Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge

Notices

Old 01-17-2007, 04:50 PM   #51
NJSPEEDER
NJFBOA Co-Founder

there are a few things at play here that bother me personally, #1 until scott took the time to create a thread in the suport forum and make a few suggestions about the general language use and some of the content, no one had a word to say. shortly after the thread was created we had some serious discussions amongst the admins/mods and several members about reasonable solutions. in hte mean time, al of a sudden, a bandwagon of how much we suck started to form. where were all these opinions before bonzo made his suggestions?
#2 the needed changes to the forums cal for a new user agreement, something that i can not in all fairness hold people to if it is not something they specifcally ageed to. it has taken some time, but the software upgrade required to impliment and have evryone agree to the new user agreement has been found and will be instaled as soon as justin is home from vaca.
#3 i am catching crap from both ends on this and sometimes it is from the same people talking about both sides. everyone needs to understand that we do this for fun, not as a job. we do what we can when we are not at work or other obligations. if someon cares to donate enough money for me to live off of for the rest of my life(i am old so it would only take a few million) i will hapily do nothing but watch and make improvements to the club, site, and events ful time.

all i can ask everyone to do is to contact one of the mods or admins if you have a concern. we honestly do take the time to address every issue and will always make our best efforts to come up with solutions that will be in the best interest of the club.

New Jersey F-Body Owners Association
NJSPEEDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 04:52 PM   #52
Knipps

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJSPEEDER View Post
there are a few things at play here that bother me personally, #1 until scott took the time to create a thread in the suport forum and make a few suggestions about the general language use and some of the content, no one had a word to say. shortly after the thread was created we had some serious discussions amongst the admins/mods and several members about reasonable solutions. in hte mean time, al of a sudden, a bandwagon of how much we suck started to form. where were all these opinions before bonzo made his suggestions?
#2 the needed changes to the forums cal for a new user agreement, something that i can not in all fairness hold people to if it is not something they specifcally ageed to. it has taken some time, but the software upgrade required to impliment and have evryone agree to the new user agreement has been found and will be instaled as soon as justin is home from vaca.
#3 i am catching crap from both ends on this and sometimes it is from the same people talking about both sides. everyone needs to understand that we do this for fun, not as a job. we do what we can when we are not at work or other obligations. if someon cares to donate enough money for me to live off of for the rest of my life(i am old so it would only take a few million) i will hapily do nothing but watch and make improvements to the club, site, and events ful time.

all i can ask everyone to do is to contact one of the mods or admins if you have a concern. we honestly do take the time to address every issue and will always make our best efforts to come up with solutions that will be in the best interest of the club.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonzoHansen View Post
dumbass.
Knipps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 05:19 PM   #53
NJSPEEDER
NJFBOA Co-Founder

DieselKickYoAss4Sure, Ian deserves a lot of credit too. he is busier than i am and he is still taking time evryday to keep up with the forums and help out.

New Jersey F-Body Owners Association
NJSPEEDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 05:29 PM   #54
JL8Jeff
Hippy Mod, Bergermeister Meisterberger, Moderator

The problem isn't the admins or mods, it's the user's who act the way they do. There are a lot of people who consantly jump on Wayfast no matter what he posts. There's no reason for it and the joke got old about a year ago. If people would act a little more mature and try to keep it clean/family oriented, then mods wouldn't have to waste so much time on it. Yeah, it's fine to post jokes and make some fun, but it's gone way too far and it's turning to trash. Think before you post, that's all. And go back and edit it if you re-read it and it sounds abusive. I would help out as a mod if I could, but I'm restricted during the day at work.

And go back and clean up some of your avitars guys.
Old 01-17-2007, 05:30 PM   #55
Knipps

Quote:
Originally Posted by JL8Jeff View Post

And go back and clean up some of your avitars guys.
mine's got jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonzoHansen View Post
dumbass.
Knipps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 05:32 PM   #56
Tsar
MIR

you can just say that you dont like me, stop beating around the bush.
Tsar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 06:00 PM   #57
DieselKickYoAss4Sure

Ian you da man as well for keeping up with all our rediculouse post! HEY my avatar isnt offensive!
1995 Pontiac bonneville daily
DieselKickYoAss4Sure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 07:15 PM   #58
Ian
Banned Camp Director Emeritus

thanks tim and phil, its not easy being a halfway decent moderator and still staying on everyones good side. Lately I've been catching a lot more flack about simply keeping the board in order, but I guess that comes with the territory

if you really want to argue with someone or have an internet pissing contest, use AIM. Its a lot faster and I will have less stuff to delete
Ian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 07:21 PM   #59
BonzoHansen
Admin.

Tim, I don't think anyone is blaming the admins/mod (i.e. You, Justin or Ian). Far from it. I for one know you guys can't be everywhere all the time, and I know there are changes in the wind, and I am sure I am not alone in this. That is exactly why I expect more out of the users.

Considering the type of organization, one where a lot of guys have met, or potentially will meet each other, it should not be that hard to be civil and PG-13. Therein lies the problem. There are users who can’t grasp the concept of civility, and much of the burden of any ‘bad vibes’ lay on their shoulders. And I am not going to single anyone out, because that is unnecessary and counterproductive. I’d like to think we are all adults (the high schoolers partially excluded) and can act with a certain level of public decorum. For the record, I don’t dislike anyone (I won’t speak for the others ), I just dislike disrespectful and childish behavior. It is a personal choice to become a member who contributes in a constructive manner.

I don't know why no one really brought this up before, maybe just membership growth and/or timing more than anything. But now that the discussion is in the open, maybe more people will continue speak up in a constructive manner. Based on my conversations with you guys, I believe the growth of the club is paramount to you, and I am sure not everyone may like the consequences of growth. Honestly, I started poking around to see if that growth & change was something I wanted to be a part of, and so far it is.

The looser the waistband, the deeper the quicksand. Or so I have read.

Feather-light suspension, Konis just couldn't hold. I'm so glad I took a look inside your showroom doors.

Hey everybody, it's good to have you on the Baba-too-da-ba-too-ba-ba-buh-doo-ga-ga-bop-a-dop
BonzoHansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 08:02 PM   #60
DieselKickYoAss4Sure

1995 Pontiac bonneville daily

Last edited by DieselKickYoAss4Sure; 01-17-2007 at 08:04 PM.
DieselKickYoAss4Sure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 08:30 PM   #61
BonzoHansen
Admin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselKickYoAss4Sure View Post

The looser the waistband, the deeper the quicksand. Or so I have read.

Feather-light suspension, Konis just couldn't hold. I'm so glad I took a look inside your showroom doors.

Hey everybody, it's good to have you on the Baba-too-da-ba-too-ba-ba-buh-doo-ga-ga-bop-a-dop
BonzoHansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 09:32 PM   #62
88BluBird

88BluBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 11:48 AM   #63
jimmyboy8301
12 Second Club

so we still didn't find out what tim's deal is.

2008 Chevy Silverado LTZ Vortec Max
Superlift/BMF/Toyo/EFI Live/K&N/Cherry Bomb/Pioneer/Alpine/Bose/and more
2001 Chevy Camaro SS SOM build #487 12.44 @ 107.92 *SOLD*

Last edited by jimmyboy8301; 01-18-2007 at 11:54 AM.
jimmyboy8301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 12:38 PM   #64
12secondv6
Token v6 Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselKickYoAss4Sure View Post
HEY my avatar isnt offensive!
Sniff sniff..... my feelings have been hurt by your avatar..... I love the environment.... and your dirty diesel truck makes bad black smoke that hurts it

J/K

People, this is life, get over it.
If you don't like it.... go away or ignore it
Old 01-18-2007, 04:36 PM   #65
firehawk1120

That's the problem james the site is meant for people who enjoy the same hobby to have fun. When some immature children run around calling other members names and making ignorant comments it makes the site no longer fun to visit.

If people would act like adults and stop acting like spoiled brats all would be fine.

Now shut up before I put you in a figure 4 leg lock.
firehawk1120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 07:04 PM   #66
jimmyboy8301
12 Second Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by firehawk1120 View Post
That's the problem james the site is meant for people who enjoy the same hobby to have fun. When some immature children run around calling other members names and making ignorant comments it makes the site no longer fun to visit.

If people would act like adults and stop acting like spoiled brats all would be fine.

Now shut up before I put you in a figure 4 leg lock.
^^ right lol

anyway, i agree but at the same time there are people here that manage to catch so many feelings they might as well buy a fishing net. there has to be a happy median. Many of the people that are pointing the finger are are to blame themselves whether they admit it or not, i'm not excluded obviousely.

2008 Chevy Silverado LTZ Vortec Max
Superlift/BMF/Toyo/EFI Live/K&N/Cherry Bomb/Pioneer/Alpine/Bose/and more
2001 Chevy Camaro SS SOM build #487 12.44 @ 107.92 *SOLD*
jimmyboy8301 is offline   Reply With Quote

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge