Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > Engine / Power / Tuning

Notices

Old 04-02-2007, 04:45 PM   #1
1QWIKBIRD
11 Second Club

tuning software....

How does the credit system work with hp tuners? Are the credits tied to the VIN? or to the make/model/engine type? Looking to buy the package with a friend for our own use but aren't sure how the credit systems works. Can the software be installed on multiple machines, since it seems like credits are how what dictates control of the software?

Any pro's or con's versus EFI Live?

With what local shops want for tuning it seems to be a better investment to just buy the software and have at it? In the short term I am sure there is a learning curve, but in the long run the payoff seems much greater?

Chris

1999 Formula 6spd (The driver)
1997 2500 Ext. Cab Dodge 4x4 CTD 5spd (The Earth Mover)
1970 Nova 5spd (The toy)
1QWIKBIRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 08:25 AM   #2
Tru2Chevy
Co-Founder / Site Admin

Social Networks:

I'm sure Bill will step in here soon and spell it all out, but my understanding is that the credits go towards make/model/engine/year. I don't believe anything with HP Tuners is VIN locked (at least it never used to be). And yes, you can install the software on different computers, but you only get one cable with your purchase, so you would still have to share that with your friend.

- Justin

Tru2Chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 11:19 PM   #3
foff667
Keyboard Tough Guy

http://mysite.verizon.net/whenn1//HPTvsV2.pdf

EFILive has little to nothing to over over & above hpt...hpt has far better pricing...far more support...Real Time tuning for no further out of pocket costs, we're now in the middle of beta for Ford products, etc.

just look at the credit system like tokens at a game arcade...you get 8 credits with your initial purchase to use at your leisure...pcm licenses are 2 credits, year/model licenses are 6 credits, 1 bar custom operating systems with real time tuning included are only 1 credit...and every type of license you trade in your "tokens" for are available for our upgrade credit system making unlimited or tunershop licenses even more affordable to the average user.

I talked to Kevin on the phone this morning a little bit about the software...the licenses are locked to the hardware so whomever holds the hardware has the power basically. But yes the software can be installed on several computers...I have it on my laptop & home computer currently.

Last edited by foff667; 04-04-2007 at 11:28 PM.
foff667 is offline   Reply With Quote

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > Engine / Power / Tuning