Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > NJFBOA Forums > Club and Website Support

Notices

Old 07-02-2012, 09:18 PM   #26
sweetbmxrider
Meet Coordinator

I've been to at least 1 meet in every area but the south. I tried for April with a few other guys but 24 hours of lemons got in the way. I don't mind a good drive to a fun meet. V17 was a great time. I'm always up for some Atco, just gotta get the car going again. I wouldn't want to see the mess of 50+ people (combining 2 top attending meets) at a restaurant Atco, yes. Applebee's, not so much. How many were at that North West meet in west bumbleplace at all the west you can eat?
Old 07-02-2012, 11:04 PM   #27
BonzoHansen
Admin.

More NW meets? We basically do 2 now. Island and Chatterbox.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slow-V6 View Post
....Philly Dinner in Runnemede or some other suggestion Maybe a Atco meet or even stewarts or webers rootbeer stand..
I just said the C&P meet drew no people, but matters not. No one has said "I don't want to go there", so I don't know.

Anyway, of those places listed, do they all meet the criteria? They all appear to be on the west side of the state. We did C&P because of complaints of nothing on the east side. Not sure how that will fly if we go back west. I'm not against it though.
Quote:
Location Requirements
*Must be appropriate for all club members and their families.
*The location needs to be able to seat/serve us as a group.
*It needs to have ample parking or agree to save enough spots together if parking is tight (and still leave room for other patrons). We initially plan 15-20 cars/20-30 people for monthly meets. Parking in another location is not an option unless arranged by location management.
*We need to be able to hang for a while, at least 3 hours.
*The place cannot be too hard to get to, like 24/7 snarled traffic
*It should not in a “bad part of town”.
*Must be cognizant of traffic issue (ie no beach points in the summer, etc.)
*Must be in NJ
Atco meet not withstanding. That is a different deal altogether. That would just have to be a meet up thing. Not like we could swing a weekend track rental lol. I don't know if we could get some kind of common area tied off for us to all hang together or something. Maybe somebody in the know there could coordinate.

The looser the waistband, the deeper the quicksand. Or so I have read.

Feather-light suspension, Konis just couldn't hold. I'm so glad I took a look inside your showroom doors.

Hey everybody, it's good to have you on the Baba-too-da-ba-too-ba-ba-buh-doo-ga-ga-bop-a-dop
BonzoHansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 09:28 AM   #28
Slow-V6

Philly Dinner is a 50's styled dinner that has 2 big parking lots and alot of seating.. They are located on the Black horse Pike in Runnemede NJ, Stewarts/webers is a old style drive in root beer stand.. They have a decent size parking lot and there are a couple locations such as Lindenwold on RT30, Black Horse pike in Williamstown/Turnersville, and RT 130 in Brooklawn..

There are plenty of other places to choose from in the Egg Harbor area that are not a sports bar.. I love chickies and Petes as they are the best Sports bar in america but for some reason the last 2 meets only drew 13 or so cars..
1998 Corvette Convertible, Vararam Intake+Power Duct, Fast 90/90, Ti Axleback..12.8@110
2003 Cobra Convertible 10th Anniversary
http://www.fquick.com/slow-v6
Local car cruise schedule..
http://www.cliffscalendar.com/
Slow-V6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 09:42 AM   #29
WildBillyT
Ayatollah of Rock N Rolla / Admin

Quote:
Philly Dinner is a 50's styled dinner that has 2 big parking lots and alot of seating.. They are located on the Black horse Pike in Runnemede NJ, Stewarts/webers is a old style drive in root beer stand.. They have a decent size parking lot and there are a couple locations such as Lindenwold on RT30, Black Horse pike in Williamstown/Turnersville, and RT 130 in Brooklawn..

There are plenty of other places to choose from in the Egg Harbor area that are not a sports bar.. I love chickies and Petes as they are the best Sports bar in america but for some reason the last 2 meets only drew 13 or so cars..
The diner might work, but not Stewarts. There are 20+ of those state-wide and guys won't want to travel to go to a root beer stand.

Having a good parking lot is just one of the requirements.
WildBillyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 10:02 AM   #30
Slow-V6

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildBillyT View Post
The diner might work, but not Stewarts. There are 20+ of those state-wide and guys won't want to travel to go to a root beer stand.

Having a good parking lot is just one of the requirements.

As far as the other requirements.. Its in a good part of town, its pretty much right off of the Turnpike Exit 3, and I will have to check about hanging out..

There is also Tony Lukes Cheese steaks in Turnersville.. Its the same as the one in South Philly just a store in SNJ.. Same thing goes for here. Right off the AC exspressway, nice parking, good area, just have to check on hanging out.

These are just ideas. If you guys think what you are doing is the best, most fair then continue doing it that way. Its nice seeing the same members every month but its also nice to see some members who you have never met before who for whatever reason can not make a 2 hr drive to a meet but could make a 20 min drive to one. I think thats what makes a premier car club. Being able to reach out to the whole state. Meeting new members and having new meets is a way to set yourself apart from the other f-body clubs..
1998 Corvette Convertible, Vararam Intake+Power Duct, Fast 90/90, Ti Axleback..12.8@110
Old 07-03-2012, 10:04 AM   #31
WildBillyT

Quote:
As far as the other requirements.. Its in a good part of town, its pretty much right off of the Turnpike Exit 3, and I will have to check about hanging out..

There is also Tony Lukes Cheese steaks in Turnersville.. Its the same as the one in South Philly just a store in SNJ.. Same thing goes for here. Right off the AC exspressway, nice parking, good area, just have to check on hanging out.

These are just ideas. If you guys think what you are doing is the best, most fair then continue doing it that way. Its nice seeing the same members every month but its also nice to see some members who you have never met before who for whatever reason can not make a 2 hr drive to a meet but could make a 20 min drive to one. I think thats what makes a premier car club. Being able to reach out to the whole state. Meeting new members and having new meets is a way to set yourself apart from the other f-body clubs..
I like this idea. You say it's a good lot? It strikes me as unique enough to get members to drive a bit.
Old 07-03-2012, 10:08 AM   #32
sweetbmxrider
Meet Coordinator

I like a sj cheese steak run. Jeff, you should come up to Duke Island!
Old 07-03-2012, 10:14 AM   #33
Slow-V6

Quote:
I like this idea. You say it's a good lot? It strikes me as unique enough to get members to drive a bit.
Here is there information

Tony Lukes
663 Berlin-Crosskeys Road
Sicklerville, NJ 08081

Phone: (856) 875-8700

Hours: SUN - THU: 11AM-9PM FRI & SAT: 11AM-10PM

I just got off the phone with them and they said they could accomodate a 30+ cars and we could hangout for a couple hours after we eat.. I never been to this location but will drive by it on the way home from work today just to confirm the parking lot size..
Old 07-03-2012, 10:15 AM   #34
Slow-V6

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetbmxrider View Post
I like a sj cheese steak run. Jeff, you should come up to Duke Island!
I am gonna try.. I will deffinatly check out the cruise to the Chick Filet afterwards.. As long as I dont get called into work..
Old 07-03-2012, 10:45 AM   #35
BonzoHansen
Admin.

sounds awesome. we can certainly try a new place next April, and we need a place for the December one. Thanks.

Keep an eye on those other meets. Some of those might be closer than you think!

Feather-light suspension, Konis just couldn't hold. I'm so glad I took a look inside your showroom doors.

Hey everybody, it's good to have you on the Baba-too-da-ba-too-ba-ba-buh-doo-ga-ga-bop-a-dop
Old 07-06-2012, 01:08 AM   #36
BigAls87Z28

I think that the North and South meets need to be at bigger venues to give people more reason to attend. Central meets are easy to get to for everyone. At the farthest, you are half a state away.

Not saying we should, but the NJ Mopar group does 2-3 meets a month, each county getting one.

In the end, there needs to be something to generate more people to come out. Going to some random diner in the fields of south Jersey won't make people fuel up their rides.
Old 07-06-2012, 07:36 AM   #37
BonzoHansen
Admin.

You mean like going to Island in September? Do you have any suggestions?

Old 07-06-2012, 07:41 AM   #38
WildBillyT

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAls87Z28 View Post
I think that the North and South meets need to be at bigger venues to give people more reason to attend. Central meets are easy to get to for everyone. At the farthest, you are half a state away.

Not saying we should, but the NJ Mopar group does 2-3 meets a month, each county getting one.

In the end, there needs to be something to generate more people to come out. Going to some random diner in the fields of south Jersey won't make people fuel up their rides.

Gee, where have I heard this before.
Old 07-06-2012, 08:20 AM   #39
LTb1ow
Mongo the Meet Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonzoHansen View Post
Thats a hike and a half, but why not throw a poll up in the North/South forums for some input on nice places to go.

BLS isn't even from North or a mod/admin and he arranged a pretty sweet meet up North. There has to be similar activities around in the boondocks south of 88 and north of 127.

I know its been discussed before, but a trip to Atco would be fun on a test and tune night, some laid back racing and what not. Or maybe a BBQ similar to Duke but down in atsion area with a cruise around the pine barren area?

Hell, what about some club paintball games? Thats an easy thing to rent out...

Last edited by LTb1ow; 07-06-2012 at 08:21 AM.
LTb1ow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 08:24 AM   #40
Slow-V6

Another cool place to go to is the Silver Diner in Cherry Hill across from the Mall. They do car meets every Sunday evening as well..

I checked out the parking lot @ Tony Lukes yesterday and there is plenty of space for 25-30 cars..

Thats also a Mopar group.. They have all kinds of Mopar cars and trucks showing up I bet. If it were a Dodge charger club they probably wouldnt be doing the same thing..

