Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > Transmission and Driveline

Notices

Old 05-06-2008, 11:34 PM   #1
madness410

would it be the synchros making this problem?

hey guys,
i have a little problem with my beater...i hope nobody cares im posting this on an f-body website but everyone here is good at diagnosing problems maybe i can get some good advice..

i have a 96 civic as a beater and its been slipping out of 2nd gear lately....ive asked around and some people say im going to have to rebuild the transmission...other people say its the synchros, and ive read a few people have had this problem and switched their transmission fluid to synthetic and its never happened again...i dont know.

but it slips mainly when i gun it from first to second...sometimes it slips when im just cruising...but other times shifting is perfectly fine, i could swear when i go uphill it happens more often, not sure if that would play a factor in anything. any advice or possible suggestions would be greatly appreciated...thanks guys

jon
madness410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 07:24 PM   #2
johnjzjz

yep the synchro or the slider is worn out - jz
johnjzjz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 12:55 PM   #3
aslowcamaroz28
Banned

yea it the synchros i work on honda all the time them singel trans are cheap under $400 the place to get them from is jdm engine depot in kerney if anything pm me for the num
aslowcamaroz28 is offline   Reply With Quote

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > Transmission and Driveline