Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > Electrical and Wiring

Notices

Old 12-30-2014, 01:55 AM   #1
jts98z28

dim gauge cluster/ slow turn signals

well i am not sure exactly why but in the past couple weeks it seems as though my gauge cluster lights arent what they used to be, i have recently bought a new red top optima, i have cleaned up and redone all the major grounds in the engine bay and some inside the car, i tested the battery and it stays in the 14's while running, none of my other lights have issues, and the gauges arent completely gone, theyre just dimmer than they used to be no matter if i adjust the actual gauge dimmer or not

i do have the LED bulbs from superbright LEDs and the appropriate flasher, and this problem with the gauges started well after i put them in anyway
the only problem i have had recently is my window motor is starting to die, so im not sure if that is related or not but i have a new pair on the way
i am not really sure where to go from here with the gauges to be honest

now the turn signals have been slow ever since i bought the car in july or sometime around there, they blink but it takes them probably 3-5 seconds to light up and turn off, i read that the flasher could have something to do with it so i bought another one of the electro-mechanical(sp?) flashers and it didnt work, the only thing i can think of as far as where to start with this is to check the voltage on the turn signal bulb when its on and see if its a low voltage issue?
any input on either issue is greatly appreciated
Thanks
jts98z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2014, 06:34 AM   #2
The_Bishop
Power Member

You're on the right track. Also, check all your grounds and the condition of the battery cable contacts.
1998 Z-28 - SLP lid - Ported TB - LS6 Intake - Dynatech SS headers/Catted Y - Magnaflow Exh - 3.42 - Yank SS3600 - UMI weld-in subframe connectors, Adj LCA, Adj PHB, Q1A TA - Bolt-in Relocation Brackets - Strano springs - Koni shocks - 17" C6Z06 wheels - 326HP/335ft-lbs - 12.35 @ 110.41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbirdws6 View Post
I can appreciate a dream but this person needed some real friends.
The_Bishop is offline   Reply With Quote

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > Electrical and Wiring