Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > Brake, Chassis and Suspension Tech

Notices

Old 06-21-2006, 01:33 PM   #1
camaro2you

Steering line fitting

Hey do any of you guys know what size fitting is on the pressure side of the power steering that goes into the back of the pump i need the size that would be on a pump for a 72z28 camaro. thats the only pump i could find to work with my pulley setup but my 86 line fitting does not go in the back so i have to make a custom setup for a 72 fitting at one end and a 86 steering box fitting at the other any help will be greatly appreciated. Also if anyone has a keyway pulley that they are looking to get rid of let me know. thanks in advance
camaro2you is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 02:23 PM   #2
BonzoHansen
Admin.

I really should know the answer, but I do not. Search at www.nastyz28.com

I think a 78-81 pump is the same physically, but with the same hose connections as the 3rd gens.

The looser the waistband, the deeper the quicksand. Or so I have read.

Feather-light suspension, Konis just couldn't hold. I'm so glad I took a look inside your showroom doors.

Hey everybody, it's good to have you on the Baba-too-da-ba-too-ba-ba-buh-doo-ga-ga-bop-a-dop

Last edited by BonzoHansen; 06-21-2006 at 02:26 PM.
BonzoHansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 04:17 PM   #3
V
Stalker

I am almost positive that on the 3rd gen, the fitting is the same as the tpi fuel rail fittings, which are available from Accel and Earls with 6-AN on the other end. but im not sure of thread size as of right now
V is offline   Reply With Quote

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > Brake, Chassis and Suspension Tech