Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > Brake, Chassis and Suspension Tech

Notices

Old 05-03-2006, 07:01 PM   #1
camaro2you

big brake prob.!!!!!

well i can't win as some of you know i put jw's old rear in my car had problems with the brake setup i got and found out it was for a lt1 rear not a ls1 so i went out and coughed up the money for the ls1 style set, i figured hell might as well put a ls1 master cylinder on there. well got it all on went to blead the brakes fronts went perfect, the rears just spit out some air and little bit of fluid, went out got the vacum style bleader i broke the damn thign lol good thing it was rental, so i just had the air pressure style that hooks up to the master cylinder and that worked great fronts again went smoothly and the rears spit out some air at first then a couple more open and closes and bam its shooting out fluid. now for the big problem front brakes lock up and work great but the rears when i steep on the peddle nothing moves poped the caliper off and did it again and it didnt move a cm, so im thinking somethign is ****ed up with the fourth gen style master cylinder and what not that its not pushing hte rod enought or somehthing or i ****ed up the disk brake prop vavle some how, i need help and fast as i want to get this baby ont he road next week thanks in advance!!!!
camaro2you is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 08:07 PM   #2
BonzoHansen
Admin.

What prop valve are you running? Is there a reset button on the front?

The looser the waistband, the deeper the quicksand. Or so I have read.

Feather-light suspension, Konis just couldn't hold. I'm so glad I took a look inside your showroom doors.

Hey everybody, it's good to have you on the Baba-too-da-ba-too-ba-ba-buh-doo-ga-ga-bop-a-dop
BonzoHansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 08:18 PM   #3
camaro2you

i am running the newer style thirdgen one and it is supposidly the four way disk brake one, yes there is some sort of a black bolt or somethign like that on the front of the prop vavle.
Old 05-03-2006, 09:53 PM   #4
BonzoHansen
Admin.

Push it & rebleed.

The looser the waistband, the deeper the quicksand. Or so I have read.

Feather-light suspension, Konis just couldn't hold. I'm so glad I took a look inside your showroom doors.

Hey everybody, it's good to have you on the Baba-too-da-ba-too-ba-ba-buh-doo-ga-ga-bop-a-dop
BonzoHansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 11:08 PM   #5
JW

Damn that guy with that 02 rear end !

/smirk and just think we are doing my brakes at your house lol

JW
Old 05-04-2006, 12:44 AM   #6
bad64chevelle
I will beat you with a toaster!

I dunno this may be wrong but when I bleed brakes, I start from the Right Rear, then Left Rear, then Right Front, then Left Front. I doubt this has anything to do with it
Old 05-04-2006, 03:47 AM   #7
Tru2Chevy
Co-Founder / Site Admin

Social Networks:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad64chevelle
I dunno this may be wrong but when I bleed brakes, I start from the Right Rear, then Left Rear, then Right Front, then Left Front. I doubt this has anything to do with it
I don't know if that has anything to do with this issue, but that is always the best way to bleed F-Body brakes. Start with the wheel furthest away from the master, and then work your way closer.

- Justin

Tru2Chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 05:15 AM   #8
camaro2you

will do ill try the reset and then bleeding the brakes in that order today when i get home i will keep u guys updated and hopefully it will work.
Old 05-06-2006, 11:53 AM   #9
camaro2you

how do u go about reseting it? this is really starting to tick me off im thinking the prop. vavle i got is just ****ed up.
Old 05-07-2006, 08:52 AM   #10
johnjzjz

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro2you
how do u go about reseting it? this is really starting to tick me off im thinking the prop. vavle i got is just ****ed up.
re seting the prop valve can be done easy but only after you have some kind of brake pedel -- pumping the pedel at total loss with bleading ( while bleader is open ) fluid will pass the valve it is designed that way, but if system wont re center it self after the brakes are all blead out, what to do in all cases the fluid volumn will be great eather front or back almost all the time its the front crack the front bleader eather one and press slowly down at around 1/2 pedel on most it will kind of stop against the sliding valve and you can fell it start to give way under your foot stop lock bleader and pump brake a few times to center i hope i have explained it correct jz
johnjzjz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2006, 10:19 AM   #11
camaro2you

I will do that and i am also getting another vavle to be on the safe side.

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > Brake, Chassis and Suspension Tech