Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Camaros, Firebirds and the People that own them > Member's Projects

Notices

Old 06-02-2012, 08:41 PM   #26
ted gerlach

well the only parts to come were the stainless braided brake hoses, and i had to remove the tds wonder bar the spohn sway bar hit it so i dug out the spohn bar form the garage and installed it,

got the stainles rear axle metal lines yesterday, just waiting for the pads and rotors,

still deciding on what to due wiht the exhaust, as well as under hood goodies,

Last edited by ted gerlach; 06-06-2012 at 06:18 AM.
ted gerlach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 08:08 PM   #27
ted gerlach

well i got the rotors but they forgot to ship the pads
also ordered, a spohn adjustable panhard bar and drop bar for the panhard bar from umi
Old 06-16-2012, 01:00 PM   #28
IROCZman15
10 Second Club / Meet Coordinator

sounds like it is coming along nice. good work

those wheels look just like a set i was going to buy for my car. real nice look to them on a 3rd gen

IROCZman15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 09:17 PM   #29
NHRABill

keeping an eye on this build love to see 3rd Gens being ressurected.
NHRABill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 05:19 AM   #30
ted gerlach

its alive again, runs moves and now stops, couple thing to button up, minor stuff, fix driver side air tube, due a tune up cap, rotor, wires and plugs, change trans and engine oils and filters, needs rad cap, install the serp belt,
heres what i need to do to finally get it on the road,
1, get the sub frames welded in,
2, double check and tighten all bolts,
3, get exhaust welded
4, put interior back in, remove rest of gray and install all of the black,
5, get alignment done
6, put new front (painted) spoiler on

start to injoy the car, and drive it to work
should be able to pull in off in the next 2 to 3 weeks,
Old 06-28-2012, 07:26 AM   #31
greenformula92

good to see it coming along

2018 Silverado 1500
greenformula92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 09:24 PM   #32
ted gerlach

as of today on trailer to be delivered to the bodyshop to have my misake fixed as well as new subframe connectors welded in, both styles,
Old 08-08-2012, 04:48 AM   #33
ted gerlach

update,
both style subframe connectors welded in, my opps fixed, going to pick car up today from the bodyshop after work, now its time to get to work,
need to make sure all bolts and rear is centered, install rear pads and rotors, parking brake cables, front pads and rotors, trans mount ,, picked up a poly one, figure out what exhaust i am going to use, replace y-pipe and left side exhaust manifold, make sure the fuel and brake lines are completly bolted down, i have new injectors but going to hold off on that for now, get an alighment. so i figure about 1 to 2 weeks should be able to put on road and drive it, maybe sooner,
Old 01-06-2013, 05:20 AM   #34
ted gerlach

now that i have done what i could due with the house since sandy its time to get back to work on this, i have gotten out more parts, decided to swap out the shocks and struts to bilstein's got some chrome c5 z06 wheels 17 front and 18 rear, also picked up a set of spohn adjustible front lower control arms, going to use the slp headers that got wet from the flood waters and sell the edelbrocks i have also going to install the muflex cat back, but first i need to scrap the shell of an impala ss and finish cutting up the 92 v-6 firebird that did not make it,

Last edited by ted gerlach; 01-06-2013 at 05:27 AM.
Old 01-08-2013, 11:26 PM   #35
IROCZman15
10 Second Club / Meet Coordinator

if you are swapping o some different rims....what are you planning to do with the older ones (the ones in the pics on page 1) or are they somehow trashed from the hurricaine?

IROCZman15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 04:57 AM   #36
ted gerlach

this camaro and the 24 foot inclosed trailer were at the storage spots i rent. the wheels were in the back of the trailer, along with other parts
Old 06-05-2013, 04:58 AM   #37
ted gerlach

well its been a long road but car is on hold sandy did way more than i ever could have expected, i have not touched the car since the flood got parts out then they came to due the front steps and found a whole lot of termite and carpenter ant damage it took me almost 2 months to fix all the damage that was found but now house is solid as a rock and this week the insulation has been installed, 70 sheets of sheet rock in garage and Thursday is the day for installation,
now back to car, lost more than i thought to flood water so as soon as i get alittle bit of time i am going to bring car home clean it out and take a good look at it see what what i still need to get and try to finish//or just get on road for the summer
i know i will need carpet and door panels they did not make it,
Old 06-05-2013, 01:15 PM   #38
B4C

I have some black door panels if you need em.
Old 06-05-2013, 05:43 PM   #39
ted gerlach

e-mail sent

Last edited by ted gerlach; 06-05-2013 at 05:43 PM.
Old 06-10-2013, 05:29 AM   #40
ted gerlach

got the hood i always wanted. back to collecting parts, want to at least have it drivable in the next month, i have 2 really close friends that are pushing me to located parts i need and not to sell it,
Old 06-26-2013, 04:46 AM   #41
ted gerlach

found the correct door panels, now its time to get the car drivable again, put fresh gas in and new battery she fired rite up, now off to daves to us the shop with lift and get headers and exhaust on, finish up some small stuff, get it to alignment shop and decide on what wheels will be on car,
Old 06-27-2013, 10:18 AM   #42
Paul Huryk

Ted,

You can always call us at CTW Motorsports for a set of wheels...
Old 06-30-2013, 06:48 AM   #43
ted gerlach

i have 2 sets of wheels i like,,, chrome Z06 and the bonspeeds, just not sure what wheels i should put on it,, think it might get the Z06 wheels today
Old 07-08-2013, 06:32 AM   #44
ted gerlach

Z06 wheels are on and look awesome, so they are staying for now.... car has been transported to a shop to have the edelberock headers installed as well as the borla cat back, need to get a radiator its leaking [ since i got the car ] going to due griffin or be-cool not sure witch one yet, also going to have slp runners and plenum i have set out and powder coated crome like should look nice with the black vette valve covers, even if its only a 305,
Old 03-03-2014, 04:59 AM   #45
ted gerlach

just an update,
thanks to dave's help. he got the headers on y-pipe in, roller rockers on , gm performance valve covers on, a set of bilstin shocks and struts in , ac delco plugs, taylor wires msd cap rotor and coil all on and done, just needs to put borla under it, then its off to exhaust shot to due the custom work i want done.
car runs pretty well for a 305 just for ha ha's i might throw the set of slp runners and ported plenum on,
still need to do front and rear rotors and pads, install griffen rad and blue goodyear hoses i have for the car, just need to order a edelbrock water pump and possibly a heater core to just do the complete coolant system over,
this is the plans i have
after dave's hopefully in the next 2 weeks depending on weather maybe more, off to exhaust shop, then to my work for and alignment, then straight to bodyshop for some work to be done, cant afford to get car painted but i can get the parts edged in and put on for now, this is what has to be done at bodyshop
i have a brand new gm lower front spoiler and bumper cover for it as well as an ss style hood now, rt fender has bondo in it i have a clan used one i am going to put on,
plans call for a complete paint job will try and work something out at bodyshop. hope to work there on the car on my day off during the summer so its going to look like hell for a bit, done car at least it will be getting done,
Old 03-10-2014, 01:05 AM   #46
89 Iroc-Z28

ted glad to see that the car is coming along, and glad to see it almost done to where you want it to be
Old 05-02-2014, 04:29 AM   #47
ted gerlach

car is home, worked on it a little bit, also my good friend mike helped out on it, new rad in, all good year hoses on it, got all new fan mounting bolts and shims, just need to make adapter for top of rad support to upper fan mount, mount fans, put custom wheels back on, fix a stripped out rear wheel stud, mount a single seat, then off to get exhaust welded and alignment done, thinking i might be able to have it ready to go on tuesday,
Old 05-23-2014, 04:58 AM   #48
ted gerlach

update, still need to play with the mounting of the fans, but my ss style hood, nos front bumper cover , nos front chin spoiler and clean used fender all at bodyshop to be painted blue, hope to have for the weekend but f not i will just keep working on the other 2 projects,

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Camaros, Firebirds and the People that own them > Member's Projects