Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Multimedia

Notices

Old 12-09-2007, 07:11 PM   #1
DaSkinnyGuy

35th camaro getting salt on it

This guy is letting his 35th anniversary camaro convertible get salt all over it. I even put my bird off the road and its not as nearly rare as this.

2000 Pewter Trans am, M6, SLP Lid,LS6 intake,Kooks 1 7/8" Long tube header,Classic Chambered Powersticks, hurst,off road X-pipe, Strano springs & Koni's, Monster level 2 clutch, HPtuners wide band tuned and a homemade ram air box sealed off.
DaSkinnyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 07:12 PM   #2
Iroc-z86

sucks, some people just dont give a sh$t. not my car so idc, my car is not much better tho, sitting in mud at the moment with no real way of moving it

2011 Camaro - 2lt/rs red jewel tincoat, m6 - SOLD

2014 Camaro SS - bolt ons

1998 Jimmy - the beater
Iroc-z86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 07:21 PM   #3
NJSPEEDER
NJFBOA Co-Founder

i like the way every time someone uses a car to drive, the thing it was built for, they somehow don't care. not everyone has a second car to drive or a garage to store their car in.

New Jersey F-Body Owners Association
NJSPEEDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 07:40 PM   #4
Iroc-z86

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJSPEEDER View Post
i like the way every time someone uses a car to drive, the thing it was built for, they somehow don't care. not everyone has a second car to drive or a garage to store their car in.
exactly, once i get the iroc on the road again its becoming my new dd just because i like to drive it so much. the only reason i have two cars is because i commute to MSU 4 days a week.

1998 Jimmy - the beater
Old 12-09-2007, 07:46 PM   #5
nj96z28

i drive my 96z vert every day and in snow and rain... its not because i dont care i just dont have the space to buy another vehicle..... or the money. But it gets a bath once a week. at least I "cared" enough to take the chromes off for winter
'96 Z28 Vert M6 - UMI LCA's,UMI SFC's,BMR Panhard rod(soon to be UMI),UMI Short Shifter,Custom clutch, SLP CAI, SLP Strut Brace, Skip Shift Elim, MagnaFlow Catback,160 stat, Tb bypass, Air Foil ,prothane motor mounts & tranny mount, Stainless Radiator Shroud, Hooker headers with magnaflow hiflo cats, brand spanking new tranny, Umi torque arm , C5 brakes all 4 corners .

Soon to come... New paint , and glass .
nj96z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 08:37 PM   #6
DaSkinnyGuy

Ok for those comments I bet if you had a second vehicle to drive it would be in storage for the winter or park in the driveway. But being that its your only, that is you only choice to drive it. But I know for a fact that this guy has more than one car, he has several he just drives this car once a week. Which is friday to work and this is when I took it.
2000 Pewter Trans am, M6, SLP Lid,LS6 intake,Kooks 1 7/8" Long tube header,Classic Chambered Powersticks, hurst,off road X-pipe, Strano springs & Koni's, Monster level 2 clutch, HPtuners wide band tuned and a homemade ram air box sealed off.
Old 12-09-2007, 08:43 PM   #7
NJSPEEDER
NJFBOA Co-Founder

the picture you took is in a parking lot, what does that have to do with where he parks at home?
BTW, my car is parked in the street right now, does that mean it will get more or less dirty than if it was in the driveway?

New Jersey F-Body Owners Association
NJSPEEDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 08:49 PM   #8
Tru2Chevy
Co-Founder / Site Admin

Social Networks:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaSkinnyGuy View Post
Ok for those comments I bet if you had a second vehicle to drive it would be in storage for the winter or park in the driveway. But being that its your only, that is you only choice to drive it. But I know for a fact that this guy has more than one car, he has several he just drives this car once a week. Which is friday to work and this is when I took it.
No way....cars are meant to be driven. Just because it's driven in bad weather doesn't mean that it's neglected....

- Justin

Tru2Chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 08:56 PM   #9
DaSkinnyGuy

The fact isnt about any of your cars, its about that this is a rare fbody probly 300 coverts made as a 35th SS anniversary edition. This guy has other cars to drive why is he driving it when he could use the others. Yes its in a parking lot, how did it get to the parking lot from thursday night if it wasnt there, to friday morning when it just showed up. it had to be driven in the salt, thus the rare car was driven in the salt.
Old 12-09-2007, 08:59 PM   #10
nj96z28

i see what ur sayin
'96 Z28 Vert M6 - UMI LCA's,UMI SFC's,BMR Panhard rod(soon to be UMI),UMI Short Shifter,Custom clutch, SLP CAI, SLP Strut Brace, Skip Shift Elim, MagnaFlow Catback,160 stat, Tb bypass, Air Foil ,prothane motor mounts & tranny mount, Stainless Radiator Shroud, Hooker headers with magnaflow hiflo cats, brand spanking new tranny, Umi torque arm , C5 brakes all 4 corners .

Soon to come... New paint , and glass .
nj96z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 09:12 PM   #11
DaSkinnyGuy

At one point either tim or justin told me that we have our own opinion on our cars ( in this case what my opinion is on some guys rare car ) I feel that if you have a rare car, and you have other cars to drive, put the rare car away, and drive the other cars that are not rare. How much clearer do i need to be. Salt kicks up real easy, it is lighter than rocks usually thus making it easier for your car to scratch up. Why put the rare car in the postion of this when the rare car could be sitting away dreaming of hot summer days with its top down. Ok If you have a car that is rare but no other choice to use another car than it is ok for it to be out.

Finally why do we as car people, and those people that are car collectors search for cars that have either been in 3 places CA, AZ, or sunny florida. Thats because these car collecting people who collect [B]rare[B] cars look for cars that have not seen snow, or slat, or even rain for that fact. These rare car collecting people feel that cars from these 3 places have not been neglected. If if this 35th anniversary convert has a emblem on the side that says collectors edition, then I might say that some day a person will be looking for this rare collectors car and say naw I dont want it, this car has seen the salt, snow, rain. When this guy clearly could have not used the car.

Answer this question where are the two Barrette Jackson auction held?

Last edited by DaSkinnyGuy; 12-09-2007 at 09:13 PM.
Old 12-09-2007, 09:12 PM   #12
Tru2Chevy
Co-Founder / Site Admin

Social Networks:

Quote:
The fact isnt about any of your cars, its about that this is a rare fbody probly 300 coverts made as a 35th SS anniversary edition. This guy has other cars to drive why is he driving it when he could use the others. Yes its in a parking lot, how did it get to the parking lot from thursday night if it wasnt there, to friday morning when it just showed up. it had to be driven in the salt, thus the rare car was driven in the salt.
So? It was driven, meaning the owner was enjoying the car that he purchased, which is what the car was built for.

As long as he takes care of it and doesn't let it rot away, I have no problems with it, and I would do the same myself.

- Justin

Tru2Chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 09:16 PM   #13
DaSkinnyGuy

Ok i am fine with those words. Those are the words of your own opinion. I didnt feel that I was going to get this type of reaction from the crowd. But heck sometimes a curve ball is thrown.
Old 12-09-2007, 09:17 PM   #14
Anti_Rice_Guy
The Mayor / 2009 Member of the Year / Moderator

Social Networks:

I'm not a fan of taking a nice, toy car out in bad weather. Camaro has seen rain 2x while in our possession, cleaned thoroughly afterwards. Never seen salt/snow/sleet. It's pointless to hurt a car that is meant to be fun and look great in the summer. If you have other cars and can afford it, it's pointless IMHO. Now don't get me wrong and get that I'm suggesting not to drive your cars to keep miles off, as I take the Camaro out as much as possible in the spring/summer/fall. It's just that if its a toy and not a DD, there's no point in ruining it.
Originally Posted by BonzoHansen View Post
Is English your 2nd language? Did you graduate high school? Your posts make my head hurt.
Team FARM
Anti_Rice_Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 10:08 PM   #15
Iroc-z86

Quote:
actually there were 1398 converts, 1971 t-tops. rare in comparison to a reg z28. the berger ss camaro is rare 28 total made.

1998 Jimmy - the beater
Old 12-09-2007, 10:41 PM   #16
Mike
BadMod

if its not your car, who cares

Quote:
Originally Posted by 79CamaroDiva View Post
It started before I drove your car. I just have to look at it the wrong way and your car poops parts.
Mercerville MotorSports, LLC
Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 01:22 AM   #17
maroman88
12 Second Club

i too hate seeing nice cars out in bad weather, but if its all ya got then as long as it gets waxed and undercoated and takin care of it should be fine. i took my 95 Z out and did donuts the other night, and its the nicest car ive ever owned, better then my 88, but thats were sentimental value comes in that car will never see snow or salt again
97 Trans Am WS6
98 Blazer ZR2
00 Corvette
04 CTS-V
07 Sublime Charger Daytona
10 Tahoe SSV
12 Tahoe LT
17 Malibu LT
maroman88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 10:07 AM   #18
WildBillyT
Ayatollah of Rock N Rolla / Admin

Quote:

Finally why do we as car people, and those people that are car collectors search for cars that have either been in 3 places CA, AZ, or sunny florida. Thats because these car collecting people who collect [B]rare[B] cars look for cars that have not seen snow, or slat, or even rain for that fact. These rare car collecting people feel that cars from these 3 places have not been neglected. Answer this question where are the two Barrette Jackson auction held?
Cali, Arizona, Texas, New Mexico, etc are all places people go for primarily older cars, where corrosion is a problem. These days cars aren't made of steel (as much) and the paint and coating technology prevents rust a lot better.

While it can't HELP the car to drive it in the salt, and the salt will pit aluminum and such, it's not like he's fording a river in the damn thing.
WildBillyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 12:03 PM   #19
DaSkinnyGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iroc-z86 View Post
actually there were 1398 converts, 1971 t-tops. rare in comparison to a reg z28. the berger ss camaro is rare 28 total made.

ok how many of those converts were auto? Manual?
how many had a black top? How many were red? not every 35th camaro was red. give me those numbers and let me know what you come up with.
Old 12-10-2007, 12:09 PM   #20
NightRydaSS

atleast the car is being driven. God; i have seen so many Camaro's and Trans-Am's w/ like 6K miles on them with them origional tires....makes me sick.

Eff Dr. Phil; my M6 SS is the only Therapist I need!

Light travels faster then sound; that is why some people appear to be smart until they speak - Unknown
NightRydaSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 12:10 PM   #21
camaro2you

Theres a guy around me with a ceta ta that looks like its never been washed and its driven all the time and the mother f'er smokes in it to.
camaro2you is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 12:19 PM   #22
DaSkinnyGuy

Wow i love how people blow words out of concept. I didnt once say the car could not be driven ever. I clearly said why is this car beeing driven in the salt. Just save the miles for the summer if its your toy not your daily driver theres a difference this is this guys toy. Everyone is going to have their own opinion. It all depends on the people you grew up with. They influenced you on the way you think. Some people will never change their opinion cause they will feel downed if someone close to them finds out they are saying differennt
Old 12-10-2007, 01:27 PM   #23
maroman88
12 Second Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro2you View Post
Theres a guy around me with a ceta ta that looks like its never been washed and its driven all the time and the mother f'er smokes in it to.
theres a 30th TA near me, saw two fat bitches smoking in it, my turned to pure hatred
97 Trans Am WS6
98 Blazer ZR2
00 Corvette
04 CTS-V
07 Sublime Charger Daytona
10 Tahoe SSV
12 Tahoe LT
17 Malibu LT

Last edited by maroman88; 12-10-2007 at 01:28 PM.
maroman88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 02:36 PM   #24
Knipps

f#ck the weather, if you wanna drive it, then do it..

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonzoHansen View Post
dumbass.
Knipps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 05:00 PM   #25
ins0mnia24

Quote:
ok how many of those converts were auto? Manual?
how many had a black top? How many were red? not every 35th camaro was red. give me those numbers and let me know what you come up with.
789 automatic convertibles and 609 6-speeds convertibles
All of the 35TH anniversary SS's were Red
QTP Headers, Mufflex Stainless Y-pipe, Pypes Performance Exhaust, Moser 12-bolt w/ 33 spline axles,Truetrac & 3:73's., Spohn.
Cartek Tuned...
ins0mnia24 is offline   Reply With Quote

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Multimedia