Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Classified Forums > Classifieds Forums > Wanted To Buy - Automotive

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 06-17-2014, 08:59 PM   #1
EddieB

Exclamation Need help finding parts 98-02 firebird

Ok gentlemen and ladies. I somehow wedged my car between a powerpole and a guy wire. Insurance is most likely going to total the car and i am going to attempt to buy it back and repair the car myself.

The frame on the car is fine. The pole hit right on my driver side headlight and completely missed my front bumper support, it did rip the foam absorber which I will replace. Anyway to make a long story short I damaged almost every panel most superficial but some needs a lot of work or replacing.

These are the parts im going to be hunting for. If you have any willing to sell or know a place I can get them at please let me know. Also if you know of any u-pull-it places that have a firebird let me know too cuz I might have to do that for some structure parts in the list.

I Have a 2000 Black T/A WS6 so black parts preferred but definitely not required

Parts needed(Priority):
drivers side headlight assembly aquired but still looking for black lid
drivers side tail light aquired
drivers driving/turn light housing (low)
T/A front bumper (High)
T/A Rear bumper acquired
WS6 Hood (medium)
T/A spoiler aquired
Both fenders both acquired but still looking for black passenger

Structural Parts:
Radiator support aquired
header panel aquired
The rails that go from windshield to headlights that fenders bolt onto both sides acquired
Spot welded panel under fuse boxes aquired
various small brackets by drivers headlight area acquired
Drivers Side rear quarter with gas door assembly aquired

**unsure if any of these parts are interchangeable with Camaros or 92-97 f-bodys**

Any info on interchangeability and sourcing of these parts would be appreciated, also if you have any parts laying around and are willing to sell please let me know!

Last edited by EddieB; 06-20-2014 at 07:15 PM.
Old 06-18-2014, 10:19 AM   #2
sweetbmxrider
Meet Coordinator

http://www.njfboa.org/forums/showthread.php?t=58747

Interested? Would sell whole after everyone involved agrees on it and the price. It isn't everything you need but there is some structure and body panels there.

PM a mod if you don't have "access" to the forum/thread.
Old 06-18-2014, 06:19 PM   #3
EddieB

Unfortunately I don't have access to view that thread, Im PMing a mod.

Im currently trying to negotiate with my insurance to try to keep the salvage rights of the car. They already wanted to tow it to their salvage area to appraise the car there and I put a stop to that by informing them in my stance on keeping it. Since the car is under a lein and I still owe 7750 on it they said I would have to pay the car off in order to obtain a salvage title. I figuring that's a tactic for them to try to payoff the car so they don't have to pay the extra for the loan/lease payoff. Their trying to save their money too.

I have progressive with full coverage with the loan/lease payoff option. So im guessing at min they are required to pay 7250 after my 500 deductible.

Anyways long story short I want to negotiate with them by adding another 2k on top of my deductible to pay off the loan for the car and just sign off the salvage rights to me. they will save 2k and the cost for towing it 50 miles, auction fees, storage, man hours tied into the whole process.

If anybody has any stories on their experiences with insurance claim it would be GREATLY appreciated, the more knowledge I have the better!

Last edited by EddieB; 06-18-2014 at 06:47 PM. Reason: updating
Old 06-19-2014, 07:17 AM   #4
sweetbmxrider
Meet Coordinator

You have the right to buy it back before they auction it off. Don't let them bully you. The car can stay wherever it is and an adjuster has to come look at it in person. This is the game they play all in the effort to save them money. I hope its at a body shop that charges storage. Anyways, don't offer them 2k. They will give you a buy back price and my guess would be its under that. I don't know anything about the lease portion though.
Old 06-20-2014, 07:04 PM   #5
EddieB

Update, I have officially kept the car, so my repair operation is set to full steam. I am also updating my list above as I have acquired a most of the parts.

Last edited by EddieB; 06-20-2014 at 07:08 PM.
Closed Thread

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Classified Forums > Classifieds Forums > Wanted To Buy - Automotive

Tags
bumper, fender, headlight, hood, tailight