Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge

Notices

Old 10-19-2004, 11:50 AM   #1
SpeakersGoBoom

Tattoo Idea

I'm considering a tattoo to profess my undying commitment to GM. Heres the idea, tell me what you think...
Its an arm band around my right arm, half way between the shoulder and elbow. In the center (side of arm) is the GM logo. in front of the gm logo going around the front of my arm is tire rubber. Just behind the GM logo is smoke (from the burning rubber) with a whole bunch of cars, brands, engines (ex. Trans Am, SS, 455, Buick, etc) from GM. And, the final touch...a ford logo being smoked (half visible, half lost in the smoke) Money is not an issue, as i dont plan on getting this anytime soon, but I wanna know what you guys think. If im the only one who thinks that would make a cool tattoo, say something. if the general response is "good tattoo," id consider getting it. I have a rough sketch which i will post as soon as I figure out how to do it. (im slow...and this computer sucks)
SpeakersGoBoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2004, 12:31 PM   #2
Untamed

I think you're friggin nuts. You want a mark on your body? Have Lexi give you a hickey.
Untamed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2004, 12:35 PM   #3
SpeakersGoBoom

We're running out of space to do that and after the last hickey I gave her, I'm not allowed to do that anymore.
Old 10-19-2004, 12:37 PM   #4
Tru2Chevy
Co-Founder / Site Admin

Social Networks:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeakersGoBoom
We're running out of space to do that and after the last hickey I gave her, I'm not allowed to do that anymore.
TMI :P

- Justin

Tru2Chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2004, 12:43 PM   #5
SpeakersGoBoom

whats TMI?
Old 10-19-2004, 12:44 PM   #6
Untamed

Too much Information
In other words, you and Lexi should have joined separately and not admitted your relationship.
Old 10-19-2004, 12:45 PM   #7
SpeakersGoBoom

oh. well, shed never do that. she loves telling everyone shes going out with me. She woulda said something the minute she joined...wait, she DID say something the minute she joined.
Old 10-19-2004, 12:47 PM   #8
Tru2Chevy
Co-Founder / Site Admin

Social Networks:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Untamed
Too much Information
In other words, you and Lexi should have joined separately and not admitted your relationship.
Well, I dont' mind the fact that they are dating....that's cool and all. Just try not to describe in detail what you are doing to each other - my earlier post was all in good fun.

My gf is a member of the board, and I think most people have figured that out by now. It's just that most of the jokes are inside jokes with the BD's (Basement Dwellers) so others take a while to catch on

- Justin

Old 10-19-2004, 01:28 PM   #9
Trans Am Chick

heh yea hes not allowed to give me hickeys nemore... nd the worst part is he asked b4 he left the last one nd i let him. newayz wats rong with tattoos... i have one.... AS 4 MY RESPONSE TO THE TATTOO IDEA! All i havta say is ur not the onli one who will see it EVERY DAY for the rest of ur life. nd this tattoo BETTER not take place over the tattoo ur supposed to be getting. you kno the one with all the names.. of important ppl in ur life?! u kno... the one that im getting tooo?! yea... well talk about this later apparently...

<3Alwayz
Lexi

I <3 my Trans Am!
Trans Am Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2004, 02:30 PM   #10
IROCZBeast
13 Second Club

Social Networks:

getting a GM tattoo has come across my mind a couple times like the chevy bow tie below my neck on my back but then i thought what if chevy went out of busniess and i had to drive a honda or ford ::cringes to the thought::, i'd feel kinda stupid...

i don't know my only advice is give it some seroius thought first, after all this thing is gonna be on your body for the rest of your life

here is an example my bro wanted a tattoo when he was 18 real bad but never got one because my parents threaten to kick him out of the house with just the clothes on his back (believe me they'd do it) now he is 25 and he just got a tattoo and it is a police sheld on his arm with a rose going across it and a halo above it with his best friends name and badge number (his best friend was a cop like him and died in a car accident) and my parents really like the tatoo cause its not something stupid its something thats meaning full

i don't know just think about it thats all i'm saying
1996 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 M6 -SOLD-
IROCZBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2004, 08:39 PM   #11
curt86iroc

personally, i dont see anything wrong with tattoos. im 21 and i have 3. got my first when i was 19 and my most recent one 3 weeks ago. 2 of them have extremely strong meanings to me that i am proud to wear on my body. the 3rd one is just plain cool.

ask ian 8)
Old 10-20-2004, 09:41 AM   #12
SpeakersGoBoom

Quote:
Originally Posted by IROCZBeast
getting a GM tattoo has come across my mind a couple times like the chevy bow tie below my neck on my back but then i thought what if chevy went out of busniess and i had to drive a honda or ford ::cringes to the thought::, i'd feel kinda stupid...
GM isnt gonna go out of buisness in our lifetime. They're the worlds largest Auto manufacturing company, and chevy is their best selling division. Olds went out of buisness because they really didnt adjust, selling only one SUV, only a few cars. As much as I dont want to admit it, I could honestly seeing pontiac going out of buisness soon...they're all cars. people want trucks now. But chevy...chevy has everything. Anyway, It woudnt be a chevy tattoo or pontiac...it;d be GM.
Old 10-20-2004, 09:44 AM   #13
Tru2Chevy
Co-Founder / Site Admin

Social Networks:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeakersGoBoom
As much as I dont want to admit it, I could honestly seeing pontiac going out of buisness soon...they're all cars. people want trucks now.
Nah....as long as they sell the GTO and GTP, they will be here forever

- Justin

Old 10-20-2004, 10:12 AM   #14
Untamed

Pontiac fulfills the performance market for GM. I don't see them going out of business anytime soon. Plus when you look around, notice just how many Grand Prix's are out there. Like everyone else, they jumped into the baby-boomer-retirement market and brought back the GTO. That shows they're willing to compete in good markets.

