Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > General Tech

Notices

Old 04-05-2012, 03:53 PM   #1
2kblackgtp

Good exhaust shops in Jersey for TD's?

My exhaust plans have changed for the millionth time. I originally wanted an exhaust that sounded good(have a B&B, thought about buying a spintech), but kept hearing about how bad they flow. Unfortunately, I hate how everything that flows good sounds except a magnaflow which is just entirely too quiet to me.

Before people say Mufflex is the shop to use, I was banking on them doing the job and they actually told me they wouldn't. They said they wouldn't do an over the axle setup because of ground clearance and over the axle clearance. So I'm looking for another great muffler shop to do an over the axle true dual setup for me.

I'm looking to chop the end of my 3" y and replace it with a 3" X, reduce it down to 2.5", and run it over the axle. I'm not picky on where the mufflers should go, but I want to use borla stingers so I'd think it shouldn't be hard to get them right behind the tips anyhow. This is going on a car with stock springs and on bilsteins and hasn't been hose modded, with a panhard relocation bar so clearance should be about as good as it can be(which is why I was surprised mufflex refused, plenty of people are running TD's and are happy with them) Thanks
Old 04-05-2012, 03:55 PM   #2
WildBillyT
Ayatollah of Rock N Rolla / Admin

I have a contact up in Woodbridge that Ltb1ow used a few months ago.
WildBillyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 04:09 PM   #3
LTb1ow
Mongo the Meet Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildBillyT View Post
I have a contact up in Woodbridge that Ltb1ow used a few months ago.
Yup, great guy, but when I was there he was not able to bend 3" pipe.

I essentially dropped him off a box of junk and said here, make this work. He spent the day on it, and yea ground clearance was not the best, but again, I had large, real mufflers on it but the price was great.

I would shoot him a call, and see what he can do with bending stuff, as I am sure he can go a much tighter job if he can actually bend pipes to what he wants. That was prob the best sounding exhaust I had on the car, and did not make a single rattle at all, which was prob the best part.

Some pics of mine

Last edited by LTb1ow; 04-05-2012 at 04:10 PM.
LTb1ow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 04:23 PM   #4
NJ Torque
11 Second Club

Social Networks:

Magnaflow with your cam will sound good and be loud enough, Rob...

2008 Sierra Vortec Max. 6.2 swapped, headers, Magnaflow catback, GMPP CAI, NHT optioned tow package.

2006 GTO, 11.48 @ 118.3
NJ Torque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 04:41 PM   #5
coolmanvette75
12 Second Club / Bullwinkle

Thrust performance in sayreville did mine. Brought them the summit xpipe kit and they made it work. Great price tio. Will post pics tonight
Originally Posted by Jersey Mike View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by WSex View Post
who is FFB?
An NJFBOA legend. Ask about him at the next meet.
coolmanvette75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 12:49 PM   #6
NastyEllEssWon

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2kblackgtp View Post
My exhaust plans have changed for the millionth time. I originally wanted an exhaust that sounded good(have a B&B, thought about buying a spintech), but kept hearing about how bad they flow. Unfortunately, I hate how everything that flows good sounds except a magnaflow which is just entirely too quiet to me.

Before people say Mufflex is the shop to use, I was banking on them doing the job and they actually told me they wouldn't. They said they wouldn't do an over the axle setup because of ground clearance and over the axle clearance. So I'm looking for another great muffler shop to do an over the axle true dual setup for me.

I'm looking to chop the end of my 3" y and replace it with a 3" X, reduce it down to 2.5", and run it over the axle. I'm not picky on where the mufflers should go, but I want to use borla stingers so I'd think it shouldn't be hard to get them right behind the tips anyhow. This is going on a car with stock springs and on bilsteins and hasn't been hose modded, with a panhard relocation bar so clearance should be about as good as it can be(which is why I was surprised mufflex refused, plenty of people are running TD's and are happy with them) Thanks

the trans am i had a few years back had an over the axle, xpiped td setup that ive never seen before, maybe it'll help in figuring out what you want to do. i cant say much for flow as ive never dynoed the car, but it did sound good, especially with the magnaflows. im sure if they fit under there with the 9'' in there, a 10 bolt equipped car should be no problem...on a side note, they even caught the driveshaft, when it snapped, in between lol

off car

on car

Last edited by NastyEllEssWon; 04-06-2012 at 12:51 PM.
NastyEllEssWon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 02:23 PM   #7
RiggsLW81

pm sent with shop info..

Another trip inside the acid bath..no salvation and the grave is coming fast..
RiggsLW81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 04:45 PM   #8
2kblackgtp

Thanks for all the responses guys, I'm gonna make a few calls tomorrow to see who seems to have good plans and prices

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > General Tech