Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > Electrical and Wiring

Notices

Old 05-22-2015, 03:39 PM   #1
FlyingDutchman

Social Networks:

EWP wiring via AIR relay ?

I know there's a thread on ls1tech, but I didn't get the expected results as per post #6 here ...

http://ls1tech.com/forums/lt1-lt4-mo...ump-relay.html

Also, my wires are orange and not brown ? Anyone know what to cut and splice? I numbered the relay terminals on the picture:

1997 Camaro Z28 - 355 LT1, T56, CC503, LTs, ORY, Bald Eagle-back exhaust, !emissions, Lingenfelter CAI, EWP, !CAGS, BMR LCAs, UMI PHB, Koni Str.t/Koni SA, C5 Z06 front / LS1 F-body rear brake swap, factory hurst with short stick

2014 2LT Cruze 2.0 Turbo Diesel
FlyingDutchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 06:26 PM   #2
LTb1ow
Mongo the Meet Coordinator

@ tech thread.

I'll just wait for Adam to explain.
LTb1ow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 06:29 PM   #3
sweetbmxrider
Meet Coordinator

They changed the colors. 30 is battery feed. 87 goes to your accessory, the pump. Gm spliced 86 into 30 so you are going to have to snip that and run it to a wire that has power with key on/running engine. I believe I went to the abs fuse since I removed it. You could splice into it if you are keeping it, we are just sending a signal to the relay to switch. 85 originally goes to the pcm as it sends the ground signal to command the air pump on. This will be permanently grounded to the body wherever you want. If you need clarification or other fun wiring stuff, just ask.
Old 05-22-2015, 08:46 PM   #4
FlyingDutchman

Social Networks:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTb1ow View Post
@ tech thread.

I'll just wait for Adam to explain.
Only referenced because of Adams post lol I like the factory look over a random relay hanging off the body

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetbmxrider View Post
They changed the colors. 30 is battery feed. 87 goes to your accessory, the pump. Gm spliced 86 into 30 so you are going to have to snip that and run it to a wire that has power with key on/running engine. I believe I went to the abs fuse since I removed it. You could splice into it if you are keeping it, we are just sending a signal to the relay to switch. 85 originally goes to the pcm as it sends the ground signal to command the air pump on. This will be permanently grounded to the body wherever you want. If you need clarification or other fun wiring stuff, just ask.
Thanks Adam! Your repsonse is plenty clear enough, I eventually figured it out by setting the relay up outside to figure out what's what, hopefully it works the same when I put it back lol
1997 Camaro Z28 - 355 LT1, T56, CC503, LTs, ORY, Bald Eagle-back exhaust, !emissions, Lingenfelter CAI, EWP, !CAGS, BMR LCAs, UMI PHB, Koni Str.t/Koni SA, C5 Z06 front / LS1 F-body rear brake swap, factory hurst with short stick

Old 05-23-2015, 08:16 AM   #5
sweetbmxrider
Meet Coordinator

Yeah its easy stuff. That is universal for all relays, too.
Old 05-23-2015, 09:01 AM   #6
FlyingDutchman

Social Networks:

Ok, not seeing voltage at #30. Is there a fuse I can check for this that I may have blown ? I have 10-11 volts at 86, (from abs) grounded 85 using one and/or both wires.

Old 05-23-2015, 10:08 AM   #7
FlyingDutchman

Social Networks:

Crisis averted. I blew the fan (25amp) fuse lol

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > Electrical and Wiring