Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > In Car Entertainment

Notices

Old 09-06-2009, 03:48 AM   #1
vipergtx500

Opinioins on Set Up

Hey guys im looking to upgrade the audio in my car and i've come up with a few options. I'm kinda new to the car audio field so im looking for some advice. I have a Sony CDX-GT310 HU already. I've been doing some research and see that it's better to get the component set up because that's what comes stock and going with just a coxial in the front would be a step down. I also heard though that a 3-way or 4-way coaxial would be good, i'm a little confused about that but this is what i've found so far.

These for the front Alpine SPR-17S
These for the rear SPR-69C I think the size is 6x9 if anyone can correct me please do. I don't think i have the monsoon set up, I have only 1 speaker on each side in the rear hatch, 1 sub in each sail, and 1 speaker/ 1 tweeter in the front on each door. I haven't decided on the sub replacement's yet but would like to stay in the Alpine family. I am not ordering these off Crutchfield I just used the links as references. Any input would be greatly appreciated. thank you

1996 Firebird Formula M6 Black/Ebony
K&N CAI, Flowmaster Catback Exhaust, MGW Short Shifter, DMH cutout, UMI STB and SFC's, LS1 Front Brakes, Tune by Madtuner

1995 Cherokee Sport 4.0L - Stock...for now
vipergtx500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 07:03 AM   #2
V
Stalker

the speakers in the sail panels, those arent subs, i think if you have speakers in the hatch, you have the higher level amped system. and those rear speakers in the hatch arent 6x9s, just the cover are.

i think the proper sail panel size are 6.5

Last edited by V; 09-06-2009 at 07:04 AM.
V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 01:56 PM   #3
vipergtx500

interesting, then i'm guessing id need these SPR-17C. What would i get for the subs in the back then? and would i need to buy an amp for all of this?

K&N CAI, Flowmaster Catback Exhaust, MGW Short Shifter, DMH cutout, UMI STB and SFC's, LS1 Front Brakes, Tune by Madtuner

Last edited by vipergtx500; 09-06-2009 at 01:56 PM.
Old 09-09-2009, 10:48 PM   #4
iroc86NJ

The head unit you have is 17 watts RMS and the component Speakers you've chosen have an operating range of 8-110watts RMS With a Peak of 330.

If you go with those component speakers your either going to have to, step up your head unit to something a good bit more powerful, or you'll have to buy a 4 channel amp to run your speakers off of.

Not to mention a crossover and a 1 channel amp for the subs (if you put in a sub)
iroc86NJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 08:03 PM   #5
vipergtx500

Ok so I've done a little more research and he following is the list of the setup that I want on my car.

[Head Unit] Sony CDX-GT310 (Already on car)
[Fronts] Alpine Type-R SPR-17S Components
[Sail Panels] Elemental Design e3.6 D4 subwoofer in each sail
[Rear Hatch] Stock for now
[Amp] Some 4-channel, need help here not sure which one I need, trying to spend around $100

Any opinions or advice would be greatly appreciated. I'm not sure on which Amp at which power rating would be best. Thanx

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > In Car Entertainment