Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Event Forums > NJFBOA Events > East Coast F-Body Nationals > 2008 East Coast F-Body Nationals

Notices

Old 12-15-2007, 03:14 PM   #1
NJSPEEDER
NJFBOA Co-Founder

2008 East Coast F-Body Nationals - Car Show

We are proud to announce the 2008 East Coast F-Body Nationals Car Show classes and awards.

The Basics

*All voting for classes, special awards, and Best of Show will be by popular ballot. Every spectator and participant in show or racing through the gate will receive a ballot in their Year One Goodie Bag

*This show is for GM F-Bodied vehicles only. No other vehicles will be allowed to park in the show field area.

*Cost to enter the Car Show will be $25 (That covers the car and the driver - additional spectators are $15 / each)

Best Of Show

Best of Show voting will result in prizes for the top 3 selections. In addition, the winner will receive a free detail from Jersey Devil Detailing.

Car Show Classes

The primary classes will divided up by generation. Winners of each of the primary classes will receive an award.

Special Car Show Awards

There will also be the usual variety of special awards to be handed out at the Nats. As with other years, we are always looking at ways to expand the number of awards handed out and ways to encourage more people to come join in the fun.

The current list of awards looks like this:

• Best of Show
• Best Camaro
• Best Firebird
• Best 1st Generation
• Best 2nd Generation
• Best 3rd Generation
• Best 4th Generation
• Best 5th Generation (you bring one & we’ll trophy it)
• Best Engine/Engine Compartment
• Best Paint
• Best Wheels
• Best Engineered/Conversion
• Best Interior

More Planning to Come

There have been many lessons learned and suggestions made from previous years. We take every suggestion seriously and look forward to providing an improved event for everyone to enjoy.

As in previous years we look to you, those interested in participating, for ideas for increasing and improving the car show. If anyone has any suggestions for expanding the awards list, potential sponsors for prizes and awards, or creating a better atmosphere for the show, please get in touch with Tru2Chevy via email, PM, or IM.

Thank you all for your interest in the 2008 East Coast F-Body Nationals. We look forward to seeing everyone out there celebrating the NJFBOA's fourth birthday at Island Dragway.

Last edited by Tru2Chevy; 07-11-2008 at 09:10 AM.
Old 12-15-2007, 09:25 PM   #2
edpontiac91

Sounds great and looks awesome. The one HUGE FACTOR that would make it a pleasure for EVERYONE is the date. If they could fit you into September or October, or May/ June then the HEAT may not be a problem. There is no shade for the show field, and racing in that heat really takes a toll on your times. Also in the racing class, could they allow the cars that are running STREET TIRES, to NOT HAVE TO GO THRU THE WATER. It gets into the threads and can drip off onto the race surface. Getting a magazine article into something like GM High Performance Magazine will also improve the attendance. Look at the crowd that they get at Dayton, Ohio(Firebirds), but an article in Super Chevy will work for the Camaros. I think for the overall Best of Show, your could take the 1st place winner from each Gen, that's 4 from Firebird and 4 Camaro. You could then take 4 high ranking admin., and using a DETAILED judging sheet, pick the Best of the Best. One last item, getting the grass cut(a day or two before) will also allow for a nicer setting. This past year was parking in hay field. Just my
Old 12-15-2007, 09:44 PM   #3
NJSPEEDER
NJFBOA Co-Founder

All car show voting will continue to be by popular ballet. Limiting the voting to a few judges is a breeding ground for conflict. We have looked into it in the past and the issues quickly arose that guided us away from any awards being picked by one or a small group of people.

We are working on media coverage for the event. We have some contacts at magazines that are published in the area as well a few contacts from TV shows. We are going to do our best to get them out to see what the NJFBOA has to offer.

We will take your ideas into consideration as we work out the final details of the 2008 East Coast F-Body Nationals

New Jersey F-Body Owners Association
Old 12-18-2007, 07:45 AM   #4
Untamed

Not sure what "Best Pace Car" is. That's just for those few model years that had a Pace Car Edition?

I'll echo the cut grass statement, but thats more for the folks at Island.

Also reiterating the desire to have the cars backed in at an angle, allowing more of the front quarters to be seen.

The show field can easily support two long rows of cars, facing nose to nose, so that spectators can easily walk down then back along the line of cars. They're parked on a first come basis right? No grouping by gens?

The first car nearest the bridge may want to park a little further away from the road that goes over the bridge. Dunno if it has ever been a problem, however I imagined kids running out from behind that first car and getting hit by cars crossing the bridge who may not be able to see very well.

If I can attend the whole event this year, I'll bring a medium sized tent for some shade, a few chairs for folks to take a break on, and for a collection box for the votes if the admin-types would like.

Looking forward to this.
I USED TO HAVE an 85 Camaro 305 4bbl, 90 Firebird V6, 97 Firebird V6 (10 speakers!). Despite the two family vehicles, 3 kids, wife and mortgage, I can finally realize the dream - 88 TA almost all stock... for now.

http://www.cardomain.com/id/untameddave

Wanted this - , but ended up with this - for free. Can't argue with free.
Old 12-18-2007, 08:30 AM   #5
BonzoHansen
Admin.

I’d lobby for removing “Best In Car Entertainment”, “Best Chrome” and “Best Pace Car”. I’d argue against “Best Wheels” too. A big complaint I heard last year was there were too many categories to vote on - it was a PITA to the people voting. You already have all of this:

1. Best 1st Gen Camaro
2. Best 1st Gen Firebird
3. Best 2nd Gen Camaro
4. Best 2nd Gen Firebird
5. Best 3rd Gen Camaro
6. Best 3rd Gen Firebird
7. Best 4th Gen Camaro
8. Best 4th Gen Firebird
9. Best Camaro
10. Best Firebird
11. Best Engine/Engine Compartment
12. Best Paint
13. Best Wheels
14. Best Engineered/Conversion
15. Best Interior

And voting instructions and cutoff time need to be marked on the ballot. And we need to hide whoever is counting votes so they don't get distracted by people coming up and asking 1000 questions.

The looser the waistband, the deeper the quicksand. Or so I have read.

Feather-light suspension, Konis just couldn't hold. I'm so glad I took a look inside your showroom doors.

Hey everybody, it's good to have you on the Baba-too-da-ba-too-ba-ba-buh-doo-ga-ga-bop-a-dop
Old 12-18-2007, 10:25 AM   #6
Mike
BadMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by edpontiac91 View Post
Sounds great and looks awesome. The one HUGE FACTOR that would make it a pleasure for EVERYONE is the date. If they could fit you into September or October, or May/ June then the HEAT may not be a problem.There is no shade for the show field, and racing in that heat really takes a toll on your times.
the event is in august becasue its the anniversary of the club being created.

Quote:
Also in the racing class, could they allow the cars that are running STREET TIRES, to NOT HAVE TO GO THRU THE WATER. It gets into the threads and can drip off onto the race surface.
not as big of a deal as it seems, since they put the cone in the groove on street tire classes, there isnt room in their staging area for cars to go around the water box, atco is the same way, not everywhere can be englishtown

Quote:
One last item, getting the grass cut(a day or two before) will also allow for a nicer setting. This past year was parking in hay field. Just my
that is somthing the club has no control over its a good idea though

Quote:
Originally Posted by 79CamaroDiva View Post
It started before I drove your car. I just have to look at it the wrong way and your car poops parts.
Mercerville MotorSports, LLC
Old 12-18-2007, 10:35 AM   #7
edpontiac91

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonzoHansen View Post
I’d lobby for removing “Best In Car Entertainment”, “Best Chrome” and “Best Pace Car”. I’d argue against “Best Wheels” too. A big complaint I heard last year was there were too many categories to vote on - it was a PITA to the people voting. You already have all of this:

1. Best 1st Gen Camaro
2. Best 1st Gen Firebird
3. Best 2nd Gen Camaro
4. Best 2nd Gen Firebird
5. Best 3rd Gen Camaro
6. Best 3rd Gen Firebird
7. Best 4th Gen Camaro
8. Best 4th Gen Firebird
9. Best Camaro
10. Best Firebird
11. Best Engine/Engine Compartment
12. Best Paint
13. Best Wheels
14. Best Engineered/Conversion
15. Best Interior

And voting instructions and cutoff time need to be marked on the ballot. And we need to hide whoever is counting votes so they don't get distracted by people coming up and asking 1000 questions.
Yeah, I would go along with that. Keep it simple stupid will get a lot more people to vote on fewer "Best Of's". Also last year there was a HUGE BACKUP of traffic to get it. It seems that the "Ticket Girls" were B.S. with every guy that came thru. I asked the guards(near the small bridge)and they said it happens almost every time and it's a problem that has to addressed with Island Dragway.

1994 25th ANNIVERSARY TRANS AM GT -1
of ONLY 2,000 made/ Only 128 made with a HURST 6-Speed Manual and 91 with T-Tops and Compact Disc/ K & N Filtercharger/Magnaflow Performance Muffler/Air Foil- ORIGINAL MINT Arctic White Ultra Rare SURVIVOR. DAYTONA 500 PACE CAR Decal Kit!

SOLD: 1989 Turbo T/A in 1991 it ran 12:18@115 mph
Old 12-18-2007, 10:45 AM   #8
NJSPEEDER
NJFBOA Co-Founder

the smoother progress of participants and spectators into the facility is something that we are going to talk to the track about. we have a few ideas that should accelerate the process, just have to see if they jive with the protocals of Island Dragway before we can discuss them publicly.

keep the feedback coming gang!!!

Old 12-18-2007, 12:31 PM   #9
BonzoHansen
Admin.

Best 'now red formerly orange 77 Z28' of show would be a good addition.

Feather-light suspension, Konis just couldn't hold. I'm so glad I took a look inside your showroom doors.

Hey everybody, it's good to have you on the Baba-too-da-ba-too-ba-ba-buh-doo-ga-ga-bop-a-dop
Old 12-18-2007, 12:41 PM   #10
NJSPEEDER
NJFBOA Co-Founder

there are a few things that will help to improve the selection of awards by everyone,
#1 we will have even more cars out there this year,
#2 the show field will be a bit better organized,
#3 we are going to have a more solid time table to work from,
#4 we are fixing the vote tabulation system

i think these improvements will help a lot with the running of the car show side of the event.

Old 12-25-2007, 11:22 AM   #11
TTPMatt
NJFBOA Supporting Sponsor

Our car will be coming out this year with a new paint scheme. I think we'll be a go for the car show and definitely for racing.

- TTP Race Car Fabrication: Custom fabrication completed in-house. Taking orders for winter; Pro-Mod, Pro-Stock, Top Sportsman, Outlaw.
- Full custom alignments completed in-house
- Full Custom Exhaust Setups. All bending done in-house.
Old 01-14-2008, 03:29 PM   #12
BonzoHansen
Admin.

We haven't talked too much about show classes. Are we keeping the same classes as last year? I think we should kill these:

*Best Chrome <--is chrome even a good term anymore, w/billet, etc.
*Best In Car Entertainment <--how does one even judge this?
*Best Pace Car <--just not enough.

The voters got tired last year, too much. This list is already big.

Idea: Anyone can vote for Group A, and only power members vote for group b? Or only show car registrants voting in B? Someting like that. The list is just so long. If we did this, maybe we could keep all of them w/o overwhelming people.

Group A (11)
Best 1st Gen Camaro
Best 2nd Gen Camaro
Best 3rd Gen Camaro
Best 4th Gen Camaro
Best Camaro
Best 1st Gen Firebird
Best 2nd Gen Firebird
Best 3rd Gen Firebird
Best 4th Gen Firebird
Best Firebird
Best of Show

Group B (5)
Best Engine/Engine Compartment
Best Paint
Best Wheels
Best Engineered/Conversion
Best Interior

Old 01-14-2008, 03:36 PM   #13
edpontiac91

All of the above sounds like a great idea!

1994 25th ANNIVERSARY TRANS AM GT -1
of ONLY 2,000 made/ Only 128 made with a HURST 6-Speed Manual and 91 with T-Tops and Compact Disc/ K & N Filtercharger/Magnaflow Performance Muffler/Air Foil- ORIGINAL MINT Arctic White Ultra Rare SURVIVOR. DAYTONA 500 PACE CAR Decal Kit!

SOLD: 1989 Turbo T/A in 1991 it ran 12:18@115 mph
Old 01-14-2008, 03:41 PM   #14
Tru2Chevy
Co-Founder / Site Admin

Social Networks:

I like your thinking Scott, but I think it would be harder to keep the ballots from PM and non-PM sorted correctly than it would to just add up votes from everyone.

- Justin

Old 01-14-2008, 03:44 PM   #15
BonzoHansen
Admin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tru2Chevy View Post
I like your thinking Scott, but I think it would be harder to keep the ballots from PM and non-PM sorted correctly than it would to just add up votes from everyone.

- Justin
I have an idea on that.

Old 01-14-2008, 05:54 PM   #16
Knipps

Quote:
I have an idea on that.
different ballots?
both in one for the PM and only the 11 on the other?

Quote:
dumbass.
Old 01-14-2008, 06:29 PM   #17
BonzoHansen
Admin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knipps View Post
different ballots?
both in one for the PM and only the 11 on the other?
Yes. It is the distribution of the ballots that causes potential issues. Depend on who gets them, I suppose.

Old 01-15-2008, 03:50 PM   #18
Untamed

Should be easy to collect the names of the power members, then put them on a list. The person coordinating the car show would then manually hand separate voting sheets out to whomever is on the PM list.
I USED TO HAVE an 85 Camaro 305 4bbl, 90 Firebird V6, 97 Firebird V6 (10 speakers!). Despite the two family vehicles, 3 kids, wife and mortgage, I can finally realize the dream - 88 TA almost all stock... for now.

Old 02-24-2008, 05:42 PM   #19
zuuhlsT/A

I would like a Best Firehawk award but I guess thats cause I happen to own one!
Like the Stones said " You can't always get what you want"...
1979 Pontiac Trans Am WS6, working on it
1990 Pontiac Trans AM WS6, Sold
2002 Pontiac Trans Am Firehawk ,#1368 Sold
1995 Pontiac Trans Am, Traded for Hawk
1979 Pontiac Trans Am,Black, Never had a chance
1979 Pontiac Trans Am,Silver, Oak Tree in my way
1979 Pontiac Trans Am Red WS6 sold

Last edited by zuuhlsT/A; 02-24-2008 at 05:42 PM.
Old 02-24-2008, 06:53 PM   #20
01SS

Two different color ballots for non-pm and pm. As for sorting during handing out the only way that would seem good is to have two lines with titles over them. And that is only if you guys have a booth wherever u hand out ballots. I dont know this will be my first time at this show if i go this year.
Old 02-24-2008, 07:11 PM   #21
Tru2Chevy
Co-Founder / Site Admin

Social Networks:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01SS View Post
Two different color ballots for non-pm and pm. As for sorting during handing out the only way that would seem good is to have two lines with titles over them. And that is only if you guys have a booth wherever u hand out ballots. I dont know this will be my first time at this show if i go this year.
All the ballots are in the goody bags that we hand out to people as the cars are rolling into the track. This way we can be sure that everyone at the track has one.

- Justin

Old 02-26-2008, 09:12 AM   #22
Untamed

Last night my 5 yr old wanted to know when she'd get another chance to sit in all those cars and have her picture taken.

She's becoming quite the diva.

Looks like I'll be attending again this year.

And for those who don't have kids, and think about how much of a pain it must be to have them follow the parents around on a hot day, all day, just remember - a love for the hobby begins at a very early age. For those who do have kids, invest the time with your kids in relaxed, fun places like our annual meet, and they'll appreciate your hobby years from now... when they can actually hand you the correct torx wrench.

Last edited by Untamed; 02-26-2008 at 09:13 AM.
Old 07-11-2008, 09:19 AM   #23
Tru2Chevy
Co-Founder / Site Admin

Social Networks:

Just one month to go and we have made some final revisions to the car show setup. The first post has been updated to reflect the following changes:

Price added - The cost to enter the car show is $25

Classes slimmed down - Best Chrome, Best In Car Entertainment, and Best Pace Car have been removed as discussed above. We have also decided to merge the Camaros and Firebirds from each generation, so now we will have awards for Best First, Second, Third and Fourth generation F-Body.

The final class / awards list looks like this:

- Best of Show (awards to the top 3)

- Best First Gen (awards to the top 2)
- Best Second Gen (awards to the top 2)
- Best Third Gen (awards to the top 2)
- Best Fourth Gen (awards to the top 2)

- Best Camaro (award to the winner)
- Best Firebird (award to the winner)
- Best Engine/Engine Compartment (award to the winner)
- Best Paint (award to the winner)
- Best Wheels (award to the winner)
- Best Engineered/Conversion (award to the winner)
- Best Interior (award to the winner)
Old 07-11-2008, 09:27 AM   #24
Mike
BadMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Untamed View Post
Last night my 5 yr old wanted to know when she'd get another chance to sit in all those cars and have her picture taken.

She's becoming quite the diva.

Looks like I'll be attending again this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 79CamaroDiva View Post
It started before I drove your car. I just have to look at it the wrong way and your car poops parts.
Mercerville MotorSports, LLC
Old 07-12-2008, 03:59 PM   #25
Pro90rscam
'08 East Coast Nats Best of Show

What time are vehicles allowed in on Sunday the 10th for the show and racing?

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Event Forums > NJFBOA Events > East Coast F-Body Nationals > 2008 East Coast F-Body Nationals