Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > Electrical and Wiring

Notices

Old 09-02-2005, 01:30 PM   #1
camaro2you

f'in fuse

I just blew this fuse the for the third time, did it once two weeks ago and it just did it twice within an hour first time i had the radio on and this time i didnt have anything on. number on the fuse is 20 and this fuse controls the horn the interior lights and the radio, i have 330 watt speakers hooked up to the stock radio do you think that its drawing to much power and i should try puttin a higher number fuse in? thanks
camaro2you is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005, 05:20 PM   #2
Ian
Banned Camp Director Emeritus

I would put a big fuse in line of the speakers only. If you put a bigger (read higher amp rating) fuse in front of the head unit, you might fry it.
Ian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005, 05:49 PM   #3
PDubs87Z28

get rid of the stock head unit and throw in a CD player. I got the 50Wx4 Pioneer in my car w/ pioneer speakers all around and i like it.

87 Camaro Z28
09 Cobalt XFE
PDubs87Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005, 08:45 PM   #4
Savage_Messiah
2007 Member of the Year

f'in thread title copier

Kommandant
of the ACL (Anti Canadian League)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTb1ow View Post
Junk the pos, spend the money on beer, acquire headache.

Same result cept this headache doesnt last months.
Savage_Messiah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005, 09:09 PM   #5
camaro2you

i ruled out the raidio now it blows the damn fuse just my letting the car sit or opening the damn door so im thinkin is a short somewhere damn this i gonna bug the **** out of me.
Old 09-03-2005, 07:58 AM   #6
Tru2Chevy
Co-Founder / Site Admin

Social Networks:

Check the cigarette lighter - if anythingthing gets stuck in there it can blow that fuse easily. I went through 5 or 6 fuses trying to figure out where the short was right after I swapped in my headunit. Turns out one of the old screws that held the original head unit in fell into the cig. lighter, and everytime the car moved it would short the fuse....

- Justin

Tru2Chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2005, 09:02 AM   #7
camaro2you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tru2Chevy
Check the cigarette lighter - if anythingthing gets stuck in there it can blow that fuse easily. I went through 5 or 6 fuses trying to figure out where the short was right after I swapped in my headunit. Turns out one of the old screws that held the original head unit in fell into the cig. lighter, and everytime the car moved it would short the fuse....

- Justin

you might have something there cause my wire on my cig lighter fell off and i put it back on and then my cig lighter worked ill try just leaving the thing out.
Old 09-03-2005, 03:18 PM   #8
camaro2you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tru2Chevy

- Justin
man you the greatest that was what it was the lighter was pushed all of the way in so it was on constantly.

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > Electrical and Wiring