Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > Engine / Power / Tuning

Notices

Old 09-13-2013, 08:28 PM   #1
EODMonkey

pcv question

out of curiosity is there any harm in using the ls1 (valve cover) pcv setup in conjunction with the ls6 (valley cover) setup? as in running the two together and into the pcv valve. in case you're going to ask why then: i was running the ls1 style but noticed i had an oil leak at the back of my engine, which right now i attributed to the valley cover gasket leaking, the engine only has about 3000 miles on it since the full rebuild so i found it odd it would fail so soon unless i had an excess of pressure building up there and forcing oil out. so i bought the ls6 valley cover installed it and since all it cost was a T fitting i ran the two together.

also i was thinking, i have a slightly modified sts turbo setup, i could use my switch valve that currently is on my fresh air in line and put it on my pcv line. when the switch opens under boost the pcv lines are redirected into my air filter.which should pull vacuum under boost... any thoughts.
EODMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 11:16 AM   #2
MyFirstZ

Social Networks:

You would be using that along with the ls6 valley or instead?

As long as it is switched only during acceleration I don't see why it wouldn't work
MyFirstZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 08:05 PM   #3
EODMonkey

i'm using the two (ls1 & ls6) together
EODMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > Engine / Power / Tuning