Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > In Car Entertainment

Notices

Old 06-18-2009, 11:45 AM   #1
EODMonkey

drop in double din

so i've been looking at a double din setup for my 02. yes people here say it cant be done, they're wrong. i have the site of a company that makes double din bezels for corvettes and camaros.. but thats besides the point. i was doing some looking cause i'm building up my system and found this http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...evrolet-.html# its supposed to be a gm drop in nav. all the right features and not a huge price. i'm probably gonna go with a computer with nav in mine instead but i was wondering if anyone has seen this seemingly off brand of a company. also anyone know mounting depths for the door and pillar speakers and will T/A door skins fit on a camaro.
EODMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 12:22 PM   #2
V
Stalker

ta door panels may fit your camaro, im not 100% sure, i know the outer edges should be the same, just not sure about the location of switches and mounting holes for the door pulls and so forth.

as for the no name brand. i priced out a Pioneer 7" touchscreen setup, dvd, all wiring, remotes, bluetooth, mounting etc (just no navi option, for my SKY for 750. and that was with everythign special to retain onstar and all. so i would almost go with a more well known brand , even though that unti does seem interesting, due to its intention for only GM vehicles, but it does say needs extra wiring to work with upgrade(bose/monsoon) sound systems.
Also, it doesnt feature cd changer controls, will not work with oem steering wheel controls, does not have satellite radio capability and no backup camera input... all stuff a pioneer unit comes with.

Last edited by V; 06-18-2009 at 12:30 PM.
V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 01:20 PM   #3
EODMonkey

i was originally looking at an avic z-3 but its cheaper to put in a full computer with touch screen,nav, dvd and everything else i want. the company seemed interesting for the price since it does have nav for a lower cost option for ppl. as a side i'm thinking of going with 4 10" slim mtx subs 2 in the stealth and possibly two on the rear deck, kicker 4x6 in the rear, kicker cvt 6.5 mids, and kicker dc6.5 up front. its in the works though.
Old 06-24-2009, 06:13 PM   #4
njcamarokid

Trans am door panels do fit with some work. The mounts on the center by the handles have to be fabricated. It looks real good when it's all done. I came across a guy on car domain that broke down the install awhile back.
njcamarokid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 08:20 PM   #5
SuperSweet

all your buying is a off brand 2din that already has a GM harness...Its not going to just bolt right in either.
Check this out and I think you'll re-think your plan of attack...muahahahah
http://www.galleongps.com/product_details.php?id=17

Might as well use this if your going to cut up the dashboard and all

-Jay-
COD-MW2=X02ssMaroX XBOX LIVE
02 SOMSS-M6-,Volant CAI,TR55's,UMI LCA'S and PHR, Longtubes & TD's w/ sweet thunder bullets 315-35/17's. 349rwhp/372rwtq
SuperSweet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 06:31 PM   #6
sweetbmxrider
Meet Coordinator

http://6litereaterdesigns.com/store/...roducts_id=100 dono if you need that
Old 06-26-2009, 10:36 AM   #7
V
Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetbmxrider View Post
YIKES @ that price.. But it does look nice... thankfully i did a radio delete in the SS finally, IF anything it'll get a basic single din pioneer down the line.
V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 09:16 PM   #8
EODMonkey

super sweet i think i've seen that before. the dask kit i was looking into is from http://www.doubledmods.com/main.sc then a quick stop to mp3car.com for the computer with nav
Old 06-29-2009, 02:49 PM   #9
SuperSweet

the first bezel on that page is the same as the one from 6litereaterdesigns.com and about $45 cheaper

-Jay-
COD-MW2=X02ssMaroX XBOX LIVE
02 SOMSS-M6-,Volant CAI,TR55's,UMI LCA'S and PHR, Longtubes & TD's w/ sweet thunder bullets 315-35/17's. 349rwhp/372rwtq
SuperSweet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 02:58 PM   #10
sweetbmxrider
Meet Coordinator

he likes to mark **** up....alot
Old 07-03-2009, 04:19 AM   #11
Ispooledurmom

Not really my taste but the double din does look nice

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > In Car Entertainment