wanted to hand tighten it and guess, I wouldn't be there asking for the f%kcing torque wrench. Needless to say, I bought one from lowes the other day. new tools ftw!!!

The bone does have some good people though, I've had a number of friends work there who are very knowledgeable and patient, but they do hire some incompetent people as well. Incompetence goes both ways...Good luck dealing with it from the employee and customer side lol

A factory freak with a few goodies...but more to come

MUST SELL ASAPhttp://www.ls1tech.com/forums/vehicl...l#post14241783

Last edited by lt14mla; 09-09-2009 at 09:38 PM.
lt14mla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 09:45 PM   #14
BigAls87Z28

Holy **** man, I cant belive you got hit that hard?!?! We were DEAD! Well, we had like 250 customers, which is high, but sales numbers were off. I did a good thing and sent all my drivers home that were schedualed. I handed the two Sears accounts and the Goodyear which was open, the only shops opened.
We talked about cars non stop for the 8 hrs I was there.
Old 09-10-2009, 12:21 AM   #15
unstable bob gable
American Road Warrior

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by lt14mla View Post
UGB, I didn't know you were working there now, just thought u were doing the roofing there or something (i remember seeing a thread awhile back). Anyway, I suppose I never see you because you work in the mornings right? Good luck, I know when i walk in there, I usually hear some clueless idiot arguing with one of the store people haha.

However, I do have a pretty recent gripe with the Bone. I walked in to rent a torque wrench and asked if it was calibrated correctly or recently and a young employee said "man I wouldn't use that, who knows when the last time it was calibrated." Then the manager proceeded to tell me it would be fine and not to worry about it. I then returned it because it because it started at 25 ft/lbs and I needed something smaller too. The young guy proceeded to tell me that it would be fine as long as I hand tightened. If i wanted to hand tighten it and guess, I wouldn't be there asking for the f%kcing torque wrench. Needless to say, I bought one from lowes the other day. new tools ftw!!!

The bone does have some good people though, I've had a number of friends work there who are very knowledgeable and patient, but they do hire some incompetent people as well. Incompetence goes both ways...Good luck dealing with it from the employee and customer side lol
I'm there in the am and on Sundays. Stop in and say "hi" if yer in the area.

Old 09-10-2009, 12:23 AM   #16
unstable bob gable
American Road Warrior

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAls87Z28 View Post
Holy **** man, I cant belive you got hit that hard?!?! We were DEAD! Well, we had like 250 customers, which is high, but sales numbers were off. I did a good thing and sent all my drivers home that were schedualed. I handed the two Sears accounts and the Goodyear which was open, the only shops opened.
Yup, I left at one, and my mgr said they were busy right until the end. Plus a guy got fired, so they were short handed for a good while. Drama-o-rama!

Old 09-19-2009, 11:29 AM   #17
Blacdout96

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubba428 View Post
we used to have this guy at the absecon advance auto that would come in and only say, "I mechanic, I have house, you give me deal" wouldn't tell me what part just "I mechanic" in a kinda down syndrome dirka dirka kinda way. Blacdout96 knows who I mean.
Yea, many of times, and I love how they try to brater with you as well, dude this isnt a flea market, the prices are set.
I now work in manahawkin now, and instead of spanish and indian people, I get alot of guido's ( especially around the summer) and just straight up ********. Im the nicest guy workign here, but I've had to stick my foot in a couple of asses before.

Quote:
Probably cause everyone coming in bought just a light bulb thats like 2.50, or really stupid **** that kills your C/A and sale numbers. this place closes for all national holidays which Rocks!! not like Advance where I worked every holiday excluding Thanks Giving, and Christmas, which are the only two days a year they are closed, other then that, when you walked in there, you had a 99% chance of seeign me there.

Oh and my favorite new thing is when you tell someone you wont have it in till xxx day, and they ask "oh so you don't have it?" I just want to say," Oh I do, but I just feel like ordering you one instead of giving you the one in stock".

Quote:
Uh yeah, after they surprized buttsecks us at Pearl Harbor?
Blacdout96 is offline   Reply With Quote

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Regional Forums > West Central Jersey