Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge

Notices

Old 12-15-2019, 06:32 PM   #1
IROCZman15
10 Second Club / Meet Coordinator

T.E.N. to discontinue MOST paper/printed car enthusiast magazines

Buymmer. I subscribe to 3 of the magazines that are being canceled on this list. (super Chevy, CHP, and Car Craft). I have always enjoyed cutting out paper articles and saving the tech info for the future, as well as cutting out cool car photos and putting them up in the garage. Only Hot Rod mag will remain in print. There is NO way I am going to subscribe to a digital magazine version of anything. No thanks

Read about it here:
https://www.racingjunk.com/news/2019...t%20Newsletter

I also shelled out money for multi-year subscriptions, so I wonder how that is going to be handled? or maybe i'll just loose the $ ? great!

IROCZman15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2019, 07:21 PM   #2
unstable bob gable
American Road Warrior

Bummer. I miss a lot of the mags that are gone already.

1991 Dodge Spirit R/T: Gran'pa lookin' 150+ mph turbo rocket.

2013 Dodge Avenger RT: Wastelands cruiser.

2008 Crown Vic Police Interceptor: 'Nuff said!

THE ONLY THING THAT SUCKS WORSE THEN IMPORTS ARE RICED OUT IMPORTS!!!
unstable bob gable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2019, 06:39 PM   #3
bubba428

MotorTrend on demand is pretty good. I'm not surprised with all the streaming services available. That and you can read anything on the internet
bubba428 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2019, 04:06 PM   #4
edpontiac91

Thumbs down

Another one to go is AUTOWEEK. They are sending the rest of my subscription to Car and Driver. If you got an SUV or (now the darling) Electric POS, your out of luck.

1994 25th ANNIVERSARY TRANS AM GT -1
of ONLY 2,000 made/ Only 128 made with a HURST 6-Speed Manual and 91 with T-Tops and Compact Disc/ K & N Filtercharger/Magnaflow Performance Muffler/Air Foil- ORIGINAL MINT Arctic White Ultra Rare SURVIVOR. DAYTONA 500 PACE CAR Decal Kit!

SOLD: 1989 Turbo T/A in 1991 it ran 12:18@115 mph
edpontiac91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2019, 09:30 AM   #5
IROCZman15
10 Second Club / Meet Coordinator

here is an email I got explaining everything:

TEN: Publishing

After many great years and achievements, Car Craft, Super Chevy, magazines have been discontinued.
The good news is that in their place, you'll receive the digital edition of your choice of MotorTrend, HOT ROD or Four Wheeler magazine along with six months of the world's premier online automotive streaming service, MotorTrend.
MotorTrend's streaming service bring you over 3,500 hours of the best streaming automotive shows and exclusives series including Roadkill, Dirt Every Day, Diesel Brothers, Top Gear, Fast N' Loud, Bitchin' Rides, Hot Rod Garage, Head 2 Head, Wheeler Dealers, Four Wheeler and so much more, including live motorsports. No cable TV account is necessary and you can watch on your favorite devices.
To activate your MotorTrend streaming subscription:
Click Here

To set-up your account and begin streaming
This offer expires 2/29/20
MotorTrend magazine, the world's automotive authority, covers more cars, trucks & SUVs than any other publication and provides extensive automobile buying guide advice for its consumers. MotorTrend Car, Truck, Sport Utility and Person of the Year awards are the industry's most coveted.
HOT ROD magazine brings you the broadest performance car coverage you'll find anywhere. From barn finds, hot rods, rat rods, race cars, home-built super cars, land speed racers, the latest Detroit iron, and classic muscle - if it's hitting the street or dragstrip, you'll read about it in HOT ROD first!
Four Wheeler magazine leads the truck and 4x4 market, by leveraging its long history of editorial expertise. From vehicle evaluation, comprehensive product testing, in-depth technical articles, how-to installation articles, and the latest news and event coverage, Four Wheeler covers it all.
To activate your choice of magazine digital subscription:

IROCZman15 is offline   Reply With Quote

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge