Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge

Notices

Old 12-15-2014, 12:01 PM   #1
V
Stalker

Body shop good with Corvettes and SMC(like fiberglass)?

I'm looking for a body shop that knows what they are doing when it comes to repairing and prepping SMC (sheet-molded compound).

It's basically what corvettes have been made of since 1973, and the same stuff used on the 4th gens doors, SS hoods, and hatches.

Its not exactly fiberglass and cannot be repaired using the same materials and methods.

I have two body parts that I had planned on doing the work on myself but I have no time. One part requires some structural repair, the other just stripped minor repairs, and then prepped in epoxy primer.

What are some recommended shops that I can trust to do the work?
I'd prefer a place in north jersey, but being that its specific, specialized work, I know I may have to drive a bit.

Last edited by V; 12-15-2014 at 12:08 PM.
V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 06:17 PM   #2
The Fixer

My brother-in-law uses these guys for his collision repairs - http://www.billsvetteshop.com/ . They also restore Vettes - I've seen quite a few over there in my years of driving past there on my way to/from work. Give them a shot!

Former Toy - '88 Monte SS - had lots of mods...
The Fixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2014, 06:40 AM   #3
97Formula

Check out Hunt Auto Body in Fairless Hills PA. Might be a bit far from North NJ, but they specialize in high-end cars (mainly Corvettes and Jags). They did an awesome job repainting my driver door and re-cleared the adjacent panels on my Formula.

http://www.huntautobody.com/
Old 12-16-2014, 02:29 PM   #4
xrelapse13

I've had work done by Alex @ 66Customs, i believe he's on here as 66_Customs. He is the only one I will trust to do body work on my car, and actually planning on doing some custom fiberglass work in the spring, and fully reglassed my friend's door after he got sideswiped by an ambulance and it came out better than the factory door.

He's also located north in Fairfield.

Would gladly shoot you over his number to get in touch with.

2000 ws6

Last edited by xrelapse13; 12-16-2014 at 02:31 PM.
xrelapse13 is offline   Reply With Quote

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge