Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > In Car Entertainment

Notices

Old 05-03-2007, 12:03 AM   #26
Knipps

Quote:
Originally Posted by camarokev View Post
interesting thread- I had been thinkin about gettin one of these- but have not taken the dive since I have the Ipod hookup that I have.... got like 35,000 plus songs at my fingertips from artists I like... and can control it from the headunit... still tho, it's tempting
what headunit do you have?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonzoHansen View Post
dumbass.
Knipps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 01:30 AM   #27
enRo
13 Second Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by camarokev View Post
interesting thread- I had been thinkin about gettin one of these- but have not taken the dive since I have the Ipod hookup that I have.... got like 35,000 plus songs at my fingertips from artists I like... and can control it from the headunit... still tho, it's tempting
You know, they have devices where you CAN control satellite radio with your head unit... derrrr lol
Old 05-03-2007, 01:52 AM   #28
Knipps

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDaddyKane View Post
You know, they have devices where you CAN control satellite radio with your head unit... derrrr lol
he's saying by being able to control the ipod through his head unit why bother w/ satt. radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonzoHansen View Post
dumbass.
Knipps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 11:58 AM   #29
SupermanX24

I used to sell both when I worked at Best Buy. I actually heard better compliments from Sirius than I did XM. And me being in that department all day long for 7 months, I found myself listening to a Sirius receiver rather than an XM. Really most of it is personal choice, and the main difference is sports and talk shows. And if you're going to hook it up to your car, you are definetly better off hard wiring it to your radio. The FM Transmitter is total crap.
Old 05-06-2007, 07:08 AM   #30
deadtrend1
11 second club / Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupermanX24 View Post
I used to sell both when I worked at Best Buy. I actually heard better compliments from Sirius than I did XM. And me being in that department all day long for 7 months, I found myself listening to a Sirius receiver rather than an XM. Really most of it is personal choice, and the main difference is sports and talk shows. And if you're going to hook it up to your car, you are definetly better off hard wiring it to your radio. The FM Transmitter is total crap.
I only use a fm modulator in my work truck since it has no tape deck, just straight radio

1996 Trans Am WS6 •Pacesetter Longtubes •Strange 12 Bolt •Spohn Suspension •11.152 @ 123.85
deadtrend1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 10:41 AM   #31
LS1Hawk

My Cobalt came with a 3 month trial of XM. Didn't think I would really need it because I hardly listen to regular radio. Turns out I subscribed, mainly for the 24 hour NYC traffic channel. Comes in very handy during my commute. But I'm also big into oldies, standards, classic rock, and punk. It's got stations for all of those. Plus hundreds of sports channels. So far I've had no problem with the signal.

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > In Car Entertainment