Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > Engine / Power / Tuning

Notices

Old 09-10-2005, 04:54 PM   #1
jola

sound coming from compressor

it sounds like there is a bearing loose or something on the pulley attatched to the compressor on my car. its been there for a few weeks, but my performance hasn't been affected at all (or anything for that matter). originally i thought the sound was coming from my tensioner, but when i took off the serpentine belt, the tensioner was spinning freely with no rubbing sounds. when i spun the pulley on the compressor, it sounded like rubbing or a loose bearing. i don't know much about compressors. should i just grease it or something? i was going to, but all i had was white lithium grease, and that isn't supposed to be used on objects that get real hot, i think. can i just unbolt the compressor? or should i just leave it be since its not affecting performance?

95 3.4L Firebird
jola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2005, 08:02 PM   #2
camaro2you

i wouldnt leave it could seaze up and your gonna get a nice burnt belt!! I think you can buy a new bearing for that but im not shure, just go to a good autoparts store like napa or something, i personaly hate advance.
camaro2you is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2005, 09:10 PM   #3
JerzLT1

AC compressor? is it your daily driver? cause i would just remove it. but i havent had AC in my car for 2 years so im just used to it... and it would save weight
Old 09-10-2005, 09:24 PM   #4
jola

Quote:
Originally Posted by 86Formula
AC compressor? is it your daily driver? cause i would just remove it. but i havent had AC in my car for 2 years so im just used to it... and it would save weight
yea, its my daily driver. is it hard to remove it? personally, i never use the air unless someone else is with me and they want it on. the thing is, i don't think there's a problem with the actual compressor.

95 3.4L Firebird
jola is offline   Reply With Quote

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > Engine / Power / Tuning