Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > Engine / Power / Tuning

Notices

Old 03-25-2010, 05:42 PM   #1
emolineaux

throttle body adjustment ?

ok guys i swapped out my fast 90 and 92mm tb to an ls6 and a 78mm tb. (to help pay for my trans) but now i have the car all back together and i fired it up and it idled perfect. but as soon as i would tap the throttle the rpm's would shoot up to about 4k and hold. i messed with the cables a bit (i have cruise control) and the throttle plate still isnt completely closing. its now running around 3k when i tap the throttle. here are a couple quick pics i took. and a vid of what i found. im not sure if the cc unit is suppose to retract all the way but when i push back on the throttle lever the cc unit spins some more and the throttle stays shut.

any thing you guys can think of that i might be missing please let me know.

First picture Throttle completely closed (as you can see i put 2 white dots to give you a better view of whats going on)

Second picture this is after i open the throttle body and let it close on its own. white dots are off causing high idle.

and last but not least the crappy vid of this issue. i open the throttle and let it go once i manually close the throttle body the c.c. unit rotates a little more and the throttle body stays completely.

just some more info if i dont have the cable connected to the throttle body it shuts perfect.

http://s11.photobucket.com/albums/a1...t=MOV00128.flv

Last edited by emolineaux; 03-25-2010 at 05:43 PM.
emolineaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 06:34 PM   #2
emolineaux

i just asked the guy i got the setup off of and the tb is off an 01 as from what i remember there is a differance in the 98-99 compaired to the 00+ tb's so i think that might be my problem.
emolineaux is offline   Reply With Quote

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > Engine / Power / Tuning