Last edited by Slow-V6; 07-06-2012 at 08:27 AM.
Old 07-06-2012, 08:34 AM   #41
BonzoHansen
Admin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTb1ow View Post
Thats a hike and a half, but why not throw a poll up in the North/South forums for some input on nice places to go.
No need for a poll without answer to put in the pole. The thread is here, now.

Quote:
BLS isn't even from North or a mod/admin and he arranged a pretty sweet meet up North. There has to be similar activities around in the boondocks south of 88 and north of 127.

I know its been discussed before, but a trip to Atco would be fun on a test and tune night, some laid back racing and what not. Or maybe a BBQ similar to Duke but down in atsion area with a cruise around the pine barren area?

Step up and plan it. Remember the monthly meets need to meet certain criteria. At the core we are a car club and that needs to be considered. Paintball would be a great side deal, but not a monthly meet. Feel free to plan one and post it.

Old 07-06-2012, 08:35 AM   #42
WildBillyT

Quote:

I think the V17 meet was a great idea and I am sorry I could not make it, however I heard the turnout was not so great.

According to the survey, most people want to spend a maximum of $25 for a meet and that limits "coolness" options very much.
Old 07-06-2012, 08:41 AM   #43
BonzoHansen
Admin.

Quote:
According to the survey, most people want to spend a maximum of $25 for a meet and that limits "coolness" options very much.
That is how it always has been so that answer does nto surprise me. When $$ is needed too many people drop out - including half the people that say 'great idea, I'll be there'. And you'll never get prepayment.

Old 07-06-2012, 10:09 AM   #44
KevinW

Well, I will subscribe to this and join in the fun! Here are my random thoughts:

generally people want to drive about an hour, too much more and it becomes a chore instead of a nice ride. (just my .02 )

If you split up NJ into sections starting at Rt195, AC expressway is 1 hr south, Rt 78 is 1 hour north, rt 80 and above is 1 hour (approx) above Rt 78 and anything south of AC expressway is the last section. it generally takes less than an hour to go east vs west.

So how do the meets stack up in that light?

My own issues are whether, you can still see the cars when you go in to eat. Not being able to see my car for a long period of time really erks me (seperation anxiety I guess ) Circus was ok in that regard, texas roadhouse last year (1.5 hour ride for me) was not OK.

I will also keep my eyes open as I hit other cruise nights for a spot. I have more central locations, but I guess we don't want to hear about them

Last edited by KevinW; 07-06-2012 at 10:10 AM.
KevinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 10:20 AM   #45
Slow-V6

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinW View Post
My own issues are whether, you can still see the cars when you go in to eat. Not being able to see my car for a long period of time really erks me (seperation anxiety I guess ) Circus was ok in that regard, texas roadhouse last year (1.5 hour ride for me) was not OK.

I will also keep my eyes open as I hit other cruise nights for a spot. I have more central locations, but I guess we don't want to hear about them

Tony Lukes is all windows so u will be able to watch the cars all you want from inside..

Please list some more Central meets.. I am a SNJ guy but also feel a Centralized meet location everymonth isnt a bad idea because like you said its a hr-1 1/2 hr drive to Central NJ from just about 90 % of the state ( minus extreme south and North and of couse traffic in the Philly and NYC areas)..
Old 07-06-2012, 10:23 AM   #46
BonzoHansen
Admin.

All the meets are in the njfboa meets forum, as well as here: http://www.njfboa.org/events/

we haven't decided on November & December yet. 'Winter' meets are a crap shoot anyway, we used to not even have them.

Old 07-06-2012, 10:35 AM   #47
sweetbmxrider
Meet Coordinator

Quote:
Step up and plan it. Remember the monthly meets need to meet certain criteria. At the core we are a car club and that needs to be considered. Paintball would be a great side deal, but not a monthly meet. Feel free to plan one and post it.
Constructive criticism, what does going to a restaurant have to do with cars? I like to run around and such, not sit at a table for 3 hours. Why I like duke so much
Old 07-06-2012, 10:42 AM   #48
BonzoHansen
Admin.

a place to congregate, a place to park cars, cost is reasonable for most people. we usually spend more time outside anyway, this the requirement about being parked for 3 hours, which rules out a sonic or such.

I love the DIP meet, but we can't really do that every month.

Old 07-06-2012, 10:55 AM   #49
WildBillyT

Quote:
a place to congregate, a place to park cars, cost is reasonable for most people. we usually spend more time outside anyway, this the requirement about being parked for 3 hours, which rules out a sonic or such.

I love the DIP meet, but we can't really do that every month.
Also the issue is that it can be a washout. This year I was unable to secure a permit which means no pavilion (they booked up super early this year, I called in March).
Old 07-06-2012, 11:29 AM   #50
BigAls87Z28

Quote:
Exactly, things like that. I don't know what the south has, or even if there is running water and/or plumbing much less a large venue. There are two tracks down there, and it could be a way for you guys to generate new members with lots of cash to join.

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > NJFBOA Forums > Club and Website Support