Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > Brake, Chassis and Suspension Tech

Notices

Old 01-09-2013, 03:49 PM   #1
Paul Huryk

Shout out to Paul at RPM...

I wanted to give a big shout out for one of the sponsors on the board, Paul at RPM Resto & Custom.

Paul just welded in a set of Spohn subframe connectors and installed the magnaflow y-pipe I had into my GTA today. Work came out great and it is a pleasure to do business with a fellow NJFBOA sponsor, who happens to be 5 minutes away.

Highly recommended!

Just ordered a boxful of Global west suspension parts that I will be putting in along with a Wilwood big brake kit in the next few weeks at the shop...
Old 01-09-2013, 08:04 PM   #2
HardcoreZ28

Thanks Paul, glad you were happy with the work and service. I'm sure the car feels like a whole new animal now. I have to say I was pretty impressed with your wheels too....definitely a nice design and it's great that you took the time to design them to work around the big brake kits.

1989 IROC-Z Media Coverage:
Chevy High Performance - Readers Rides 4/03
GM High Tech Performance - Tech Article 3/06
Chevy Rumble - Tech & Feature Articles November 2006
Auto Restorer Magazine - Feature Article 5/11
SkinAndSteel.com
HardcoreZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 04:25 PM   #3
Paul Huryk

Paul,

The car definitely feels more solid - then again some popsicle sticks super glued in would probably help a t-top car.

We tried to make them work with most big brake kits and succeeded nicely. The looks are not everyone's cup of tea, but you would have to spend $650/each for basic 1pc forged wheels to get better.

Car is already up on stands - stripping the surface rust of the rear for a repainting and then the Global West parts when they come in next week. Time to get dirty!
Old 01-12-2013, 02:19 AM   #4
L695speed

Paul at RPM, (theres two Pauls so theres no confusion here...) how loaded does the car have to be to install the SFCs? I've heard of two ways, one, the car needs to be completely done and loaded with all four wheels on a lift to weld them in. Two it can be done with no loading of the suspension if the car is not too loaded with weight.

Reason I ask, is if I get my car running within the next year, I may have SFCs installed to prevent any stupid things from happening with T tops and a stroker. Problem is, the car may not be 100% complete. If all you need is the car to be running and driving, I may consider cruising down on a nice day and you can do it for me then I can bring it back on the next nice day. And by 100% I mean stuff like the interior and weatherstripping and the like. Just trying to get the priorities in order on this sucker.
L695speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 08:37 AM   #5
1320B4U

^That is a great ?. I also gave your info to someone looking to have these done as well.
1320B4U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 04:35 PM   #6
HardcoreZ28

You want tha majority of the weight in the car. So complete drivetrain, all body panels, glass, etc. You'd probably be ok without the interior and definitely ok with no weatherstripping.

1989 IROC-Z Media Coverage:
Chevy High Performance - Readers Rides 4/03
GM High Tech Performance - Tech Article 3/06
Chevy Rumble - Tech & Feature Articles November 2006
Auto Restorer Magazine - Feature Article 5/11
SkinAndSteel.com
HardcoreZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 08:21 PM   #7
L695speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardcoreZ28 View Post
You want tha majority of the weight in the car. So complete drivetrain, all body panels, glass, etc. You'd probably be ok without the interior and definitely ok with no weatherstripping.
Ah ok, so basically, a running driving car with a stripped interior and it can be done.

Would the roof panels need to be in place? I have them on the car now (wouldn't drive it like it is) but no weather stripping around the roof. I'm asking because in order to have the roof panels properly in place, I would need to put the weatherstripping in.

If I have you do the SFCs I may have you do some quick patch work too... There will need to be some metal work done I'd bet on where the SFCs weld on. We'll cross that bridge when we come to it though. I will be in touch about that, obviously I need to get the car running and driving legally first. Once I do that I'll let you know when I am ready to put the SFCs in. It seems its hard to find people to install them properly around here.
L695speed is offline   Reply With Quote

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > Brake, Chassis and Suspension Tech