Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > Electrical and Wiring

Notices

Old 12-09-2008, 02:28 PM   #1
Saitin
Banned

power mirrors and locks

ok so my locks and mirrors no longer work is there a main fuse or circuit that controls both of these as I was rewiring my sterio wires and sparked 2 wires together and they no longer work (yes I forgot to disconnect the battery)
Saitin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 02:52 PM   #2
sweetbmxrider
Meet Coordinator

could be the rap (retained accessory power) module. does the stereo work? does it stay on if you turn the key off but don't open the doors? when i first got my car, the wires were jumped in the fuse panel and i had similar problems. do the windows work? all of these things work on the rap module.
Old 12-09-2008, 04:11 PM   #3
Saitin
Banned

the windows work they are slower then before the sterio itself I have been unable to see if it works as I have yet to keep the car running for more then a hour and remember to unlock it=(.
I blew out 1 fuse that I replaced it was the fuse the controled the inside lighting aswell,but started working again once I repalced the fuse I ahve checked all the fuses in the side panel and all are look good,I didn't know if there where some under the hood that could have blown that would be causing this kind of problem.
Old 12-09-2008, 04:48 PM   #4
sweetbmxrider
Meet Coordinator

um, there may be a fuse under the hood, i don't know for sure. but the rap module can blow out certain accessories. i would get a test light and check to see you have power on both sides of the fuses. then in front of and behind the switches for the locks and mirrors. isolate the problem, then repair!
Old 12-09-2008, 05:42 PM   #5
Saitin
Banned

I'll look into the rap and see if anything is going on with it,I was thinking of taking my multimeter to it lol wich looks like I'm going ot be doing any ways.
I'll post if I find anything.

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > Electrical and Wiring