Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > In Car Entertainment

Notices

Old 04-02-2006, 12:45 PM   #1
casketcrewchick

Social Networks:

Angry Inline fuse keeps blowing??????

I have 4 gauge wiring (knu Konceptz), 40amp fuse and all was well til about 3 weeks ago. I havent been able to figure this out and today I am totally stumped about it.

I checked ALL connections to my amp and I even took everything off of it then rewired it back together... then I put a new 40amp fuse in the fuse holder. Right when i turned the radio on I had no bass... so i look and the fuse blew again. Do you think I should take out my Alpine headunit and check in there? Could it be the RCAs at all??? They are blue and inside in one spot it looks brown for some reason and i dont know how it would get discolored. Could it be the gain on the amp or any of those little knobs???

All of the fuses are fine in the amp itself. I dont see any kinds of cuts or even crimps in my 4gauge power wire. I thought maybe the power and the remote somehow touched and that it was the reason for the blown fuse.

Maybe its the amp???? Sony (ugh) xpold 1600 watt mono sub amp (grey hexagon shape). I dont have the model number sorry. I wanted to try the 600 watt kenwood I have but my back was hurting so i stopped.

Any help would be appreciated... remember.. I have had this set up for a while now and i havent a clue why it just stopped working. Thanks.
Supercharged 2000 Corvette... 6 speed... went from stock to- ECS supercharger kit, MGW Shifter, American Racing Headers, Corsa Extreme, BC Forged HCA 161 wheels fixed headlights, Corbeau A4 seats, lots of LED and cosmetic upgrades. visit my instagram for more @leetwraps or @leet13

98 Firebird V6 A4 sold
casketcrewchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 04:30 PM   #2
V
Stalker

ok, try this. First, un-hook the RCAs and the remote wire, then replace the fuse. Next, turn on the radio, but leave the amp remote wire and RCAs disconnected. Now check the fuse, it should still be, if not, theres a cut somewhere in the main power wire. If the fuse was still good, turn everythign off and reconnect the remote turn on wire at the amp. Now turn the radio on. check to see if the amp is on. If the fuse blows now, the problem is mopst likely in the amp itself, since its shorting out interanlly when trying to turn on. BUt if the fuse was still fine after that, now turn everythign off again and reconnect the RCAs. turn it back on. if it blows now, then there is somehing wrong with the rca wires and i would replace those. Thats the easiest way to try to go step by step to figure it out. My SS system did the exact thing and tunred out to be an internal amp issue.
V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 08:01 PM   #3
IcemanSS

I agree. It could be your, um Xplod..
Outlaw Motorsports of South Florida Founder #1
http://olms.11.forumer.com/
IcemanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 08:33 PM   #4
casketcrewchick

Social Networks:

Great idea... why the hell didnt I think of that???? If its the amp (which I suspect... I hate sony and only bought it cause it was cheap on ebay... and my friend has one and no probs) then I will get another one someday soon.

Thanks guys. I get to play with this tomorrow on my lunch break. LOL I will bring my old ass kenwood along and if all else fails, at least i will get a little thump out of that one.

Oh yeah. this kid at work is great with electronics.. if the amp is busted (and i hope it is) he said he would take a peek inside and see if he sees any burnt areas.
Supercharged 2000 Corvette... 6 speed... went from stock to- ECS supercharger kit, MGW Shifter, American Racing Headers, Corsa Extreme, BC Forged HCA 161 wheels fixed headlights, Corbeau A4 seats, lots of LED and cosmetic upgrades. visit my instagram for more @leetwraps or @leet13

98 Firebird V6 A4 sold
casketcrewchick is offline   Reply With Quote

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > In Car Entertainment