Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge

Notices

Old 08-06-2010, 10:49 AM   #1
redsoxsstink

Social Networks:

got pulled over...

on rt18 north, right after it drops to 55, he was sitting right behind some weeds. i got tagged doing 70. no tickets becuase of my pba card, didnt run any of info either. if he didnt take any of my info is there anyway anyone will find out? i know technically you are supposed to send the card to the holder if they are confiscated. how many cops actually do that?
2002 Camaro Sunset Orange Mettalic, V6, 5spd, bilstein HD shocks and struts, eibach pro lowering kit, eibach f/r sway bars, lakewood PHB, UMI 2 point subframe connectors, energy suspensions poly master bushing kit
daily econobox and first car

1986 IROC-Z, T56, MGW shifter, Heads, Cam, Holley Stealth Ram 350, t-top, tubular LCA with relo brackets, adjustable PHB, belltech sway bars, ground control weight jacks, SLP mid length headers, 3in w/borla XR1, RIP 3 10 bolts, 12.7 @ 109 so far.. atleast its faster than stock SOLD

1971 Camaro LS3/T56/9in, cam only and still carbed, RIP 2 10 bolts, 11.62@121

03 Blazer 2 door - salt sponge
redsoxsstink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 11:23 AM   #2
maroman88
12 Second Club

why are u worried someone will find out... they dont hafta take the card, or do anything
97 Trans Am WS6
98 Blazer ZR2
00 Corvette
04 CTS-V
07 Sublime Charger Daytona
10 Tahoe SSV
12 Tahoe LT
17 Malibu LT
maroman88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 11:32 AM   #3
BigAls87Z28

Cant believe an Etown/TF cop let you go. Every time I have been pulled over with a PBA card in those areas, they laugh.
Old 08-06-2010, 11:39 AM   #4
redsoxsstink

Social Networks:

because i will lose the car because my dad wont pay the insurance, so im freaking out a bit. idk where the cop was from, he was in a unmarked car and i wasnt looking around.
2002 Camaro Sunset Orange Mettalic, V6, 5spd, bilstein HD shocks and struts, eibach pro lowering kit, eibach f/r sway bars, lakewood PHB, UMI 2 point subframe connectors, energy suspensions poly master bushing kit

1986 IROC-Z, T56, MGW shifter, Heads, Cam, Holley Stealth Ram 350, t-top, tubular LCA with relo brackets, adjustable PHB, belltech sway bars, ground control weight jacks, SLP mid length headers, 3in w/borla XR1, RIP 3 10 bolts, 12.7 @ 109 so far.. atleast its faster than stock SOLD

Old 08-06-2010, 11:49 AM   #5
ap2000z28

He has your information, well I should say the registered owners info, just from your reg on the vehicle. Did he confiscate the PBA card you produced? As long as you were respectful, judging from your post you were as you did not receive a summons, you will be fine.
ENGINE: SLP Lid, LM2,

ap2000z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 11:54 AM   #6
wrong generation

Social Networks:

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsoxsstink View Post
because i will lose the car because my dad wont pay the insurance, .
if you want to drive shouldnt you pay your own insurance ?? and if the car was in your name you wouldnt have to worry about losing it.
wrong generation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 11:57 AM   #7
redsoxsstink

Social Networks:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ap2000z28 View Post
He has your information, well I should say the registered owners info, just from your reg on the vehicle. Did he confiscate the PBA card you produced? As long as you were respectful, judging from your post you were as you did not receive a summons, you will be fine.
yea he took none of my info and did put anything into the computer, he walked up to my car did his thing gave my stuff back and to the card and drove off. and yes zeek, i should be paying for my own things, but the fact is my dad is because he wants to pay if for me.

Old 08-06-2010, 12:20 PM   #8
69BirdX
12 Second Club

If he took the card hes most likely going to find out where the card of the officer works and call him. But he doesnt have to give the card back and has the right to take it
'04 Pontiac GTO....Sunday Funday Special

69BirdX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 12:24 PM   #9
LTb1ow
Mongo the Meet Coordinator

Isn't it 65mph there? Or is it 55? Not that huge of a deal better to tell your dad before he finds out and thinks you tried to hide it....
LTb1ow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 12:25 PM   #10
redsoxsstink

Social Networks:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69BirdX View Post
If he took the card hes most likely going to find out where the card of the officer works and call him. But he doesnt have to give the card back and has the right to take it
i really dont care abt the him taking the card. i can get another, one from a former chief of police so. i just want to know the chances of the card getting back to the dectective i got it from

Old 08-06-2010, 12:26 PM   #11
Blacdout96

you were doing 70 cause?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAls87Z28 View Post
Uh yeah, after they surprized buttsecks us at Pearl Harbor?
Blacdout96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 12:29 PM   #12
redsoxsstink

Social Networks:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacdout96 View Post
you were doing 70 cause?
cause that was the flow of traffic and the speed limit was 65, he was sitting maybe 100yards into the area where it dropped to 55

Old 08-06-2010, 12:49 PM   #13
baddest434
8 Second Club

must have been right after where rt.9 exits off 18. i see them sitting behind the bushes there all the time. the limit drops from 65 to 55 in that area.
baddest434 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 12:56 PM   #14
redsoxsstink

Social Networks:

Quote:
Originally Posted by baddest434 View Post
must have been right after where rt.9 exits off 18. i see them sitting behind the bushes there all the time. the limit drops from 65 to 55 in that area.
exactly. thats the first cop ive ever seen on that part of 18

Old 08-06-2010, 01:23 PM   #15
79T/A

Ah, the memories! My dad was a cop long before I was, and gave me his card. The first time I got pulled over, the cop ripped me a new one with several colorful phrases for emphasis (This was before in-car cameras) and followed it up with "I'm sending the card to your father!" I spent months waiting for the axe to fall, but it never did. My guess is the cop had a chuckle at my expense and then threw the card out at the end of his shift. Or stuck it in a map pocket or somewhere else in the car and forgot about it. Whatever the case, I had a few sleepless nights over that one, and couldn't drive without constantly checking my speedometer every few seconds. I got lucky. But these days, you never know. Everything's about the computer now. If he stopped you, he ran the plate. Chances are he could've put it in the computer that he stopped you and gave you a warning, which will show up every time someone runs your plate (If they happen to use the same computer system).

What's supposed to happen is the cop is supposed to give the card to his/her union delegate, who will then take it to the monthly delegates' meeting where they give them back to the delegate of the agency the card came from, and then ultimately that delegate returns it to the cop. What usually happens is that the cop takes it, then sticks it somewhere in the car and forgets about it. But you never know.

IMHO, rather than go through what I did, I would just tell dad and get it over with. You didn't actually get a ticket, so the card did what it was supposed to. I think that most dads are realists (Being a father of two boys, one almost ready to drive, the other only driving Hot Wheels and Matchbox cars for now) and understand that if their son is driving a nice car, he's gonna get pulled over sooner or later. Better he find out from you than someone else later on. It may draw immediate consequences and some hollerin', but it will be far worse if he knows you were hiding it. Might actually build some trust and credibility in your character. Just my two cents.
79T/A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 02:29 PM   #16
Blacdout96

Just be honest, tell him what happened, but one thing stnds out in your story. you said you were moving with the flow of traffic at 70, if thats the case, why did he pull you over, and not a car infront or behind you? that doesnt make sense.

Quote:
Old 08-06-2010, 02:38 PM   #17
sweetbmxrider
Meet Coordinator

yeah i would definitely tell your father. its almost speed entrapment from the way you put it but just be honest and happy you got a smack of realization in the head.

edit: blacdout, young kid in a bright colored sports car? hrm......

Last edited by sweetbmxrider; 08-06-2010 at 02:39 PM.
sweetbmxrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 02:58 PM   #18
Blacdout96

It just sounds like he was doing something more then just being in a sports car that made him stand out form the traffic. I understand profiling, but if he's got loud exhaust, or held a gear out to sound the high RPMs, of course he'll stand out like a sore thumb lol. I don't think a cop would waste his time, picking his way through traffic just to get to him and pull him over, just to turn around and not even give him a warning in the end....

Quote:

Last edited by Blacdout96; 08-06-2010 at 02:59 PM.
Old 08-06-2010, 03:59 PM   #19
Firebird92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacdout96 View Post
It just sounds like he was doing something more then just being in a sports car that made him stand out form the traffic. I understand profiling, but if he's got loud exhaust, or held a gear out to sound the high RPMs, of course he'll stand out like a sore thumb lol. I don't think a cop would waste his time, picking his way through traffic just to get to him and pull him over, just to turn around and not even give him a warning in the end....
happen to me i was in the middle lane going 50 on cruise control no tints , stock exhaust t-top off playing "can't drive 55" . on route 1 down by new Brunswick , out of nowhere a car jumps the curb then flies up in my lane so i get over as quick as i can, lights come on undercover charger ....like ok what i do, he gave me a 3 tickets improper lane change (i was like you came up behind me like a mad man i was on going 50), a ticket for illegal modification for my t-top he said i cut the roof of the car ... like WOW ok tell the other 13000+ firebird that was made with t-top, ... then careless driving i was like WOW all this for what i went to court and got them all dropped and said the cop was profiling (black male in a red sports car) i had to be up to no good right ....
Firebird92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 05:50 PM   #20
NJ Torque
11 Second Club

Social Networks:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firebird92 View Post
happen to me i was in the middle lane going 50 on cruise control no tints , stock exhaust t-top off playing "can't drive 55" . on route 1 down by new Brunswick , out of nowhere a car jumps the curb then flies up in my lane so i get over as quick as i can, lights come on undercover charger ....like ok what i do, he gave me a 3 tickets improper lane change (i was like you came up behind me like a mad man i was on going 50), a ticket for illegal modification for my t-top he said i cut the roof of the car ... like WOW ok tell the other 13000+ firebird that was made with t-top, ... then careless driving i was like WOW all this for what i went to court and got them all dropped and said the cop was profiling (black male in a red sports car) i had to be up to no good right ....

North Brunswick I'm assuming? Under the RT130 bridge?

2008 Sierra Vortec Max. 6.2 swapped, headers, Magnaflow catback, GMPP CAI, NHT optioned tow package.

2006 GTO, 11.48 @ 118.3
NJ Torque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 06:38 PM   #21
Brendan713

(black male in a red sports car) i had to be up to no good right ....[/QUOTE]

i love it lol and Blackdout red camaro, jealous cop is a possibility. I had a incident one time and a cop saw my black 95 Z28 and he spent like 15 minutes talking to me about the car it was pretty funny to be honest.
95 Z28 Camaro Sold I want to sell the IROC and get the 95 back or something a year or two off
87 IROC-Z28 Camaro
Brendan713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 06:40 PM   #22
redsoxsstink

Social Networks:

My car is un modded my t tops weren't off I wAsn't out of gear. I was in the flow of traffic so he prolly was profling, bt idk why he didn't ticket me then, maybe it was my card or my friendly attitude that got me out of it idk I don't really care

Old 08-07-2010, 05:40 PM   #23
IROCZman15
10 Second Club / Meet Coordinator

cops dont always give tickets. its not something anyone is required to do. its an option the officer has. lots of times a pba or fop card helps, but not if you are involved in a serious or somewhat serious driving violation. dont worry so muhc. the officer probably will never think about that traffic stop again. if he gave you a warning, thats where it ends.

IROCZman15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 06:34 PM   #24
edpontiac91

What ever happened to having a RADAR DETECTOR in your cars. I have an ESCORT SOLO (battery powered so no cord shows) and clip it onto my passenger sunvisor and it really takes a load off your mind not having to check your speed every minute. Just don't be an AHOLE and abuse it by thinking it will save your ass, because it will NOT work with LASER!

1994 25th ANNIVERSARY TRANS AM GT -1
of ONLY 2,000 made/ Only 128 made with a HURST 6-Speed Manual and 91 with T-Tops and Compact Disc/ K & N Filtercharger/Magnaflow Performance Muffler/Air Foil- ORIGINAL MINT Arctic White Ultra Rare SURVIVOR. DAYTONA 500 PACE CAR Decal Kit!

SOLD: 1989 Turbo T/A in 1991 it ran 12:18@115 mph
edpontiac91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 10:07 PM   #25
redsoxsstink

Social Networks:

Quote:
Originally Posted by edpontiac91 View Post
What ever happened to having a RADAR DETECTOR in your cars. I have an ESCORT SOLO (battery powered so no cord shows) and clip it onto my passenger sunvisor and it really takes a load off your mind not having to check your speed every minute. Just don't be an AHOLE and abuse it by thinking it will save your ass, because it will NOT work with LASER!
unless someone wants to me me theirs, im not spending $300 bucks on one... and your right it wont save my ass, it will only garentee my ass and ticket if i get pulled over regardless of a pba card

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge