Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > Electrical and Wiring

Notices

Old 12-04-2012, 09:10 PM   #1
V
Stalker

starter issue

Before my engine swap, the starter would act up. If sitting for a period of time(a few days), the starter would lock up. When id go to start it, id turn the key and only hear the solenoid click. Then after 4-10 attempts it would finally free up and spin, starting the car right away. After that initial start-up it would start normally the rest of the day.

Obviously i could change the starter but i was wondering if i could fix it some how. Any ideas? advice?
V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 11:29 PM   #2
Lt1_8U

The same thing happens to the vehicle my boss drives. Does it ever not get power to the starter? Meaning you hear nothing when turn the key.
Lt1_8U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 07:44 AM   #3
z28camaro94
13 sec club

Probably due to corrosion build up in the armature or stator. Sounds like its on its way out. You can try to take it apart and clean with CRC Lectra-motive, but if your gonna do all that, might as well throw in some new brushes. might not be worth the effort, but thats up to you

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > Electrical and Wiring