Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > Engine / Power / Tuning

Notices

Old 01-28-2011, 04:16 PM   #1
doom

Need some help / opinions

I am kind of a lurker on here and don't post much. I have an 02 ss with a torquer 2, LT's ORY and LMII.

After the cam install the car became EXTREMELY LOUD. I like loud, but we're talking like, ear splitting. At the same time, my emissions inspection is coming up. Would it make sense to swap a catted Y and Magnaflow catback to quiet the car down and pass inspection, or should I buy a magnaflow muffler and high flow cats and weld them on to my current setup?

All opinions are helpful!
doom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 05:10 PM   #2
1QWIKBIRD
11 Second Club

You won't pass the visual without the cats and they may help quiet down the LMII to the point where its more reasonable. I'd get the cats installed and take it from there.

Chris

1999 Formula 6spd (The driver)
1997 2500 Ext. Cab Dodge 4x4 CTD 5spd (The Earth Mover)
1970 Nova 5spd (The toy)
1QWIKBIRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 02:44 PM   #3
doom

i'm going to give this a shot. Magnaflow High Flow cats, how are they? Is there a better high flow option.
doom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 10:53 PM   #4
DaSkinnyGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by doom View Post
i'm going to give this a shot. Magnaflow High Flow cats, how are they? Is there a better high flow option.
go for those if you wanted you could take the LMII muffler out and install a magnaflow bullet muffler in its place between the cats and the magnaflow bullet muffler you would be just fine.

Magnamouth setup

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_MmUoA7UME
2000 Pewter Trans am, M6, SLP Lid,LS6 intake,Kooks 1 7/8" Long tube header,Classic Chambered Powersticks, hurst,off road X-pipe, Strano springs & Koni's, Monster level 2 clutch, HPtuners wide band tuned and a homemade ram air box sealed off.

Last edited by DaSkinnyGuy; 02-01-2011 at 10:56 PM.
DaSkinnyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > Engine / Power / Tuning