Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > Electrical and Wiring

Notices

Old 06-28-2005, 11:11 AM   #1
IROCdan330
12 Second Club

Possible issues...

Jon...i called you earlier today...just incase you haven't checked your voicemail...

anyways, ive spoken with a few people about my current setup. One thing people said is to reset my fuel pressure with the car running, to make sure im at 42+. Supposedly, holley AFPR are different from the other AFPR in that when vacuum is attached to it, the pressure drops more than the standard 7 psi or so. I can take care of that.

I know my car is running lean...a question of how lean is on my mind, and after recent research, it shows that my 24# SVO injectors are in fact 24# ones rated at the standard 43.5 psi or whatever it is. Supposedly guys on TGO have run tests to see what theyre rated at. The injector constant on my current bin i believe is 26#. Now i'm starting to get the feeling that it should be 24.

I'm more worried about my heads. It gets really hot really quickly under the hood, my water temp is steady at about 160-170 but at the same time that isnt my combustion chamber temp and im worried with my lean condition that I'm gonna end up burning my valves. I remember when Jon was tuning my BLMs were around 140 instead of the right 128. When he threw more fuel at it, if i remember the car wouldnt start or wouldnt idle properly anymore. I think the injector constant could have something to do with it.

is the car safe to drive under these conditions? I'm really quite worried about it.

Jon will you be around anytime soon? i could make arrangements to come up. thanks.

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > Electrical and Wiring