I say go for a pontiac symbol. Looks cooler than a simple GM.
Old 10-20-2004, 10:17 AM   #15
SpeakersGoBoom

Yea, i was going to do that originally, but in the smoke, i wanted to write all the GM greats (cars, brands, engines) like 442, Trans Am, Z/28, 396, SS, The Judge, Buick, LS1, etc.
Old 10-20-2004, 10:18 AM   #16
SpeakersGoBoom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Untamed
Pontiac fulfills the performance market for GM.
And the Vibe and Aztek are performance...how?
Old 10-20-2004, 12:02 PM   #17
Untamed

Everytime I see the name Aztec, I chuckle and shakes my head. I think someone on the design team got infatuated with all the military stealth stuff and wanted to design a car that looked just as angular.

When you watch Pontiac commercials, look at their sales mark - We build driving excitement. All of their commercials tout the performance aspect of their products and are aimed at daily drivers who want a little "excitement" in the daily commute in the form of a little more horsepower and handling. Not all of their products are considered high performance vehicles, however GM markets Pontiac products as high(er) performance.

Having said that, I will not defend the Aztec or Vibe. I still get a chuckle at seeing the occasional Aztec on the road.
Old 10-20-2004, 02:30 PM   #18
SpeakersGoBoom

They have a pretty short memory though (pontiac, that is) I went to the dealership once looking to get a wire harness for a 2000 Trans Am radio. The salesman (the first guy I talked to) wanted to sell me a pontiac. I told him I already had one, and pointed to my car. He squinted at it and said. "Wow. whats that?" Apparantly in two years time, they have gotten so wrapped up in their new GTO (The salesman had no clue why i refered to it as an HSV Coupe 4) Finally, I got so fed up with him, that I just walked away and went to the service department. They werent much better. They insisted that they didnt have it, that pontiac didnt make it anymore. I insisted that pontiac makes parts for cars going 10 years back. Finally we agreed that it existed, but he insisted that the price was 650 dollars. Personally, i like their cars (well, most of them cough:vibe,aztek:cough), but at least Cerami Pontiac, i dont trust them to know what theyre doing. Just my opinion.
Old 10-20-2004, 02:32 PM   #19
SpeakersGoBoom

Has anyone had any experience with Lou's Pontiac, i think its called. Never actually been there, but almost every old bird i see with the original paint has their tag on the back of it. My last firebird had it, this trans am has it...maybe they'd know a little more than Cerami.
Old 10-20-2004, 04:15 PM   #20
ar0ck
Resident Camera Guy

Social Networks:

IMO, this is the best Idea :

Old 10-20-2004, 07:01 PM   #21
HardcoreZ28

It's too busy......

In my opinion that is waaaay too much to have in a single tattoo going around your arm. It's going to look like a cluster**** I think, but maybe a sketch would change my mind??

And just an FYI I already have a Chevy tattoo on my shoulderblade. It's a blue bowtie over the top of a pair of pistons, all with flames coming off of it.

1989 IROC-Z Media Coverage:
Chevy High Performance - Readers Rides 4/03
GM High Tech Performance - Tech Article 3/06
Chevy Rumble - Tech & Feature Articles November 2006
Auto Restorer Magazine - Feature Article 5/11
SkinAndSteel.com
HardcoreZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2004, 12:21 AM   #22
Mike
BadMod

it seeems that you either are going to need one of three things to make it work...

a. a sleeve instead of just an armband....
b. a magnifing glass to read all those names in one armband.
c. a lifelong membership to the gym to make your arm big enough to fit it.

on a less smartass note, im getting the pontiac logo and firebird wings added to the tattoo i have on my back....whenever i stop being lazy that is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 79CamaroDiva View Post
It started before I drove your car. I just have to look at it the wrong way and your car poops parts.
Mercerville MotorSports, LLC
Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2004, 02:37 AM   #23
BigAls87Z28

The only way I would get a GM logo on my body is if I worked for GM.

The big reason why I dont have a tat is cause there is nothing that has happend to me to make me get one.
Old 10-21-2004, 09:39 AM   #24
Tru2Chevy
Co-Founder / Site Admin

Social Networks:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAls87Z28
The big reason why I dont have a tat is cause there is nothing that has happend to me to make me get one.
:read: He hasn't been drunk enough not to be afraid of the needle :P

- Justin

Old 10-21-2004, 10:35 AM   #25
Ian
Banned Camp Director Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tru2Chevy
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAls87Z28
:read: He hasn't been drunk enough not to be afraid of the needle :P

- Justin
OUCH!
Ian is offline   Reply With Quote

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge