Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge

Notices

Old 07-11-2008, 12:22 AM   #26
SteveR
I <3 sheep

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwikz28 View Post
all ring passes are made from a roll and from those two points. it was discussed before with the GTR pass and it will be discussed again now with the ZR1. no foul play from the general

what i did notice though was how hard he throws it into each corner. he even almost loses it on one turn. if you notice the GTR was careful not to touch any curbs. that tells me 3 things. 1. the zr1 has very good suspension tuning, not too stiff and forgiving enough to handle fast off ramps with rough road. 2. the gtr is the opposite. since the limit of the tires/suspension/awd setup is probably very thin, the car may be unpredictable which explains why the test driver himself didn't push the car too hard. 3. both cars are capable of better times i think.

not to turn this into a pissing match, but these cars are direct competitors so there is no reason to not use the other as the benchmark for the other
oh, I didnt know they did that with every test. Seems kinda silly though. A true test would be from a standing start, and using the start/finish line. They use that location because it cuts the lap time down a good 20 seconds. The real start/finish line is about 3/4 of the way down that long straight away.
'78 Big Wheel- 2FWFP
SteveR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 09:18 AM   #27
qwikz28
13 Second Club / Moderator

Social Networks:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveR View Post
oh, I didnt know they did that with every test. Seems kinda silly though. A true test would be from a standing start, and using the start/finish line. They use that location because it cuts the lap time down a good 20 seconds. The real start/finish line is about 3/4 of the way down that long straight away.
yeah, the only logical explanation i can think of is that they slow down for the pits because you see when the car is starting its not really going as fast as it can so maybe there is a mandated speed limit for that area. who knows. but yeah that seems to be the standard across the board. that car is fast though.
qwikz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 04:18 PM   #28
BigAls87Z28

http://www.autoblog.com/2008/07/11/v...t-r-ring-laps/

Overlapping Video of teh GTR vs ZR1 race. ZR1 is faster, but the GTR sure is under rated by a lot. Either that, or its a ringer.

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge