Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > Transmission and Driveline

Notices

Old 08-21-2011, 06:16 PM   #1
Gio93z

auto trans TCC problem - possible 6sp swap

Is there a simple way to explain what may be involved in regards to swapping my A4 to a t56 6sp. All the manual trans' I've seen are descrbing 94 - 97 LT1's. I have a 93: is that different. i'm probably opening up a can of worms but I spent 5k on a trans from Level 10 about 2 years ago. i've put about 5k miles on it and since day one it has been back and forth with problems. I've about had enough so that's why Im looking towards manual.

I'm sure there is a thread about details regarding the swap over if anyone has a link. Thanks very much.
Old 08-21-2011, 06:27 PM   #2
Gio93z

found a good link from a prior thread - seems worse than i thought it would be - **screwed**
Old 08-21-2011, 06:46 PM   #3
Gio93z

i happen to have a tremec out of a 2010 zr1 corvette - will the body of that trans work assuming a get the correct bell housing and tail shaft??
Old 08-21-2011, 07:03 PM   #4
BonzoHansen
Admin.

no, that won't work cleanly at all. in the end getting a whole LT1 car T56 setup will be much cheaper & easier.

The looser the waistband, the deeper the quicksand. Or so I have read.

Feather-light suspension, Konis just couldn't hold. I'm so glad I took a look inside your showroom doors.

Hey everybody, it's good to have you on the Baba-too-da-ba-too-ba-ba-buh-doo-ga-ga-bop-a-dop
BonzoHansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 07:27 PM   #5
Gio93z

yea i figured as much - ....i've had the most obnoxious trans issues ever since i had the trans redone at level 10 2 years ago - between hunting and searching for gears, quick and or delayed upshifts and TCC engagement at incorrect times and irractic times - i have had enough and just want to find some kind of solution - i work for chevy, though i dont do transmissions, i still have knowledge of what i am doing burt cannot for the life of me understand what the hell is going on - 383 with a blower and the car is useless to drive - at this point i would rather just put a stock 4L60 back in the car
Old 08-21-2011, 08:42 PM   #6
MarshallWS6
Banned

Is it tuned for the trans???
MarshallWS6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 10:07 PM   #7
Gio93z

tcc sol. and temp switch were bad - brought it back and since i put the blower on he increased line pressure and rigged up the tcc sol. some odd way - - i just spoke to him and he is going to run the tcc sol. off the vss instead of tps/engine load like it is now - so friday i am going up there and changing the set-up......once the car is driving more consistantly then i have things set up with someone in regards of burning a new chip for the overall vehicle set-up according to all the parameters from live data we load into the laptop on the test drives. Regardless, i'll know more friday morning.

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > Transmission and Driveline