Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Regional Forums > North Jersey

Notices

Old 05-25-2011, 08:29 AM   #26
maroman88
12 Second Club

i may come in the vette or blue camaro
97 Trans Am WS6
98 Blazer ZR2
00 Corvette
04 CTS-V
07 Sublime Charger Daytona
10 Tahoe SSV
12 Tahoe LT
17 Malibu LT
maroman88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 09:55 AM   #27
drmrman

Quote:
Originally Posted by maroman88 View Post
i may come in the vette or blue camaro
Take the vette! Want to meet up and go together?

Txt me and let me know.

370 2299

Last edited by drmrman; 05-25-2011 at 09:55 AM.
drmrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 11:56 AM   #28
Jersey Mike
Power Member/NJFBOA Bookie/Moderator

Social Networks:

Boulder Run. 6-7 sounds fine. Also, forecast is showing clear skies for this evening.

1995 Firebird... Stock-ish.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS1ow View Post
Good. He microwaved my phone 6 years ago, i hope his intake erupts.
Jersey Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 02:18 PM   #29
maroman88
12 Second Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmrman View Post
Take the vette! Want to meet up and go together?

Txt me and let me know.

370 2299
lol aight, gotta wash it... i pass thru ridgewood on the way there anyway
97 Trans Am WS6
98 Blazer ZR2
00 Corvette
04 CTS-V
07 Sublime Charger Daytona
10 Tahoe SSV
12 Tahoe LT
17 Malibu LT
maroman88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 03:43 PM   #30
drmrman

Oh yeah sorry! 201 hahaha

Okay let me know asap! I should be getting out of work some what on time....
Old 05-25-2011, 03:44 PM   #31
drmrman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersey Mike View Post
Boulder Run. 6-7 sounds fine. Also, forecast is showing clear skies for this evening.
*thumbs up*
Old 05-25-2011, 10:20 PM   #32
creeper

pretty good turnout tonight

I was the only 4th gen there though, mainly because of mike's laziness and continual refusal to buy a battery!!

|2000 Trans Am|T56 swap|Bolt Ons| Suspension|
creeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 11:01 PM   #33
Jersey Mike

Social Networks:

X3 > creaky fbody. Besides, I thought I'd let you have the title of nicest TA there this time
[insert "oooooh" emoticon here]

DRMRMAN, your vette was even better looking in person. Keith was envying your 305s

Quote:
Old 05-26-2011, 05:36 AM   #34
drmrman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersey Mike View Post
X3 > creaky fbody. Besides, I thought I'd let you have the title of nicest TA there this time
[insert "oooooh" emoticon here]

DRMRMAN, your vette was even better looking in person. Keith was envying your 305s
HAHA! Thanks man! It was nice meeting you guys! Well... at the rate Im going... I may never get there... But somewhere down the road Id like this to happen!

^^^ My buddies car. Lives down south.

C+nt hair narrowed rear with 355's. But I have some needs and wants that have to get done before that craziness....

Last edited by drmrman; 05-26-2011 at 05:58 AM.
drmrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 09:58 AM   #35
transamws686

I have been looking for a local spot to head out to, how is the turn out? Are there any other meets in the area?
Bored .060 over, speed pro forged pistons, cat H braun rods, STOCK CRANK CUT .010 .010, ROLLER timing chain, melling 60lb oil pum, comp lifters, comp push rods .080 wall, speed pro molly rings, #62 heads fully ported, stainless valves 2.11X1.77,comp springs and retainers, clevitte bearings, Melling SPC-7 camshaft RAIII, QJ carb 700 cfm
transamws686 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 07:47 AM   #36
jraney

Quote:
Originally Posted by transamws686 View Post
I have been looking for a local spot to head out to, how is the turn out? Are there any other meets in the area?
Every Monday 6 - 9 at Advance Auto Parts 427 Market St Saddle Brook next to Harbor Freight.
Old 05-27-2011, 10:26 AM   #37
creeper

wyckoff is smallish in comparison to others but always fun

the one at the walmart in boonton and lyndhurst are the best I know of in our area

|2000 Trans Am|T56 swap|Bolt Ons| Suspension|
creeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 08:11 PM   #38
Jersey Mike

Social Networks:

Thread revival.

Creeper & I went a few Wednesdays back (however, it was relocated to the Walgreens on Cedar Hill Ave in Wyckoff, which was smaller, but still good to have).

Fast-Forward to tonight: A buddy and I went tonight (approximately 6:30pm) and there wasn't a soul in sight!! We then shot over to the old spot (DMV lot) and found that the gates were closed & no cars were there.

What gives? I noticed a few of the usual suspects cruising around on the roads as well. Can someone in-the-know please shed some light on the current status of this, once reliable, local meet up?

Quote:

Last edited by Jersey Mike; 05-11-2016 at 08:12 PM.
Old 05-12-2016, 07:21 AM   #39
ar0ck
Resident Camera Guy

Social Networks:

I had heard for years they were trying to clean up that lot, I'm kinda shocked that it was closed off.

Maybe people aren't sure its started up again due to the weather. I'll definitely swing by next week as I have Wednesday evenings free again.
Old 05-12-2016, 05:37 PM   #40
Jersey Mike

Social Networks:

Any one seen any info on Facebook or other forums about this?

Quote:
Old 05-13-2016, 11:14 AM   #41
Lt1_8U

A bunch of cars meet on Wednesday in the church parking lot as soon as you make that left off of cedar hill. I forget the name of the street. It was nice, no 18 yr olds being jerkoffs
Lt1_8U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 09:32 PM   #42
onew1ckedz

From what i heard the older guys that attend the car show wanted to be closer to food and bathrooms hence they meet now over by the walgreens on cedar hill, but then again thats just what i heard . .
Old 05-18-2016, 06:53 AM   #43
Jersey Mike

Social Networks:

Quote:
Originally Posted by onew1ckedz View Post
From what i heard the older guys that attend the car show wanted to be closer to food and bathrooms hence they meet now over by the walgreens on cedar hill, but then again thats just what i heard . .
Shawn-

We stopped by the Walgreens on Cedar Hill last Wednesday around 6:30 or so and there wasn't a single car to be seen.
However, Keith & I went there a few weeks back, around the same time, and there were still 50+ cars in the parking lot.

Maybe it's bi-weekly now?

___
I can't make it tonight.

Quote:
Old 07-02-2016, 12:05 PM   #44
IROC-MIKE

The Wyckoff cruise night had quickly outgrown the Walgreens lot after the 2nd week it was there. The guy running it (Rich) he lives in Wyckoff and was having a difficult time finding a big enough lat that they could close off to the public. It is still EVERY Wednesday night but has moved to the Church on Cedar Hill Ave near the intersection of Wyckoff Ave in May. A lot of people dont still know its moved but it is getting more cars every week. If you can get there by 5:30 or 6 you'll be able to get a good spot. There is a great variety of cars but sadly never any 3rd Gens. Its only a matter of time before it gets too big for that lot but there arent many places left that can host 300+ cars which we used to get at Boulder Run. Anyone planning on going over PM me and I'll see if I can stop by with one of my 3rd Gens as its just a few blocks from my house.
IROC-MIKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2016, 05:05 PM   #45
Jersey Mike

Social Networks:

Quote:
Originally Posted by IROC-MIKE View Post
The Wyckoff cruise night had quickly outgrown the Walgreens lot after the 2nd week it was there. The guy running it (Rich) he lives in Wyckoff and was having a difficult time finding a big enough lat that they could close off to the public. It is still EVERY Wednesday night but has moved to the Church on Cedar Hill Ave near the intersection of Wyckoff Ave in May. A lot of people dont still know its moved but it is getting more cars every week. If you can get there by 5:30 or 6 you'll be able to get a good spot. There is a great variety of cars but sadly never any 3rd Gens. Its only a matter of time before it gets too big for that lot but there arent many places left that can host 300+ cars which we used to get at Boulder Run. Anyone planning on going over PM me and I'll see if I can stop by with one of my 3rd Gens as its just a few blocks from my house.
This was the kind of reply I was after. Very helpful! I'm going to try and make it out there one of these next two Wednesdays. I'll definitely shoot you a PM beforehand. I can usually drag Creeper & 97Camaro out, and I think Ar0ck is getting the itch too

Quote:
Old 07-02-2016, 07:01 PM   #46
DirtyBird

Is it mostly stance people or does it have people that take there weekend warriors out that are looking for fun
DirtyBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2016, 09:27 PM   #47
ar0ck
Resident Camera Guy

Social Networks:

I'm definitely getting the itch, the firebird is litterally a registration away from hitting the road.
Old 07-06-2016, 06:39 AM   #48
IROC-MIKE

Happy I could help. I live on the route to the old spot by the DMV and see so many cars still driving by on Wed that I'm going to put a sign in front of my house saying the car show moved to Cedar Hill. When it was at the DMV my wife and I would watch everyone drive past our house on the way to the show. I feel bad for the guys that don't know it moved, cant find it, and waste their night going to the DMV only to see them drive by 3 minutes later because they don't know where the new location is. This new location is in the lot BEHIND the church so you could drive right by and totally miss it because the cars are hidden by the buildings. I don't remember the name of that church but its on Cedar Hill Ave between 208 and Wyckoff Ave. Its on the other side of 208 from the Walgreens (where they had it for a few weeks this year) so if youre taking 208 North just get off and bear to the right / straight onto Cedar Hill; its down about 1/8 mile on the right. From 208 South you take the exit and bear hard right to go OVER 208 then take left at stop sign to get onto Cedar Hill. If you get to the light at Cedar Hill / Wyckoff Ave you just passed it (its that well hidden). Its a really nice show that draws cars from all over. The only other show that gets an assortment of cars like that is Bear Mountain where on a good night there are 1300+ cars! Its in a residential neighborhood so please represent with respect so the neighbors don't complain. Hope to see more 3rd Gen guys there! I'm one exit away on 208, so let me know before you go; if I can make it you can swing by my house and we can roll in together.
IROC-MIKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 10:57 AM   #49
Jersey Mike

Social Networks:

Quote:
Originally Posted by IROC-MIKE View Post
Happy I could help. I live on the route to the old spot by the DMV and see so many cars still driving by on Wed that I'm going to put a sign in front of my house saying the car show moved to Cedar Hill. When it was at the DMV my wife and I would watch everyone drive past our house on the way to the show. I feel bad for the guys that don't know it moved, cant find it, and waste their night going to the DMV only to see them drive by 3 minutes later because they don't know where the new location is. This new location is in the lot BEHIND the church so you could drive right by and totally miss it because the cars are hidden by the buildings. I don't remember the name of that church but its on Cedar Hill Ave between 208 and Wyckoff Ave. Its on the other side of 208 from the Walgreens (where they had it for a few weeks this year) so if youre taking 208 North just get off and bear to the right / straight onto Cedar Hill; its down about 1/8 mile on the right. From 208 South you take the exit and bear hard right to go OVER 208 then take left at stop sign to get onto Cedar Hill. If you get to the light at Cedar Hill / Wyckoff Ave you just passed it (its that well hidden). Its a really nice show that draws cars from all over. The only other show that gets an assortment of cars like that is Bear Mountain where on a good night there are 1300+ cars! Its in a residential neighborhood so please represent with respect so the neighbors don't complain. Hope to see more 3rd Gen guys there! I'm one exit away on 208, so let me know before you go; if I can make it you can swing by my house and we can roll in together.
Great info, Mike!
Sadly, I can never get out of work early in enough to make it up to Bear Mountain, which is why the Wyckoff Wednesday's always worked for a local like me.

Boy am I glad you've got your ear to the ground!

Quote:
Old 07-12-2016, 10:13 AM   #50
ar0ck
Resident Camera Guy

Social Networks:

Has anyone been to the Whiskey yet this year? I heard the original bar had closed down (which I thought it did years ago) but they are no longer doing the big Saturday shows?

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Regional Forums > North Jersey