Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge

Notices

Old 01-27-2009, 11:53 AM   #76
NastyEllEssWon

1. Something, such as a machine or an engine, that produces or imparts motion.
2. A device that converts any form of energy into mechanical energy, especially an internal-combustion engine or an arrangement of coils and magnets that converts electric current into mechanical power.
3. A motor vehicle, especially an automobile:

the deffinition has been modified for modern terms. you old people need to get your noses out the air and realize that if GMMG made the panel for the berger modified camaros then it can be called a berger panel. its not like theyre calling it a ss396 panel. theyre getting their definition from a MODERN DAY DEALER MODIFICATION that gets it as a nod toward the old school tail panels. its easier than saying OLD SCHOOL BLACKED OUT TAIL PANEL RECALLING THE OLD BIG BLOCK BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH.

i know its commonly called brake fluid and transmission fluid but i have a habit of calling them all oil. brake oil. trans oil. rear oil. its a habit.
NastyEllEssWon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 11:56 AM   #77
BigAls87Z28

Berger copied the style of the blacked out pannels of big block cars.
There is no other way around it. You can continue to call it Berger pannel since you are trying to mimic the design of thier blacked out pannel that was in fact derived from the blacked out tail pannels on Chevy big block SS cars.
Old 01-27-2009, 12:41 PM   #78
Knipps

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAls87Z28 View Post
GMMG didnt call it a Berger pannel, the clueless 4th genners collectively gave it that name due to the fact that Berger cars had this black out pannel that was in fact something that GMMG/Berger put on thier 4th gens to pay homage to the big block muscle Chevy's of the future.

So Cliffs?
4th genners dont know thier history
Old people want the young people to understand history
4th genners are ignorant

Thirdgens come factory with "Berger" pannels.
Call me ignorant all you want but I know you can't pay homage to the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonzoHansen View Post
dumbass.
Knipps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 01:35 PM   #79
sweetbmxrider
Meet Coordinator

its a 4th gen camaro thing, you old dudes just don't understand.

it is much easier to say berger panel instead of blacked out tail panel and people know exactly what you are talking about then. it is proper terminology because berger chevy sold these cars exclusively, plus our panel goes under our tail lights. it is nothing like a 1st gen.
Old 01-27-2009, 01:50 PM   #80
WildBillyT
Ayatollah of Rock N Rolla / Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetbmxrider View Post

it is much easier to say berger panel instead of blacked out tail panel and people know exactly what you are talking about then. it is proper terminology because berger chevy sold these cars exclusively, plus our panel goes under our tail lights. it is nothing like a 1st gen.
That part of your car is a tail panel. It is ridiculous to call it anything else. What would you call it if it wasn't blacked out? You would still call that part of the car a "Berger Panel"? And by that logic, it shouldn't be an SS hood on the SS- it should be an SLP hood?
WildBillyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 01:51 PM   #81
Knipps

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildBillyT View Post
That part of your car is a tail panel. It is ridiculous to call it anything else. What would you call it if it wasn't blacked out? You would still call that part of the car a "Berger Panel"? And by that logic, it shouldn't be an SS hood on the SS- it should be an SLP hood?
But then we'd have to call milk cow-juice!

Quote:
dumbass.
Old 01-27-2009, 02:10 PM   #82
BonzoHansen
Admin.

Quote:

Perhaps there is the crux of the issue. You are saying young people are too lazy to learn or use the correct terminology? Is that your argument? Great. Society FTL. I wonder if that same young dude gets pissy when a guy with a first gen stops talking to them because they sound so stupid?

"plus our panel goes under our tail lights" – What? In both my cars the tail panel goes under the lights, and in fact goes all the way around the 67 lights.

The space between the tail lights is the tail panel, regardless of construction method. My 77 and 67 certainly both have tail panels. You just can’t unbolt them.

The looser the waistband, the deeper the quicksand. Or so I have read.

Feather-light suspension, Konis just couldn't hold. I'm so glad I took a look inside your showroom doors.

Hey everybody, it's good to have you on the Baba-too-da-ba-too-ba-ba-buh-doo-ga-ga-bop-a-dop
BonzoHansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 02:15 PM   #83
HardcoreZ28

Quote:
Originally Posted by NastyEllEssWon View Post
1. Something, such as a machine or an engine, that produces or imparts motion.
2. A device that converts any form of energy into mechanical energy, especially an internal-combustion engine or an arrangement of coils and magnets that converts electric current into mechanical power.
3. A motor vehicle, especially an automobile:

the deffinition has been modified for modern terms. you old people need to get your noses out the air and realize that if GMMG made the panel for the berger modified camaros then it can be called a berger panel. its not like theyre calling it a ss396 panel. theyre getting their definition from a MODERN DAY DEALER MODIFICATION that gets it as a nod toward the old school tail panels. its easier than saying OLD SCHOOL BLACKED OUT TAIL PANEL RECALLING THE OLD BIG BLOCK BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH.

i know its commonly called brake fluid and transmission fluid but i have a habit of calling them all oil. brake oil. trans oil. rear oil. its a habit.

HAHAHA come on....I know I'm engaged and have a house and a job but when the hell did I somehow slip into the "old guy" category? I'm only 27 for God's sake!

Oh and don't forget about your blinker oil

1989 IROC-Z Media Coverage:
Chevy High Performance - Readers Rides 4/03
GM High Tech Performance - Tech Article 3/06
Chevy Rumble - Tech & Feature Articles November 2006
Auto Restorer Magazine - Feature Article 5/11
SkinAndSteel.com
HardcoreZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 02:23 PM   #84
FIcamaroRE92

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAls87Z28 View Post
GMMG didnt call it a Berger pannel, the clueless 4th genners collectively gave it that name due to the fact that Berger cars had this black out pannel that was in fact something that GMMG/Berger put on thier 4th gens to pay homage to the big block muscle Chevy's of the future.

So Cliffs?
4th genners dont know thier history
Old people want the young people to understand history
4th genners are ignorant

Thirdgens come factory with "Berger" pannels.
how so?, do you mean the black part between the tail lights and before the license plate?
01 Cherokee Sport -4 1/2'' lift 32'' goodyear duratracs
roofrack and other useless off road stuff
WTB: '71 Dodge Demon 340 project car
FIcamaroRE92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 02:23 PM   #85
sweetbmxrider
Meet Coordinator

exactly enjoy what is left of social security btw

tell ya what, i'll start calling it a dick harrell panel. argue that.
Old 01-27-2009, 02:25 PM   #86
Knipps

Quote:
exactly enjoy what is left of social security btw

tell ya what, i'll start calling it a dick harrell panel. argue that.
Couldn't we trim that to Dick panel?

Quote:
dumbass.
Old 01-27-2009, 02:26 PM   #87
BonzoHansen
Admin.

Quote:
*We determined GMMG did not in fact use the term Berger Panel. So if they don't why do you?

*Idiots do call non-4th gen, and even non-black 4th gen, tail panels 'berger panels' I've heard both.

Feather-light suspension, Konis just couldn't hold. I'm so glad I took a look inside your showroom doors.

Hey everybody, it's good to have you on the Baba-too-da-ba-too-ba-ba-buh-doo-ga-ga-bop-a-dop
Old 01-27-2009, 02:28 PM   #88
sweetbmxrider
Meet Coordinator

sure!

i am actually going to set a new goal of acquiring one of the blacked out tail panels from a dick harrell supercar and throw it on mine. therefor i will be correct always

maybe i can send mine to gmmg and have them do one personally? would that suffice? i'll have to go through berger chevy though. road trip! or phone call
Old 01-27-2009, 03:17 PM   #89
WildBillyT
Ayatollah of Rock N Rolla / Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardcoreZ28 View Post
HAHAHA come on....I know I'm engaged and have a house and a job but when the hell did I somehow slip into the "old guy" category? I'm only 27 for God's sake!

Oh and don't forget about your blinker oil
Paul, that reminds me. I want to get my walker powder coated. What type of turnaround can I expect on that? And does Spohn make polyeurethane walker feet? The tennis balls are flexing too much when I'm cornering hard.

Last edited by WildBillyT; 01-27-2009 at 03:17 PM.
WildBillyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 03:22 PM   #90
sweetbmxrider
Meet Coordinator

ahahhaha
Old 01-27-2009, 03:54 PM   #91
HardcoreZ28

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildBillyT View Post
Paul, that reminds me. I want to get my walker powder coated. What type of turnaround can I expect on that? And does Spohn make polyeurethane walker feet? The tennis balls are flexing too much when I'm cornering hard.
The additional weight of the powdercoat would make it too difficult for you to continue walking with it due to the breakdown of your now feeble old body. I would suggest a titanium unit instead...with solid feet. You're also not as quick as you used to be so cornering g's should be kept to a minimum.

1989 IROC-Z Media Coverage:
Chevy High Performance - Readers Rides 4/03
GM High Tech Performance - Tech Article 3/06
Chevy Rumble - Tech & Feature Articles November 2006
Auto Restorer Magazine - Feature Article 5/11
SkinAndSteel.com
HardcoreZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 04:30 PM   #92
Mike
BadMod

Quote:
*We determined GMMG did not in fact use the term Berger Panel. So if they don't why do you?

*Idiots do call non-4th gen, and even non-black 4th gen, tail panels 'berger panels' I've heard both.
there are tail panels in the classifieds of this forum and ls1 tech in many colors, listed in the ads as "berger panels"

Quote:
sure!

i am actually going to set a new goal of acquiring one of the blacked out tail panels from a dick Harrell supercar and throw it on mine. therefor i will be correct always

maybe i can send mine to gmmg and have them do one personally? would that suffice? i'll have to go through Berger Chevy though. road trip! or phone call
its been mentioned several times in this thread, dick Harrell and Berger Chevrolet didn't call the parts Berger panels, so you would still be incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by 79CamaroDiva View Post
It started before I drove your car. I just have to look at it the wrong way and your car poops parts.
Mercerville MotorSports, LLC
Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 04:41 PM   #93
PolarBear
Ebearnezer Scrooge/Power Member/Lips

Quote:
Jeff has a Canadian 1970 SS with an L78 and a factory black tail pan.
Uhh but the whole car is black so does that really count?
Quote:
Now is it an alternator or a generator?
Generator produces DC and outputs DC. Alternator produces AC and outputs DC so all modern cars have an alternator because it is more efficient to produce AC than DC then it is to produce DC and regulate it
Quote:
It is all an oil derivitive so technically it is still oil
PolarBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 05:36 PM   #94
BonzoHansen
Admin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardcoreZ28 View Post
The additional weight of the powdercoat would make it too difficult for you to continue walking with it due to the breakdown of your now feeble old body. I would suggest a titanium unit instead...with solid feet. You're also not as quick as you used to be so cornering g's should be kept to a minimum.
He needs a titanium one from Forgeline. It uses delrin bushings and special no-bind links..

Old 01-27-2009, 05:38 PM   #95
LTb1ow
Mongo the Meet Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter View Post
Uhh but the whole car is black so does that really count?

Generator produces DC and outputs DC. Alternator produces AC and outputs DC so all modern cars have an alternator because it is more efficient to produce AC than DC then it is to produce DC and regulate it

It is all an oil derivitive so technically it is still oil

Any rotating device used to make electricity will make AC. Aside from solar panels and battery.
LTb1ow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 05:40 PM   #96
BonzoHansen
Admin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shownomercy View Post
Any rotating device used to make electricity will make AC. Aside from solar panels and battery.
Spinning solar panels and battery? AAAHAHHHHH! It's a twister! LOL

Old 01-27-2009, 06:48 PM   #97
PolarBear

Quote:
WRONG! it depends on how the armature is set up. Hence a generator makes DC. It is all about efficiency. That is why we have AC into the house rather than DC while most electric devices, excluding MOTORS (can be set up for either), utulize DC. Voltage drop of DC over AC is tremendous. It is more efficient to re-convert it back to required usage. And an electric motor can be made to PRODUCE current but only the same type as it is made to use.

Old 01-27-2009, 06:51 PM   #98
LTb1ow
Mongo the Meet Coordinator

Nope. Any rotating device will make alternating current. You can change it to DC through commuters and brushes but it will still be alternating current. You need coils to smooth it out to get more usable DC.
LTb1ow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 08:34 PM   #99
PolarBear

Quote:
Nope. Any rotating device will make alternating current. You can change it to DC through commuters and brushes but it will still be alternating current. You need coils to smooth it out to get more usable DC.
Although technically you are correct you still fail, when you cross a piece of wire through a magnetic field you induce a voltage. one side will have a positive and one will have a negative. When you only utulize one pole of the field you only get one potential out of it. You must use the north and south pole to get both potentials. So if you use a generator and get half a sine wave out of it that isnt alternating, it has to cross that plane into the other side. Whether or not you smooth out that potential voltage into a steady voltage or not is irrelevant.
Also you use capacitors to smooth out voltage, diodes to change AC to DC, and commuters are people who travel from place of residence to work or full time study

Old 01-27-2009, 08:52 PM   #100
sweetbmxrider
Meet Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbrrmike View Post
there are tail panels in the classifieds of this forum and ls1 tech in many colors, listed in the ads as "berger panels"

its been mentioned several times in this thread, dick Harrell and Berger Chevrolet didn't call the parts Berger panels, so you would still be incorrect
ya i know i said it. but if i get a tail panel blacked out by berger chevy, i can call it just that. hell i'll find a painter who's name is berger and have him paint my ****! W!N

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge