Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > In Car Entertainment

Notices

Old 03-17-2005, 04:13 PM   #1
karr95

Stock Amp in 4th Gen?

Do 4th gen F-cars have any kind of stock amplifier besides anything built into the headunit?

The reason why I ask is I wanna get a new headunit for my 95TA and the headunits come 35x4, 40x4, etc. but the car has 10 speakers. I am curious how everything gets split up and where it draws power from.

Thanks
karr95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2005, 04:34 PM   #2
Pampered-Z
Sliderule / Moderator

If the 95s are like the 93s,,,,

If you have the Bose unit then each speaker has it's own amp, they are mounted with the speaker.

I don't think you can mix head units or speakers. If you change the head unit you have to change the speakers too.

I tried mixing polk speakers with my Bose and it didn't work, hardly and sound at all!
93Z M6 Black: The 385 Lives! Supercharged, 3-core front mount intercooler, GTP heads, 3:73's, Street twin clutch, Jethot Longtubes, Mufflex 4" catback/spintech, S+W cage, Spohn Suspenion, Yada Yada Yada

1) Build it
2) Race it
3) Break it
4) Repeat!!!
Pampered-Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2005, 09:04 PM   #3
V
Stalker

The monsoon systems in the late 4th gens have a main amp right in front of the antenna bracket
V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2005, 01:06 PM   #4
Injuneer

John -The Z's an the T/A's are different, only the Z's got the Bose with the speaker/integrated amps. The T/A system is "conventional".

In the T/A 10-speaker factory system, the is a small amplifier in the back for the subs in the plastic panels next to the rear seats. Â*In my 94, the amp (not much bigger than a pack of cigarettes) was located in a small pocket in the sheetmetal, on the passenger side, near where the passengers feet would be and the edge of the door opening. Â*You have to pull the side plastic interior panel to get to it.

1994 Formula - 381ci / 300-shot N2O / TH400 / Gear Vendor OD / Strange 12-bolt 4.11 - 11.5@117 on straight motor
Injuneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2005, 01:25 PM   #5
karr95

Thanks for the replys on this guys.

What I want to do is replace the speakers in my doors and the ones that are in the backseat. I also want to get a new headunit. I wanna make sure I have all my ducks in a row before I start buying things and taking things apart.
karr95 is offline   Reply With Quote

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > In Car Entertainment