Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge

Notices

Old 10-11-2008, 12:35 PM   #51
Mike
BadMod

ive noticed at work that

a. it runs in the family, i cant tell you how many fathers and sons, and even grandfathers are all locked up together

or

b. how many people DON'T HAVE parents and grew up a product of the streets.

children that grow up in an environment where they can sit around on sundays and watch football, generally have a little better family situation than many of the people that end up where i work..

kids dont decide to break the law or kill people because some guy on the cowboys does it, thats the stupidest thing i have ever heard

Quote:
Originally Posted by 79CamaroDiva View Post
It started before I drove your car. I just have to look at it the wrong way and your car poops parts.
Mercerville MotorSports, LLC
Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 03:28 PM   #52
NJSPEEDER
NJFBOA Co-Founder

You are clearly missing the point. Negative examples lead to a notion in a child's mind that certain types of actions are acceptable or "not that bad". The limits being shown by people like PacMan Jones are well beyond what is acceptable in every day society and if allowed to continue, just reinforce the notion that all any kid needs to do is catch a football or hit a baseball and they can act however they want.

Negative examples create negative results. If a kid can't look up to dad or grandpa, maybe he will look up to Michael Jordan, a well educated, successful athlete, who became one heck of a business man on top of everything else. Unfortunately, with the barrage of images on Sportscenter and the news, more kids get a good view of the example set by guys like Pacman who have spent half the money they earned in their career on lawyers and paying off fines/lawsuits.

-Tim

New Jersey F-Body Owners Association
NJSPEEDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 12:43 PM   #53
Njgunslinger

Wade Phillips needs to be fired.. enuff said. He SUCCCKS!
Old 10-13-2008, 01:04 PM   #54
Frosty

Romo out for 4 weeks? I hope their back up can get Me-O the ball.
2018 Camaro 2SS Redline package, ESC Novi 1500 tuned by EFX, Might Mouse wild catch can, GM STB, smoked ZL1 3rd brake light, Xpel XR Black 35% tint all around, Street Scene front splitter, C7 Carbon ZL1 side skirts, Drake Muscle Car Wickerbill spoiler

2010 Infiniti G37x-Moonlight White w/Graphite interior. Stock...for now. Xpel XR Black tint(hey it's a mod lol)
Frosty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 03:06 PM   #55
NJSPEEDER
NJFBOA Co-Founder

PACMAN WILL BE GONE AT LEAST 4 GAMES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The NFL is doing a great job in accepting their position as the leaders of these potential role models. I don't agree with all of the language of the information released to this point, but I do agree with the suspension.

Adam Jones is an amazing athlete, hopefully he finally cause him to finally get his head together so he can get back to it.

Old 10-14-2008, 03:53 PM   #56
Tsar
MIR

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJSPEEDER View Post
You are clearly missing the point. Negative examples lead to a notion in a child's mind that certain types of actions are acceptable or "not that bad". The limits being shown by people like PacMan Jones are well beyond what is acceptable in every day society and if allowed to continue, just reinforce the notion that all any kid needs to do is catch a football or hit a baseball and they can act however they want.

Negative examples create negative results. If a kid can't look up to dad or grandpa, maybe he will look up to Michael Jordan, a well educated, successful athlete, who became one heck of a business man on top of everything else. Unfortunately, with the barrage of images on Sportscenter and the news, more kids get a good view of the example set by guys like Pacman who have spent half the money they earned in their career on lawyers and paying off fines/lawsuits.

-Tim
Or a kid/child can make their own decisions, as they should. Not everyone who grows up in a crappy neighborhood or is surrounded by scumbags becomes one.
Tsar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 08:05 PM   #57
Frosty

The 'boys got Roy Williams....I wonder how Me-O will react if he catches go down.

Then again with Homo out for 4 weeks they have no one to throw to their receivers.
2018 Camaro 2SS Redline package, ESC Novi 1500 tuned by EFX, Might Mouse wild catch can, GM STB, smoked ZL1 3rd brake light, Xpel XR Black 35% tint all around, Street Scene front splitter, C7 Carbon ZL1 side skirts, Drake Muscle Car Wickerbill spoiler

2010 Infiniti G37x-Moonlight White w/Graphite interior. Stock...for now. Xpel XR Black tint(hey it's a mod lol)
Frosty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 09:07 PM   #58
badzracing

The cowboys are f'd for at least a month or two, may get in to a hole they cant get out of.
badzracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 10:42 PM   #59
BigAls87Z28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsar View Post
Or a kid/child can make their own decisions, as they should. Not everyone who grows up in a crappy neighborhood or is surrounded by scumbags becomes one.
Normally, no. But thats an exception to the rule.
If everyone changed and turned out to better ones self coming from an adverse area, then eventually it would fix itself, no?
So it feeds into itself, and every once and a while out pops an anomaly.

In other news, the 40 year old Cowboy takes the reigns this weekend, with a new WR. Giants lost, Skins lost, Egirls won...Cowboys need to continue to move foward.

Last edited by BigAls87Z28; 10-14-2008 at 10:43 PM.
BigAls87Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 07:11 AM   #60
NJSPEEDER
NJFBOA Co-Founder

Jones suspended from the NFL indefinitely and released by da boys.

Me-O will be cry cry crying like Mike after car show voting. Or maybe the silent treatment is his new sad approach to things. lol I am sure they would throw the ball to him more if he ran out his patterns or stopped dropping most of what heads his way.

Old 10-15-2008, 07:13 AM   #61
NJSPEEDER
NJFBOA Co-Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsar View Post
If someone is bombarded with good example after good example, woudl they not tend to turn out good? The inverse is also true, if bombarded from childhood with a glorified thug life image of the world, a child will be much more likely to end up being a delinquent.

Free will is a wonderful thing, but the greater percentage of the time it isn't stronger than conditioning. It is a shame, but it is true.

-Tim

Old 10-15-2008, 09:31 AM   #62
badzracing

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJSPEEDER View Post
Jones suspended from the NFL indefinitely and released by da boys.

Me-O will be cry cry crying like Mike after car show voting. Or maybe the silent treatment is his new sad approach to things. lol I am sure they would throw the ball to him more if he ran out his patterns or stopped dropping most of what heads his way.
He didn't get released ( at least not what I've read or heard). He is still listed on the cowboys roster. I wish he'd get released from the NFL for good. I'm sick of this frigging guy still costing my Titans even after he's been gone. How come no one has shot him yet, ala the bunch of other NFL players that have been shot.
badzracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 09:40 AM   #63
NJSPEEDER
NJFBOA Co-Founder

Somebody coming in for first shift mentioned it when I was on my way out of work this morning. I don't see it on ESPN's site though. I hope they cut him loose.

I can't see Jerry Jones justifying the expense of a good, not great, player that has to be babysat 24/7 and still manages to get into trouble. The costs outweigh the benefits.

-Tim

Old 10-15-2008, 01:07 PM   #64
Njgunslinger

Welcome to DALLAS the soap opera..

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge