Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 04-17-2014, 07:57 PM   #51
The_Bishop
Power Member

Probably related to the 'THEZE STRAIGHT PIPEZ ARE SOOOO KEWL WATCH ME LAY RUBBER', overly loud/bad image creating subset of 'car people.'

You may think your window-rattling exhaust is the bee's knees, but when you're number 1,541 in the parade of too-loud cars driving through the neighborhood, people are going to complain and the folks in blue are going to be there. There's a time and place for loud and rowdy, in residential neighborhoods is not it.
1998 Z-28 - SLP lid - Ported TB - LS6 Intake - Dynatech SS headers/Catted Y - Magnaflow Exh - 3.42 - Yank SS3600 - UMI weld-in subframe connectors, Adj LCA, Adj PHB, Q1A TA - Bolt-in Relocation Brackets - Strano springs - Koni shocks - 17" C6Z06 wheels - 326HP/335ft-lbs - 12.35 @ 110.41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbirdws6 View Post
I can appreciate a dream but this person needed some real friends.
Old 04-17-2014, 10:15 PM   #52
WildBillyT
Ayatollah of Rock N Rolla / Admin

I believe the term is TROO DOOLZ.
Old 04-18-2014, 06:43 AM   #53
The_Bishop
Power Member

I stand corrected, good sir.
1998 Z-28 - SLP lid - Ported TB - LS6 Intake - Dynatech SS headers/Catted Y - Magnaflow Exh - 3.42 - Yank SS3600 - UMI weld-in subframe connectors, Adj LCA, Adj PHB, Q1A TA - Bolt-in Relocation Brackets - Strano springs - Koni shocks - 17" C6Z06 wheels - 326HP/335ft-lbs - 12.35 @ 110.41

Quote:
Old 04-18-2014, 06:57 AM   #54
LTb1ow
Mongo the Meet Coordinator

So if I buy a house next to an airport, I can then complain its too loud?
Old 04-18-2014, 07:40 AM   #55
WildBillyT

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTb1ow View Post
Yes.

Flemington Speedway is a better example though.
Old 04-18-2014, 08:06 AM   #56
NJ Torque
11 Second Club

Social Networks:

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildBillyT View Post
Yes.

So true.

Called NIMBY's

Not In My Back Yard

2008 Sierra Vortec Max. 6.2 swapped, headers, Magnaflow catback, GMPP CAI, NHT optioned tow package.

2006 GTO, 11.48 @ 118.3
Old 04-18-2014, 09:34 AM   #57
Featherburner

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTb1ow View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildBillyT View Post
Yes.

Good to know! I guess I need to put in a call to the airport and tell them to stop flights between the hours of 3pm and 9am.

Last edited by Featherburner; 04-18-2014 at 09:35 AM.
Old 04-18-2014, 09:38 AM   #58
WildBillyT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Featherburner View Post
Good to know! I guess I need to put in a call to the airport and tell them to stop flights between the hours of 3pm and 9am.
Here:
http://63.68.152.17/noise.asp

And you can join these guys:
http://www.brram.org/

Old 04-19-2014, 08:58 AM   #59
The_Bishop
Power Member

There's a difference between the normal operating noises of a dragstrip and a parade of vehicles with too-loud exhausts running through your neighborhood all day, especially when some of them are prone to reckless behaviour from time to time. On Island's big event days, I hear loud cars on and off all day. I don't have a problem with this. It's the jackasses with straight pipes (special points for black-smoke-belching diesel jackasses with said straight pipes, usually upright in the bed of the truck or morons on motorcycles with drilled out/no mufflers) flooring their vehicles up 517 and doing 60+ miles per hour in a residential area with a *lot* of hidden driveways.

I'm a car guy. I don't always abide by the law, I'll freely admit. But I don't speed through residential neighborhoods making tons of noise/endangering other people and pissing off the folks that live there.

Someone else posted this, and it's appropriate here: "Personal responsibility, eh?"

Quote:
Old 04-19-2014, 09:07 PM   #60
r0nin89

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Bishop View Post
There's a difference between the normal operating noises of a dragstrip and a parade of vehicles with too-loud exhausts running through your neighborhood all day, especially when some of them are prone to reckless behaviour from time to time. On Island's big event days, I hear loud cars on and off all day. I don't have a problem with this. It's the jackasses with straight pipes (special points for black-smoke-belching diesel jackasses with said straight pipes, usually upright in the bed of the truck or morons on motorcycles with drilled out/no mufflers) flooring their vehicles up 517 and doing 60+ miles per hour in a residential area with a *lot* of hidden driveways.

I'm a car guy. I don't always abide by the law, I'll freely admit. But I don't speed through residential neighborhoods making tons of noise/endangering other people and pissing off the folks that live there.

Someone else posted this, and it's appropriate here: "Personal responsibility, eh?"
Meh. Bikes are really a different story. Its true loud pipes saved lives. Ive witnessed it first hand at 70mph going over the Driscal Bridge.

Shouldnt be tearing off like an ******* in residential still. For the record I was just putting along and my trucks not ridiculously loud unless you get on it or its sitting there high idling. Just happened to seem like the police attention could have been better aimed at the dick heads that were bumper to bumper blowing stop signs in the actual residential areas than pull overs for tint and front plates...

94 2wd SBSC Gmt400. 330CI LSX, Fast 102, Trickflow 205s, close ratio nv3500, 4.30/trutrac.
Old 04-20-2014, 06:23 AM   #61
insaneinferno

I like the magnaflow catback exhaust for the LT1 - it's loud when you gun it, but pretty reasonable at idle and low RPMs.

Also on the subject of speed traps, I was amused by the story of the super corrupt Florida town called Hampton. Basically, they set up a constant speed trap on a major section of highway, but a lot of the revenue just "disappears". They also have a cop for every 25 people living there (a very high ratio). It's so bad, they want to dissolve the entire town. http://www.cnn.com/2014/03/09/us/ham...da-corruption/

Last edited by insaneinferno; 04-20-2014 at 06:24 AM.
Old 04-20-2014, 08:39 AM   #62
Featherburner

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0nin89 View Post
Meh. Bikes are really a different story. Its true loud pipes saved lives. Ive witnessed it first hand at 70mph going over the Driscal Bridge.
True because you say so? More internet BS! Loud pipes give all motorcyclists a bad name. Do you know what saves lives for riders? Proper training and instruction. I'll take skill and experience over loud pipes to save my ass any day!
Old 04-20-2014, 11:14 AM   #63
LTb1ow
Mongo the Meet Coordinator

Loud obnoxious bikes just make me want to run over them.
Old 04-20-2014, 08:27 PM   #64
Dudbird113

Lol
Old 04-21-2014, 08:03 PM   #65
r0nin89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Featherburner View Post
True because you say so? More internet BS! Loud pipes give all motorcyclists a bad name. Do you know what saves lives for riders? Proper training and instruction. I'll take skill and experience over loud pipes to save my ass any day!
O ok Im sorry. I didnt witness a guy with loud pipes on a bike stop someone from running him off the road by being able to blatantly make his presence aware. There was no where for the guy to go. He stopped someone from killing him. The guy driving the car was an unaware ****tard that had no clue he was there.

But please continue to explain to me how your proper training and instruction is going to make someone aware of you on the road that isnt paying attention worth a ****. Im dying to hear it.

Theres no topic of discussion that someone on this site cant seem to ruin or turn into a horrific internet trainwreck...

94 2wd SBSC Gmt400. 330CI LSX, Fast 102, Trickflow 205s, close ratio nv3500, 4.30/trutrac.
Old 04-22-2014, 05:46 AM   #66
The_Bishop
Power Member

Are you serious? You think the 'loud pipes' saved him?

Here's the real deal - He's a jackass for getting into the situation in the first place. I rode motorcycles for *years*. The only way you can get jammed up 'with no where left to go' is if you go there in the first place. You have to ride like you're invisible, not like you own the road. Whats the matter, his brakes didn't work? Never had any training in defensive driving? You *always* leave yourself an 'out' for situations like that, you don't rely on 'loud pipes'.

Quote:
Old 04-22-2014, 05:55 AM   #67
r0nin89

Quote:

Here's the real deal - He's a jackass for getting into the situation in the first place. I rode motorcycles for *years*. The only way you can get jammed up 'with no where left to go' is if you go there in the first place. You have to ride like you're invisible, not like you own the road. Whats the matter, his brakes didn't work? Never had any training in defensive driving? You *always* leave yourself an 'out' for situations like that, you don't rely on 'loud pipes'.
On the Driscoll bridge in packed rush hour traffic? Yeah what an.idiot that guy was for being around cars...

Old 04-22-2014, 07:58 AM   #68
WildBillyT

Take it easy and try to keep it civil, please.
Old 04-22-2014, 08:01 AM   #69
Mike
BadMod

Quote:
O I'm so sorry Mr. All knowing and condescending Police man. I seem to have forgotten that witness testimony is insufficient in the eyes of the law when we have great public servant such as yourself to try to spin everything on people. I must have been wrong when I saw the guy start to change lanes, the bike crack his throttle and the guy jump and swerve back over 10 ft in front of me.

People like you are what wrong with the justice system... Yes but HOW did you know that's what you saw?! Shove it.
A. You don't know me
B. you most likely don't know **** about the justice system
C. I'm not a street cop

The guy swerving "over ten feet" could have endangered more lives than it could have saved if there Was a car on that side. Would the loud pipes still have saved lives?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 79CamaroDiva View Post
It started before I drove your car. I just have to look at it the wrong way and your car poops parts.
Mercerville MotorSports, LLC
Old 04-22-2014, 08:17 AM   #70
Featherburner

Quote:
O ok Im sorry. I didnt witness a guy with loud pipes on a bike stop someone from running him off the road by being able to blatantly make his presence aware. There was no where for the guy to go. He stopped someone from killing him. The guy driving the car was an unaware ****tard that had no clue he was there.

But please continue to explain to me how your proper training and instruction is going to make someone aware of you on the road that isnt paying attention worth a ****. Im dying to hear it.

Theres no topic of discussion that someone on this site cant seem to ruin or turn into a horrific internet trainwreck...
OK Jackass, here is how training and skill work in this situation. The skill you would use here is called situational awareness, a skill I have been honing for the last 28 years I have ridden on the street. You take in your surroundings and expect the worst possible outcome then avoid it BEFORE it can happen. How do you do this without loud pipes you ask? Let me tell you. You don't ride in someone's blind spot. You switch lanes. Speed up. Slow down. Ride in the left hand or right hand portion of your lane depending on the need. You expect the unexpected. You expect the person coming the other way IS going to turn left in front of you even though their turn signal isn't on. You also have a horn at your disposal. The most important part is you must be vigilant! There is no such thing as a carefree ride. You need 100% attention 100% of the time.
Old 04-22-2014, 08:18 AM   #71
Featherburner

Quote:

This!
Old 04-22-2014, 09:14 AM   #72
BonzoHansen
Admin.

The looser the waistband, the deeper the quicksand. Or so I have read.

Feather-light suspension, Konis just couldn't hold. I'm so glad I took a look inside your showroom doors.

Hey everybody, it's good to have you on the Baba-too-da-ba-too-ba-ba-buh-doo-ga-ga-bop-a-dop
Closed Thread

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge