Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > General Tech

Notices

Old 03-09-2006, 02:44 PM   #1
Sphinx

State Morons

So my opti spark went bad. and having the small garage i have, it took me over a week just to get the damn harmonic balancer off. My father had to get a puller from work, that was the only way. So i got the MSD cap and rotor kit from jegs, for like $150. now note to get to that, you have to take the water pump off, the emissions dealy thing and the harmonic balancer as well. So i go through all this trouble, and like a month later i finally get it back on the road. LAST night actually. And it went out of inspection last month. So i ran it there glad i got my car back, and when i got there they pulled me in very fast, like 2 minutes, very rare for the south hampton rt 38 station. So i go in, and they check out my ride, being all jealous and ****. They tell me to leave, and they honk the horn, so forth. and then they pull it up on the dyno. Now they ran my car on that dyno for at least 15 god damn minutes. i dont know if the guy liked the way it ran, or just did not want to get out. I noticed 2 cars go through the other lane. Next thing i know, my car starts smoking. Overheated........ the ****er driving it did not want to stop until there was so much smoke in there everyone knew wat happened. Come to find out i forgot to hook my fans back up last night, and the run there was all air cooled, so when he was burning it up on the dyno the car radiator blew up. I gave them so much **** they told me to go wait in my car as it cooled down, they even threatened to call the cops b/c i was going to strangle that mother*****. now i am going to check my engine over to make sure he did not damage it, and if he did, they will hear from me again.

F THIS STATE!!!
89' Camaro RS 350
87' Pontiac Firebird Formula 350 TPI
93' Cavalier Z24! Daily Driver
Sphinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 04:00 PM   #2
Tru2Chevy
Co-Founder / Site Admin

Social Networks:

That sucks man, but did they know that you forgot to plug the fans back in? That might be a loophole for them to get out of paying for any damages....

- Justin

Tru2Chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 04:30 PM   #3
Oddball

Doesn't their dyno have a fan?

Oh, and the DMV employees are NOT state employees.

Daily Driver: 2011 Ford Expedition EL (4 very tall kids means suck it up for a while)
Crisis Car: 1986 Chevy Camaro IROC: 5.0L 4BBL Carb, 5-speed, T-tops, "Good afternoon officer how fast was I going" red.
Oddball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 06:12 PM   #4
camaro2you

make em pay for that ****!!!!
camaro2you is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 07:29 PM   #5
BonzoHansen
Admin.

Douche bags.

The looser the waistband, the deeper the quicksand. Or so I have read.

Feather-light suspension, Konis just couldn't hold. I'm so glad I took a look inside your showroom doors.

Hey everybody, it's good to have you on the Baba-too-da-ba-too-ba-ba-buh-doo-ga-ga-bop-a-dop
BonzoHansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 08:54 AM   #6
Sphinx

yea its got a fan, they have 2, but neither of them were turned on. I thought the DMV was state workers. Owell, they are just as stupid. It must be that he was jealous, and just wanted to ruin a young kids dream... got a new radiator today, costed $209. I will hand them the bill and let them figure it out.
89' Camaro RS 350
87' Pontiac Firebird Formula 350 TPI
93' Cavalier Z24! Daily Driver
Sphinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 06:08 PM   #7
89 Trans Am WS6

How do you figure that the people working for the DMV arnt state employees?

I know when they come down from the DMV to my shop to go through the paperwork and make sure stuff is being done properly the vans they come in have "state govt" on the plates..

Regardless im sure the DMV stations, like any shop with a Dyno has signs hanging clearly stating that that they are not responsible for damage to the vehicle while it is on the dyno..Granted, the idiot on the dyno should have stopped when he saw the temp gauge rising, but as far as giving the state the bill..i doubt its gonna do anything but be thrown in the trash..sorry dude
'14 Jeep Grand Cherokee Altitude (Wifey's Ride)
'89 Trans Am WS6 (Gone but not forgotten-SOLD)
'85 Camaro 6 Banger base model, never left the driveway, 1st car (SOLD)
Http://www.cardomain.com/id/red93ta
http://www.fquick.com/freebird
89 Trans Am WS6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 07:51 PM   #8
Oddball

Quote:
Originally Posted by 89 Trans Am WS6
How do you figure that the people working for the DMV arnt state employees?
I thought as part of the restructuring they "outsourced" many of the inspection work to a third company paid by the state. They are more like "state contractors" as opposed to "state workers" but I could be wrong.

Either way someone should lose their job for frying an engine when it was clearly in distress. Those dyno tests are manual so he could have stopped at any time and failed you for overheating. But I could have swore all dyno tests had to have a fan blowing.

Daily Driver: 2011 Ford Expedition EL (4 very tall kids means suck it up for a while)
Crisis Car: 1986 Chevy Camaro IROC: 5.0L 4BBL Carb, 5-speed, T-tops, "Good afternoon officer how fast was I going" red.
Oddball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 07:17 PM   #9
Savage_Messiah
2007 Member of the Year

All of the state inspection stations are staffed and ran by a company called Parsons.

The DMV is, in terms of management and employment, seperate.

Good luck, you may be able to get them to pay it but if it were me I would contact a lawyer to make sure

Kommandant
of the ACL (Anti Canadian League)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTb1ow View Post
Junk the pos, spend the money on beer, acquire headache.

Same result cept this headache doesnt last months.
Savage_Messiah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 02:53 PM   #10
bokey

There should be something done. The fans should always be blowing to avoid that issue. As for a sign being posted, I would go back and double check, thats where your loop hole could be. Good luck and keep us updated!
bokey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 03:50 PM   #11
foff667
Keyboard Tough Guy

its called the MVC now guys fwiw...motor vehicle commission...i have no clue if they are state or not but I get money from them for telephone charges so I assume they are in some way related to us
foff667 is offline   Reply With Quote

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > General Tech