Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Regional Forums > South Jersey

Notices

Old 12-05-2004, 10:06 PM   #1
NJSPEEDER
NJFBOA Co-Founder

February meet?

hey gang,
it is plannign way into the future, but i was wondering if everyone woudl take a look around their towns adn come up with a few good places to have teh february meet.
basically all we need is:
1. lots of parking, figure on needingenough space for 50+ cars
2. a restaurant taht will take a resertvation for a group of 50-60 on a saturday afternoon(figure a 2 or 3pm meeting time)

we would obviously prefer places on major road sthat are easy to get too and also in public view(it is fun to have passers by check out teh cars). any restaurant must also be open to all ages, since we do have members taht are belwo teh legal drinking age(teh restaurant must be willing to enforce this)

no pressure, jsut trying to keep away teh winter blahs by plannign ahead for next season.

later
tim

New Jersey F-Body Owners Association
NJSPEEDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2004, 11:12 PM   #2
GrandmasterCow
12 Second Club

good idea. yeah, me and my friend have been looking around for awhile now. turnersville might work out, but i dont know. still lookin' though.
1999 Trans Am WS6
2000 Trans Am WS6
GrandmasterCow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2004, 12:25 AM   #3
JerzLT1

I was thinkin maybe Fuddruckers on the Black horse Pike in tunersville. you can see almost the whole parking lot from the road. and since they have car shows all the time i dont think they would mind takin reservations. that and its not too hard to get to. just a thought. theres also a Lone Star, Applebees and i think a Fridays in the same area. let me know what ya think.

Josh
Old 12-06-2004, 12:26 PM   #4
Tony Danza

right, even down the road a lil from fuddruckers is an applebees' parking lot that butts up againts a Target's parking lot, so in the case that fuddruckers is too full from other car meets, theres room there.
Stock suspension and rear for now.
Daily driver- '04 Sub Forrester 2.5XT
Tony Danza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2004, 05:25 PM   #5
ajt86

Hey guys- fudruckers stopped having their "official" shows in October i beleive, so it wont be a big deal to have one there- also i think they have a back room that they can problably reserve and its got a decent amount of tables there
ajt86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2004, 05:42 PM   #6
NJSPEEDER
NJFBOA Co-Founder

seems like every fudds i talk to is cool with having car shows and clubs hang around. applebees are nice, but they won't take reservations in advance. on a saturday, even during teh afternoon, that can be a huge problem.
that is a key point to choosing a location, must be able to set up seating in advance for 50+ heads and have them all together.

keep the ideas coming guys. pretty soon one of you guys will have to take command of this and get the meet set up.

later
tim

Old 12-09-2004, 08:01 PM   #7
GrandmasterCow
12 Second Club

yeah, also we must have a GUARENTEED attendence. i mean, all the other SJ times we had ppl say they're go and only like what, three showed? we must get a guarenteed amount so we know we're not wasting time. and for people that don't know the area to meet up with people that do know the area somewhere closer to them so that it increases the chances we get more people to this event.
1999 Trans Am WS6
2000 Trans Am WS6
GrandmasterCow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2004, 12:00 AM   #8
JerzLT1

I hear ya Eric. you know im game for anything. ill even drive an hour to a meet if i need to. i think some of you central guys need ta come down for some fun
Old 12-10-2004, 03:30 PM   #9
NJSPEEDER
NJFBOA Co-Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandmasterCow
yeah, also we must have a GUARENTEED attendence. i mean, all the other SJ times we had ppl say they're go and only like what, three showed? we must get a guarenteed amount so we know we're not wasting time. and for people that don't know the area to meet up with people that do know the area somewhere closer to them so that it increases the chances we get more people to this event.
the level of interest is usually directly related to how well and how far in advance the planning is done.
that is why i wanted to see if you guys could get teh ball rolling now. last time there was a lot of interest when the idea first came up, but it sort of fell apart and turned into a last minute thing.
start asking around at your favorite places to see if they would be interested in hosting us. we plan for 50ish people and we need a good parking lot.
once a few places are found that may be interested post them up and we will all see what idea seems the best.

later
tim

Old 12-11-2004, 07:05 AM   #10
camaro2you

fudd

im up for it
fudds is only like two miles from my house.
camaro2you is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2004, 05:53 PM   #11
NJSPEEDER
NJFBOA Co-Founder

has anyone started lookin into any place yet?
if the leg work is started now and we can announce the date/location at the january meet it will definately help to move things along.

later
tim

Old 12-20-2004, 06:03 PM   #12
camaro2you

i say the fudds in turnersville i will be able to come meet you guys there for the first time since i cant drive for a couple more years.
its only a couple miles from my house so ill ride my bike up there.
camaro2you is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2004, 06:52 PM   #13
JerzLT1

ill head up there within the next few days and find out if theyll take a reservation for like 50+ people. i dont think applebees parking lot is big enough for all of us but Fudds sounds good. if we cant fit in just their parking lot we have all of walmart's too. ill keep you guys posted
Old 12-21-2004, 04:21 PM   #14
NJSPEEDER
NJFBOA Co-Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by 86Formula
ill head up there within the next few days and find out if theyll take a reservation for like 50+ people. i dont think applebees parking lot is big enough for all of us but Fudds sounds good. if we cant fit in just their parking lot we have all of walmart's too. ill keep you guys posted
thanks for taking charge of this.
let me know if you need anything or have any questions about setting it up. i have done these things more than a few times and know some of teh ahssles that can arrise.

later
tim

Old 12-21-2004, 04:26 PM   #15
foff667
Keyboard Tough Guy

im definitly down hopefully i wont get lost this time hehe.
foff667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2004, 02:30 PM   #16
JerzLT1

just got home from Fudds and i talked to the manager. She said she would have to talk to the general manager (wasnt there at the time). apparently theyve held meets for car clubs other times and it was a problem because they would to burnouts in the parking lots and the cops would be called and stuff. i told her about the Fudds meet in Bridgewater and that was a + i left my cell number and name with her to have the GM call me. if they dont call in a week or 2 ill just go back and find out for sure. she also asked if we would want to rent out the back room. i said i wasnt exactly sure but i would get back to her about it

Later,
Josh
Old 12-22-2004, 04:00 PM   #17
NJSPEEDER
NJFBOA Co-Founder

we have had 2 good sized meets without any major incident(ok, so we did get kicked otu of the parking lot at the firkin tavern meet, but that was super late and that cop was being a tool).
don't wait weeks to head back over, only wait 2 or 3 days. if you wait too long they won't think you are serious about havign an event there.
as far as the back room thing goes, we would have to see about that. if we are planning to bring 40-50 people to eat at their restaurant i see no reason why they woudl need to charge us to use the room. they woudl certainly make enough money from the food.

later
tim

Old 01-05-2005, 11:04 PM   #18
LoudAssZ

Yo..I just signed up on the site...I read the message for a Feb.meet...I live in Edison and they just opend this new bar/grill called Fox and Hound which is pretty nice...Plenty of room inside and parking is good outside because its at menlo park mall...What does everyone think... I would like to meet everyone and see everyones cars....
LoudAssZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 12:23 AM   #19
JerzLT1

im goin back to Fudds tomorrow to talk to the GM cause he didnt come to work on monday. im hopin this goes thru and they dont expect a deposit or anything along those lines. ill keep everyone posted
Old 01-06-2005, 02:42 AM   #20
Mister_Johnny99

Weather is a major question in Feb.
Be careful making any promisses for attendance this far in advance.
A big storm can put a hurtin' on your numbers.
Mister_Johnny99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 08:04 AM   #21
Demonicbird00
10 Second Club

I work at Sony Music in Pitman, lots of parking there!!! And rite off of rt 55, Fuddruckers is a 10-15 min drive so we could have a mini cruise to there or Deptford where theres Applebees,and all the other resturants I cant think of, deptford is about a 10 min drive and it would be all highway...

lemme know...I could ask human resourses, But there Would be NO GOOFING OFF in the parking lot, or its my head

-Brandon
99 M3- NASA #181
00TA- H/C/I= 10.83 @ 130 1.58 493hp/424tq SOLD
www.fquick.com/Demonicbird00
Demonicbird00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 08:25 AM   #22
Tru2Chevy
Co-Founder / Site Admin

Social Networks:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demonicbird00
I work at Sony Music in Pitman, lots of parking there!!! And rite off of rt 55, Fuddruckers is a 10-15 min drive so we could have a mini cruise to there or Deptford where theres Applebees,and all the other resturants I cant think of, deptford is about a 10 min drive and it would be all highway...

lemme know...I could ask human resourses, But there Would be NO GOOFING OFF in the parking lot, or its my head

-Brandon
We have tried the Deptford thing before.....the parking lots over there are too crowded, and places like Applebees don't take reservations for large groups.

- Justin

Tru2Chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 09:46 AM   #23
JerzLT1

im gonna tell him like 40-50 people but we will have a better idea as it gets closer to the date
Old 01-07-2005, 01:51 PM   #24
Mike
BadMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by foff667
silly bill got lost....hahahaaaaa

Quote:
Originally Posted by 79CamaroDiva View Post
It started before I drove your car. I just have to look at it the wrong way and your car poops parts.
Mercerville MotorSports, LLC
Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2005, 02:33 PM   #25
foff667
Keyboard Tough Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbrrmike
Quote:
Originally Posted by foff667
silly bill got lost....hahahaaaaa Â*
what do you think i dont watch the SJ board too? Hey bud who was the one calling me from the blackhorse pike saying how do you get to the deptford meet? hehe at least we made it...an hour late...but traffic was horrible in deptford and it was a big pita to find anything.
foff667 is offline   Reply With Quote

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Regional Forums > South Jersey